Real Estate

Buying agent with most cash back?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 5:19 pm
Apr 28, 2016
78 posts
24 upvotes
IOwnAndPwnU wrote: Considering hiring a realtor for house sale in Brampton. PM if interested.

Where is it located in brampton, we could do a private deal if its a good invest property.
Feb 2, 2018
141 posts
38 upvotes
Looking to purchase a property in Quinte West area. Local Realtors please PM with offers.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1059 posts
1087 upvotes
oasis100 wrote: 1% is fairly standard.
If you want staging, expect to pay like 1.5%

It really depends on home value as well.
Would 3.5% total be fairly standard of a house worth about 2.3M?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17428 posts
4272 upvotes
Toronto
NotRobot wrote: Would 3.5% total be fairly standard of a house worth about 2.3M?
Likely 1% sellers fee, 2.5% buyers coop fee, which seems reasonable to me.

You can ask them to bring the coop fee down to 2% if you really want, but like I mentioned before, some of the not so ethical agents may avoid listings with lower commissions when they do showings.

Also depending on how much work, advertising etc. that the agent is planning on doing, you can probably get another quarter % off his listing fee for a house of your value assuming its not something he's spending a lot of time/money on.
Last edited by deal_with_singh on Aug 25th, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Sep 13, 2007
148 posts
183 upvotes
toronto
NotRobot wrote: Would 3.5% total be fairly standard of a house worth about 2.3M?
I have seen anywhere from 2 to 2.5% for buyer's agent. Listing for over 2 mil at 1% seems reasonable.

There are currently some amazing properties available over 2.5 mil north and north east of the city. One of my clients is keen on one so I speak from first hand experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2095 posts
491 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
In Milton area, and thinking about selling our place.

What's the current % to selling/buying agents ?
I've been out of the real estate loop for a while now.
Oct 21, 2013
264 posts
105 upvotes
waterloo, on
toyopl wrote: In Milton area, and thinking about selling our place.

3.5% is a good start depending on the service level you want.
Royal LePage Realtor
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4509 posts
2138 upvotes
Toronto
toyopl wrote: In Milton area, and thinking about selling our place.

3.5%
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2095 posts
491 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
DealsFreak wrote: 3.5% is a good start depending on the service level you want.
oasis100 wrote: 3.5%

Is it 1% to sellers agent, and 2.5% to buyers ?
Aug 16, 2011
199 posts
60 upvotes
Oakville, ON
That is correct. 1% listing side and 2.5% buying side.
Registered Real Estate Sales Representative
Sep 13, 2007
148 posts
183 upvotes
toronto
There are sellers offering 3% to Buyer's agent as well. I am referring to a few I came across while looking at DT core listings for condos.
Feb 19, 2019
821 posts
886 upvotes
Stouffville ON
als98 wrote: There are sellers offering 3% to Buyer's agent as well. I am referring to a few I came across while looking at DT core listings for condos.
Translation.
We know the property is overpriced crap, we also know there are some axxhole realtors who will bring the clients just get higher commission.
So to all the axxhole realtors out there, please bring your victims, we will be waiting for you with open arms.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1895 posts
475 upvotes
I am in Mississauga Heartland area, looking to sell and buy bigger house in the near future. It been over 10 years since I bought my current house hence I am not sure what to expect in terms of paying commissions.

How do I go about finding the right & honest realtor? If I use the same realtor to sell and buy, how much should I expect to pay in commissions on sale of my house? On the buying transaction, how much cashback is typically offered?

Thanks.
Sep 13, 2007
148 posts
183 upvotes
toronto
senasena wrote: Translation.
We know the property is overpriced crap, we also know there are some axxhole realtors who will bring the clients just get higher commission.
So to all the axxhole realtors out there, please bring your victims, we will be waiting for you with open arms.
Try commercial in the same area - 4% quite common.
Feb 19, 2019
821 posts
886 upvotes
Stouffville ON
als98 wrote: Try commercial in the same area - 4% quite common.
It is also common for precons, however my comment applies to residential resale where 2.5% is the standard and quite hefty amount to pay by the seller.
We all know that what offering 3-4% buyers commission is suppose to do ;-)
Full Time and Full Service Realtor