Real Estate

Buying agent with most cash back?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 8:37 am
Feb 27, 2008
269 posts
103 upvotes
calgary
I have not seen sold prices online? is there a free source or you have to sign up with a realtor to get just sold listings.

avins007 wrote: I wish more homeowners would try and sell the house themselves. FSBO.

Or try purpleBricks, Comfree.
The agent try not to do cashback but if they say no just move on to another agent. Lots of agents make too much money without doing much work. Everything is online now like sold prices and even brand new listing come on zolo.

The public needs to wake up in this technology era and bring the Commission more to reality then the old 2.5%
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6086 posts
3979 upvotes
Toronto
Comfree and Purplebricks, you are really just saving the listing fee, but then you have to do all the work yourself of managing showings, getting photos done, hosting open house, signs, and negotiating on your own. You will need to pay the coop agent 2.25 or 2.5% most likely anyway.
You can easily find an agent to list your property for 1%. This may seem like a lot, but people need to get paid right, the listing brokerage need to pay their staff to answer phones, manage the deal paperwork, contacting lawyer for you, issuing the cheques. etc. If you can do this all on your own, by all means, no one is stopping you. But there is a reason the large majority of homes are being listed and handled by a realtor, and not the sellers themselves. People get emotional when selling their own homes.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2019
1339 posts
1940 upvotes
Stouffville ON
findmedeals2 wrote: I have not seen sold prices online? is there a free source or you have to sign up with a realtor to get just sold listings.
bungol.ca is a very good source for GTA for sold prices.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Sep 27, 2018
35 posts
46 upvotes
Eyeing a home in Ottawa (near YOW).
~$1.45M
PM w/ specific cash-back offers if interested
Jul 7, 2004
995 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to buy in London. I am willing to do all the leg work. Need agent for offer, red flags and maybe some previous sale price info. Please PM me to discuss. Thanks
Apr 26, 2014
38 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Looking to purchase in the Brampton area ~$600k. Pm if you can offer greater than 1% cashback.
Jun 2, 2008
65 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for agent experienced with Markham area. I am looking to buy detached house. PM with your offers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6086 posts
3979 upvotes
Toronto
abbyss wrote: Looking for agent experienced with Markham area. I am looking to buy detached house. PM with your offers.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1253 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for a cash back agent to buy a house in Toronto. Please PM

Would like an experienced agent and someone that will not rush and pressure you
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1253 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
dundeal wrote: Sent you an offer.
Thanks for all the quick responses I got. I will review with my wife and get back to you guys. Cheers
Dec 21, 2010
389 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Selling Agent needed
Markham, detached, good area, value $1.2+
May need staging and reduced commission.
Sep 20, 2003
612 posts
57 upvotes
Looking for a cash back agent to buy a house in Toronto. Please PM
Oct 7, 2010
48 posts
7 upvotes
Looking for a selling (Beaty, Milton) and buying (Lisgar, Mississauga) agent. Planning to upgrade. Current house around $600K value and looking to buy around $975K. Please PM
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8580 posts
1335 upvotes
TO
Want to buy a new construction town in Brampton Bram West area and looking to go with someone for cash back from builder. Please PM.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6086 posts
3979 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Want to buy a new construction town in Brampton Bram West area and looking to go with someone for cash back from builder. Please PM.
whats the project? I'll check if builder is paying any coop.
Last edited by oasis100 on Aug 10th, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full-time Realtor
Dec 16, 2007
36 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Want to buy a new construction town in Brampton Bram West area and looking to go with someone for cash back from builder. Please PM.
Builders dont usually offer cash back. As an incentive, most of them offer free upgrades or few thousand dollars off the purchase price or easy deposit structure.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6086 posts
3979 upvotes
Toronto
cooldew007 wrote: Builders dont usually offer cash back. As an incentive, most of them offer free upgrades or few thousand dollars off the purchase price or easy deposit structure.
What OP is asking is for an agent to go to sales office with him so that he can get some of that coop commission back as a rebate. Assuming the builder is paying a coop.

If you go into a sales office alone, you are not likely to get any of that coop commission as discount because the sales office staff are themselves realtors that will get paid.
Full-time Realtor
Dec 16, 2007
36 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
oasis100 wrote: What OP is asking is for an agent to go to sales office with him so that he can get some of that coop commission back as a rebate. Assuming the builder is paying a coop.

If you go into a sales office alone, you are not likely to get any of that coop commission as discount because the sales office staff are themselves realtors that will get paid.
My bad... completely misread the whole thing lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8580 posts
1335 upvotes
TO
Thanks everyone for reaching out, wow didn't expect to get so many good responses. Cheers
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Apr 5, 2017
88 posts
219 upvotes
Looking to buy a home in Burlington. Budget is $850-900k. Would appreciate if I can get an offer from realtors who are experienced in this part of city. I am in no rush as I am currently renting and willing to wait for the right house. This does not mean I will bother you a lot, I will only request to see houses I think fits the box (I hope to not be a pain in the backside buyer). Thanks! Grinning Face