Expired Group Deals

Buyers becareful when purchasing from Wagjag!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 2:09 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
6506 posts
2644 upvotes
I've used WagJag vouchers many times, have never had a problem.

Keep the sweet deals coming.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Mar 10, 2011
1 posts
Burlington
I ordered a voucher from Wagjag and contacted them to return it, because the vendor is impossible to get a hold of to use it, but I haven't heard back from them. I've sent three emails to [email protected] and nothing...

It says right on the Wagjag website that if you aren't happy with your purchase then contact them for a refund no problem. Well it is a problem when they won't answer.

I also bought another voucher that was supposed to be released once the deal ended but it was never released as of yet. It is still "pending" but I need the voucher.

So beware and be careful. I like the deals but wagjag needs to take care of their customers. So far I am ripped off and I hope to write an update here at a later date saying that Wagjag solved my issue. I will let you know!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
53 upvotes
I'm still waiting for a WagJag refund.

for the organics delivered deal they only offeredme a$50 credit?

I want a actual refund as I don't know if I want any WagJag deals?

haven't seen anything I want from them in a few months...

Update:

WagJag sent me another email saying they would refund my credit card!
That it should be done in a few days.

now I will wait and see...
so far wagjag has been easy to get a hold of.
Aug 30, 2008
909 posts
184 upvotes
ON
whiskeyhut wrote: I ordered a voucher from Wagjag and contacted them to return it, because the vendor is impossible to get a hold of to use it, but I haven't heard back from them. I've sent three emails to [email protected] and nothing...

It says right on the Wagjag website that if you aren't happy with your purchase then contact them for a refund no problem. Well it is a problem when they won't answer.

I also bought another voucher that was supposed to be released once the deal ended but it was never released as of yet. It is still "pending" but I need the voucher.

So beware and be careful. I like the deals but wagjag needs to take care of their customers. So far I am ripped off and I hope to write an update here at a later date saying that Wagjag solved my issue. I will let you know!
which vendor was that? I'm always a little wary of those deals where there are 1000+ buys, and you need to make an appointment...

(and on a side note, super sick of that "sweet sushi" deal that keeps popping up...)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8968 posts
2685 upvotes
people know who owns wagjag, right?

Torstar shouldnt be too hard to get what you want from if there is a problem...
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9813 posts
1286 upvotes
GTA
If you are having issues with them responding to e-mails go the old fashion way and use the phone. I had issues with 2 transactions (not wagjag's fault) and they were very quick to address my issues and process a refund.

I also had an issue with their new cart when they rolled it out and the lady was very helpful on the phone and although she couldn't figure out what was happening and why I couldn't purchase the deal, she made it so I could still get the deal before it expired that evening. Overall, I am very happy with Wagjag. I have become a lot more selective on which deals I buy but I would say 60% of my groupdeal purchasing is done through wagjag nowadays as they have a lot of deals for different cities and often multiple deals for each city. I also like how deals last more than one day.
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a voucher from wagjag for $70 for a rust-proofing package from Krown. People had been questioning about the claimed value of $154 of the package because Krown charges $119.xx for cars. Wagjag told people that all sizes of vehicle (Car, SUV and Van) would be covered in this package with no additional charge and whatsoever, thus the $154. Fine, fair enough. Vouchers were sent out to customers after the deal was closed. Guess what? Big print on top of the voucher stating, "Rust-Proofing Treatment for a Car (Vans and SUVs pay $5 Extra)" bah bah bah.
Someone had questioned wagjag about it, still got the same answer, "There is no extra cost for SUV's or any other size vehicle. This deal covers them all!" :confused: Even with the big print across the voucher stating the extra $5 for SUVs and Vans blind people can see it? :-0 :rolleyes: > :( C'mon! Think we're idiots? Bought in my SUV, sure enough, Krown requested additional money as they pointed out the extra stated on the voucher. Told the owner about what wagjag said and the owner said, Wagjag can't change our terms which are stated on the vouchers. The problem is we don't get to see the actual voucher before the purchase. You still can check the discussion blog and the original terms stated in the ad.

You'll be your own judge in this case. To me, don't assume the middle guys are always innocent and don't always assume the merchants are bad guys, at least not in my case. Wagjag shouldn't inflate the claimed value and tried to cover it up by twisting it. I would still have bought the voucher if it stated the actual value.

The followings are what Krown deal posted.

