AB

UPPAbaby Bassinet $99 YMMV

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
57%
Retailer:
BuyBuyBaby
I was at buybuybaby (south edmonton common) yesterday looking at car seats and noticed there was an in-store promotion for Uppababy bassinet's, The sales associate said they are discontinuing older colors (reg price $230), down to $99.

On UPPAbaby's website, they are $289.99. I picked up the Taylor color, which is still on the Uppababy site for $289.99

Anyhow, YMMV as the buybuybaby website does not have the old colors on it anymore, but the south Edmonton store had at least 20 bassinets in various colors available.
13 replies
Oct 17, 2005
244 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Dam, nice deal

Wish they had some around the GTA
Dec 14, 2017
246 posts
201 upvotes
Just bassinets or any other items?
Jul 20, 2011
12 posts
15 upvotes
Might be because Uppababy just announced new versions of their Cruz and Vista strollers.
Sep 23, 2010
273 posts
316 upvotes
T Dot
updoot for good price and sharing, but I'd recommend against buying this unless you feel like you must have it.

Our experience: we bought the whole vista system so this was included. with our first we used the bassinet maybe 10 times (if i'm being optimistic). we realized quickly on that it was easier just to use our car seat all the time and leave the adapter on the vista all the time.
with our second we didn't even use it, again instead we just used the car seat and a wrap/carrier since we moved to a walk-able neighborhood. although the bassinet does fold down flat, it is still bulky, in that it has a huge footprint when you put it on the floor.
Feb 11, 2007
313 posts
50 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 2:44 pm
updoot for good price and sharing, but I'd recommend against buying this unless you feel like you must have it.

Our experience: we bought the whole vista system so this was included. with our first we used the bassinet maybe 10 times (if i'm being optimistic). we realized quickly on that it was easier just to use our car seat all the time and leave the adapter on the vista all the time.
with our second we didn't even use it, again instead we just used the car seat and a wrap/carrier since we moved to a walk-able neighborhood. although the bassinet does fold down flat, it is still bulky, in that it has a huge footprint when you put it on the floor.
I use this as their bed for the first couple months, car seat isn't necessarily good for their back when out for long. There are some good benefits to the bassinet. For $100 well worth it.
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
26667 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
I would also say this has limited utility. It's okay if you're going to take your newborn out for a stroll in the neighborhood. It's definitely a lot simpler to pop the Mesa into the stroller when you're taking the baby out of the car. We used ours as an alternate sleeping spot for the baby or just to have a safe place for him to lie down in the family room. We also used it as a place for the baby to sleep when we went to my brother's place for the weekend. For $100, I would say it's a good deal!
Jun 20, 2018
46 posts
12 upvotes
Not in sale in Langley. They just have the 20% off alar going on now.
Apr 21, 2019
186 posts
119 upvotes
Our newborn hated being in the bassinet in stroller because couldn't see anything. We did use it for sleeping at night which worked ok until transitioned to crib. Crib mattress a lot softer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9250 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully rumble seats discounted
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
[OP]
Jul 8, 2014
297 posts
150 upvotes
AB
For some context, originally we had gotten a "Summer- by your side sleeper", which was $80.

This bassinet for us, would replace the sleeper (which we will return). The uppababy bassinet is rated for over night sleep, so I am hoping to use it for ~3 months as a sleeper in our bedroom before transitioning to the crib.

Also with Uppababy, i feel like the residual value would be high enough, that i could probably sell this thing for break even after we are done using it lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2313 posts
642 upvotes
damatick wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 11:04 am
For some context, originally we had gotten a "Summer- by your side sleeper", which was $80.

This bassinet for us, would replace the sleeper (which we will return). The uppababy bassinet is rated for over night sleep, so I am hoping to use it for ~3 months as a sleeper in our bedroom before transitioning to the crib.

Also with Uppababy, i feel like the residual value would be high enough, that i could probably sell this thing for break even after we are done using it lol.
That’s what we did as well- use ours that came with the vista system as a bed for our first one in our master bedroom until he outgrew it (about 3 months) and then he went into his own room with a crib. Unfortunately our second one was fussy and never slept a night in the bassinet until she went into her own room at around 6 months. Babies are so different and you never know until it’s too late...

For $100 you can definitely sell it afterwards. For the original price, I’m not sure why anybody would buy it separately as most people buy the entire system with the stroller and I don’t think somebody would buy it separately for another stroller.
Oct 2, 2011
977 posts
581 upvotes
Vancouver
monsterdon wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:06 am
Our newborn hated being in the bassinet in stroller because couldn't see anything. We did use it for sleeping at night which worked ok until transitioned to crib. Crib mattress a lot softer.
Doesn't softer increase sudden infant death?