Buying agent with most cash back?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 9:04 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
Superman3 wrote: Was this by Opus Homes? I thought there launching september 26th
The VIP Launch was last week (DECO/OPUS/Poetry), the public launch is on the 26th. No agents for the 26th launch date.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Mar 17, 2019
81 posts
313 upvotes
Looking for a buying agent offering cashback in GTA.

DM me
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1982 posts
933 upvotes
YYZ
clydelee2020 wrote: I really respect that man. When we bought our house, I thought me and my realtor would be homeboys forever. We just clicked you na mean? He ended up getting married a year later and not only was I not asked to be in his wedding party, I didnt even get a stinking invite!
if i get married i'll invite you to my wedding. no strings attached. just make sure you give me a balling wedding gift. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2609 posts
915 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Looking for a buying agent to split their commission with me in Ottawa (or virtually I guess could work as well). House is ~$500k and I've already seen it so don't need any showings, just someone to write the offer for me and give me a bit of small advice (deposit amount, finance clause, closing terms, etc.) but shouldn't be more than 15 min. phone call and some docu-sign.

Edit: Found, thank you.
Sep 22, 2020
2 posts
Any cashback realtors in the Kitchener / Waterloo / Guelph (and possibly Cambridge) area? Please DM me.

I'm looking at houses ~$500,000. Generally do my own research. Have bought two places before so am familiar with the process. I'm just looking to have someone unlock a door or two in the area. If I go to the trouble of looking at a place, it's because I'm very serious about putting in an offer (e.g. there's a place in KW that I'd like to put an offer on by the end of this week, I just want to see it first).

Please DM me with a link to your website and your percentage split. Thanks!
Feb 8, 2017
140 posts
50 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: i laughed after reading a chunk of this thread.
some asking for 90% cashback
others saying 0

at the end of the day this thread has somewhat turned into a bidding war for realtors to turn on each other

"IM LOOKING TO BUY A HOME I'VE ALREADY DONE ALL THE WORK GIVE ME YOUR MAX CASHBACK
- hey what homes were you looking at?
I WANT A HOUSE IN CENTRAL MISSISSAUGA, BUT IVE ALREADY BEEN OFFERED 70% CASHBACK. CAN YOU BEAT IT?"

I really do feel bad for realtors who are as desperate to offer such cash backs.
Why would I ever want my clients running to tell their friends"oh hey XYZ gives 70% cashbacks on everything" so they come to me, I unknowingly do all the leg work, and then once they find out I don't want to offer 70% cash back they run to the first agent who will offer that to them.
I personally don't do business in that manner. I know my worth, i know what value i bring to the table, and if you think that someone else can offer you more value I insist you go with them not me.

I try to build lasting relationships with all my clients from day one. I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity.
that being said every case is different. I have had situations where the buyer has done all the work, in which case I would offer a rebate due to their due diligence and hard work.

I wish all the discount realtors luck in all their endeavors. I'll continue to read this thread for some good laughs.
Its honestly ridiculous. Any buyer or seller should be looking at what the agent is bringing to the table and decide based upon that and not the percentage of cash back. I have sold properties where I have brought in multiple offers in an area not normally able to get multiple offers. I did staging, photography and the whole bit, folks listen this takes time and effort. But my premium is still less than some less than others out there. Remax? Relax its the same sh•t
Sep 21, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hello there,
Looking to buy a home in Durham region in coming weeks. Are there any buyers agents willing to help? If yes, please PM me with your cash back percentage and what services you will and will not provide.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Mar 6, 2017
29 posts
2 upvotes
hey guys... this thread has been really helpful. Want to thank everyone whose contributed so far.

But can anyone provide any recent color/intel on what the market fee and cashback situation looks like in downtown Toronto for condos right now?

Is it safe to assume 3.5% fee ( 1% list; 2.5% buyer) ... 50% rebate? Or that's only been the case for semis and detached?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
bravo90078 wrote: hey guys... this thread has been really helpful. Want to thank everyone whose contributed so far.

But can anyone provide any recent color/intel on what the market fee and cashback situation looks like in downtown Toronto for condos right now?

Is it safe to assume 3.5% fee ( 1% list; 2.5% buyer) ... 50% rebate? Or that's only been the case for semis and detached?
Listing fee would depend on your specific details but generally expect 1%-1.5% depending on how much work is needed to sell the condo.

Cash back most will pay you 50% back, some of the more desperate agents seem to be paying 70%
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Feb 19, 2019
813 posts
872 upvotes
Stouffville ON
bravo90078 wrote: hey guys... this thread has been really helpful. Want to thank everyone whose contributed so far.

Yes, you should be able to list for 3.5% and get 50% cash back, don't just concentrate on cash back, you want someone who offers cash back as well as great service.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Feb 19, 2019
813 posts
872 upvotes
Stouffville ON
Looking to refer a buyer to an agent in Hamilton area, if interested please PM me, thank you.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Oct 26, 2009
149 posts
31 upvotes
EDMONTON
I am looking to buy a house in Mississauga or Oakville area. Please pm me with cash back percentage, I am only looking to have the paper work done and no showings so I am looking for best rate at this point. Thanks
Oct 17, 2020
1 posts
I am looking to buy a house in Ottawa now. Any agent in Ottawa and offers cash back, please pm me with cash back percentage.