"Offer Details
# Expires March 11, 2011
# Limit 1 per person. May buy more as gifts
# Valid at the Toronto location only
# Taxes included. Voucher has no cash value
Highlights
# Specially formulated for complete protection: protects car body, locks, hinges and wiring
# Protect from rust
"
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9813 posts
1286 upvotes
GTA
AAA you should contact them (wagjag) and explain what happened. At the least I am sure you will get a $5 credit to your account. I would suggest phoning them as it would be easier to explain what happened. Based on what you said, it sounds like WagJag was in the wrong but based on my experience if you give them a chance to make do, they will...
Feb 27, 2011
162 posts
31 upvotes
My parents basement
I haven't had many problems at all with wagjag and have bought tons of things from there.. until today.

There was a deal for $49 for $100 of art at framedartcanvas.com.. it was a deal through vancouver's page but usable online so I bought 4 copies of it so that it would tip (someone else only bought 1 so I ponied up and bought 4. I have good use for them all as gifts anyways) and then someone bought one more so it tipped with 6.

All the vouchers got added to my account, and it came out of a big amount of wagjag credits I had, and all was good.. one day later, 1 of my vouchers dissapeared.. I thought it might be a problem with the computer here at work displaying the webpage incorrectly as that happens often here, so I checked later at home and I now only had 2 vouchers. I emailed them immediately. I checked today, and had ZERO of my 4 vouchers for the deal remaining, and have not received any credits refunded back. I emailed them AGAIN except direct to one of their staff whose email I had from a previous time I had emailed back and forth with their support team.

If I don't have an email back from someone tomorrow with an explanation I'm gonna call in and flip my ****, that's pretty crappy if they cancelled the deal (maybe cuz 5 individual ppl didn't buy them.. but I had bought them all separately with the intention of giving them as gifts so this shouldn't matter...) and didn't refund me my credits or send me an email or anything.

OTHER THAN THIS... I have never had a problem with wagjag. There haven't been many deals for edmonton lately for some reason but up until this last week or so they had EXCELLENT amount of deals at once and all pretty good quality too.

*edit*
I read back this thread, and cannot believe how many people had problems with CS. I had a couple incidents I had to email them to try get refunds or ask questions, and every time I had an answer within 6 hours and never waited longer than a day to get a refund
Feb 21, 2008
144 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Last May 10, I had a problem with a WagJag voucher (resto closed) and contacted WagJag via the Contact Us form on their website. I got an auto-generated email with a ticket number.

After 6 days (incl. 1 follow-up email), I haven't heard back from them.

I tried calling them today and was pleasantly surprised about how easy it was to reach them (I was expecting to be on hold for 30 minutes).

They admitted that they had a huge backlog and some issues with processing email queries and said that the best way to contact them is via phone.

After explaining my case, they immediately offered a full refund and I had a choice of WagJag bucks or a credit card refund. Since requesting a refund to my credit card account will take a few days, I just opted for WagJag bucks.

A couple of hours later, I logged into my account saw that my refund had been credited to my WagJag bucks.

Not responding to an email/ticket after 6 days is definitely not great customer service, but it does seem that WagJag has acknowledged their shortcomings and they have shown efforts to improve.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1767 posts
810 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
I cancelled a deal thorugh a Wagjag competitor Dealfind and it was a smooth as silk. I was thinking they were all like that but thanks to this threat will be careful.
I do think all these team buy sites are in their honeymoon phase with customers and some are going to go out of business. People are going to get burned, so watch these types of sites and their treatment of customer's closely.
Jul 27, 2003
252 posts
8 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I bought the Hockey Sushi deal only to find that you have to pick x# of dishes from their a la carte menu, not a AYCE. Then it happen again at Akai Sushi where they calculate the discount after taxes so true saving is not correct as deal said. Waitress kept arguing so it ruined the experience hence we only gave the staff 5% tip from discounted amount instead of 15% from before discounted amount.
I am not interest in the Atlantic Window $125 for $500 deal & Windteck window $99 for $500. So basicly we would be paying $125 or $99 for a $500 coupon. My worry is that the rep who will come up increase the prices up so basicly we loose out instead of saving. I really hate this industry as they are all over the spectrum. I wondered if I can just buy the windows/door then put it in myself. :?:
Sep 28, 2003
492 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
MoogleDoll wrote: SCAM REFUND??
Purchased tickets and needed a refund a week before the expiry date. I sent an email requesting for refund. They promptly got back to me asking why. I told them my reason and they sent one back and said,
"I will look into trying to cancel these vouchers, please be advised that they are transferable. If you have someone that may want to take advantage of the great experience for a low price you are able to transfer it to them. "

The reply showed lack of commitment and confidence to refund the tickets, when this is is a refund that I was entitled to.

I emailed them three more times, before the expiry date asking how the progress was going, and I have not head anything back. Ever since that last email I received from Wagjag, I did not hear from them again, and it's been over a week. The tickets are now expired, I have not used them. If I knew that the tickets were not going to be refunded, I would have gave them away.

Their communication is absolutely horrible and they need to make major improvements to their services, if they want to be able to compete. I feel like I got scammed for a refund that I am entitled to as a customer, this is absolutely ridiculous and I am getting very fed up with their incompetence .

The sad thing is, at the same time I needed a refund from teambuy, and I got the refund in 3 days of my first email. They were super friendly, professional and prompt.

I will not be purchasing from them again, and I will advise family and friends not to as well. Buyers please beware of this.
You're serious dude? LOL
Wagjag is not a scam, you're a scam client buddy!
Give your head a shake, why dont you ask for your refund for the toilet paper you used last year, and the toothpaste you used - if you use it.
Not impressed.
lock and close this ridiculous thread :facepalm:
TMLeafs26
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3147 posts
252 upvotes
anh2003 wrote: I bought the Hockey Sushi deal only to find that you have to pick x# of dishes from their a la carte menu, not a AYCE. Then it happen again at Akai Sushi where they calculate the discount after taxes so true saving is not correct as deal said. Waitress kept arguing so it ruined the experience hence we only gave the staff 5% tip from discounted amount instead of 15% from before discounted amount.
I am not interest in the Atlantic Window $125 for $500 deal & Windteck window $99 for $500. So basicly we would be paying $125 or $99 for a $500 coupon. My worry is that the rep who will come up increase the prices up so basicly we loose out instead of saving. I really hate this industry as they are all over the spectrum. I wondered if I can just buy the windows/door then put it in myself. :?:

the hockey sushi voucher was never for ayce it was your wishfull thinking maybe
Aug 30, 2006
166 posts
I have bought like 10 vouchers from wagjag with no issue. The only thing that bugs me is that you don't get the vouvher until the deal is over, even if it already tipped! Once it tips, you should just get and be able to go, not a week later!
Sep 11, 2010
62 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
I've bought several deals from wagjag and asked for 2 refunds. They gave them to me immediately with no interrogation. Couldn't have been simpler. I think their customer service is excellent!
Banned
Apr 3, 2011
93 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
luvgr8dlz wrote: I have bought like 10 vouchers from wagjag with no issue. The only thing that bugs me is that you don't get the vouvher until the deal is over, even if it already tipped! Once it tips, you should just get and be able to go, not a week later!

I think that's so when they sell 10000000 they can give the merchant a list before customers come hurdling in.. However, wagjag take too long to actually give me my voucher when they deal has ended, or to use a groupon term, tipped!
Always looking for a good deal in the GTA! PM me if you have found something I haven't.

Sites I use: Groupon, Wagjag, Snaggies, Kijiji and sometimes Livingsocial.

Smile and wear sunscreen.
May 6, 2011
7 posts
I have bought several wagjag vouchers and never had a problem with them. However, I bought a voucher from another site for a company that then was also featured on wagjag. This particular company did not provide the service as outlined in the deal I purchased, and would not do anything about it even when I complained to the owner. So I took the complaint to the deal site (steal the deal) and got a prompt refund. But when I saw this same company on wagjag, I felt compelled to warn others about the company, and they are very small (the guy who performed the service told us they are a 2 man operation) and it was extremely doubtful that they could complete the number of wagjags already sold on the 1st day. So I wrote a buyer beware warning in wagjag's discussion column, which was met with a condescending reply from a wagjag employee, and a message that all purchases are fully refundable (but apparently only after pulling teeth, as per some of the above posts). The best part is that there were already 3 other warnings about the company in the discussion column from other people. If all wagjag cares about is selling a deal so that they can get their share of the money (and does not care about the reputation and quality of the businesses they promote), then buyer beware... of wagjag.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1657 posts
162 upvotes
bwrymer wrote: I have bought several wagjag vouchers and never had a problem with them. However, I bought a voucher from another site for a company that then was also featured on wagjag. This particular company did not provide the service as outlined in the deal I purchased, and would not do anything about it even when I complained to the owner. So I took the complaint to the deal site (steal the deal) and got a prompt refund. But when I saw this same company on wagjag, I felt compelled to warn others about the company, and they are very small (the guy who performed the service told us they are a 2 man operation) and it was extremely doubtful that they could complete the number of wagjags already sold on the 1st day. So I wrote a buyer beware warning in wagjag's discussion column, which was met with a condescending reply from a wagjag employee, and a message that all purchases are fully refundable (but apparently only after pulling teeth, as per some of the above posts). The best part is that there were already 3 other warnings about the company in the discussion column from other people. If all wagjag cares about is selling a deal so that they can get their share of the money (and does not care about the reputation and quality of the businesses they promote), then buyer beware... of wagjag.
Well anyone could write the buyer beware thing, they were probably more worried about trolls/competitors. You should have just emailed them directly if you were concerned.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)