• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2022 7:16 am
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)

Buying at aliexpress.com

I have noticed in recent weeks and trends, orders at aliexpress with sellers processing orders for dispatch just before the expiring of the ship within their determined days will send the "shipment order" only to cancel the shipment 5 to 7 days later. This is just frustration and waste of time and energy, this appears to orders routed via Singapore. You must keep on monitoring the status every other day, also disputes only allowed to open 10 days after ship date. I think I will stop ordering anything from aliexpress for now until things improved.
Thread Summary
Everything related to ordering experience from Sellers at aliexpress.com

Tracking websites:

(1) http://parcelsapp.com/en
(2) http://www.ubismartparcel.com/en/
(3) https://www.17track.net/en
(4) http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html
(5) https://global.cainiao.com/
(6) https://en.trackitonline.ru/
125 replies
Feb 7, 2015
320 posts
203 upvotes
This only happened to orders routed via Singapore. Don't buy items then if its routed via that country. All my orders routed via China were shipped though. I placed an order 3weeks ago and received it the other day. I know its always cancelled if its via Singapore as I experienced it as well and i feel your frustration. But routed via China works for me so don't order from sellers that uses Singapore route.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
narut0 wrote: This only happened to orders routed via Singapore. Don't buy items then if its routed via that country. All my orders routed via China were shipped though. I placed an order 3weeks ago and received it the other day. I know its always cancelled if its via Singapore as I experienced it as well and i feel your frustration. But routed via China works for me so don't order from sellers that uses Singapore route.
True, but you never know how the Sellers at ali dispatch your orders though when the minimum shipping fee is manually selected in their listings which may show as via AliExpress Standard Shipping, Yanwen Economic Air Mail, Cainiao Super Economy Global, China Post Registered Air Mail, etc.
Feb 7, 2015
320 posts
203 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote: True, but you never know how the Sellers at ali dispatch your orders though when the minimum shipping fee is manually selected in their listings which may show as via AliExpress Standard Shipping, Yanwen Economic Air Mail, Cainiao Super Economy Global, China Post Registered Air Mail, etc.
Give Wish a try if you dont want to risk it with AliExpress. Shipping fee in Wish is higher though
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18060 posts
12778 upvotes
Markham
I'm not sure where you get this disputes only allowed to open 10 days after ship date

I ordered something last week and this is what it says on my order

Your order should arrive within 30-50 Days, Factors such as delayed logistics and customs clearings may have an impact on the delivery time.
1. If your order does not arrive on 2020-10-06 , you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute.

This is what the website says...

MONEY BACK GUARANTEEWe promise your money back if the item you received is not as described, or if your item is not delivered within the Buyer Protection period. You can get a refund 15 days after the claim process finishes. This guarantee is in addition to and does not limit your statutory rights as a consumer, as granted by all mandatory laws and regulations applicable in your country of residence.

That is not 10 days after shipping.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8402 posts
4084 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
You can still dispute 15 days (albeit from the stroke of midnight China time, maybe even earlier) after the receive-by date:
The confirmation time for order XXXXX has ended. If you still haven't received the item or you've received it but are unhappy, you still have 15 days to submit a dispute request. We're here to help!
I actually had (finally) received the order a few days before but had forgotten to confirm receipt.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Jun 20, 2010
362 posts
181 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote: I have noticed in recent weeks and trends, orders at aliexpress with sellers processing orders for dispatch just before the expiring of the ship within their determined days will send the "shipment order" only to cancel the shipment 5 to 7 days later. This is just frustration and waste of time and energy, this appears to orders routed via Singapore. You must keep on monitoring the status every other day, also disputes only allowed to open 10 days after ship date. I think I will stop ordering anything from aliexpress for now until things improved.
exactly same thing happened with me, i was wondering if shipment is cancelled it should be automatic refund and an email. But no notification and no auto refund....i had to login to accidently find that shipment is cancelled and then raise a dispute. They gave refund decision in 24 hours...but its more than a week and am still waiting for refund to be processed/ get into my credit card
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
narut0 wrote: Give Wish a try if you dont want to risk it with AliExpress. Shipping fee in Wish is higher though
I have tried Wish, their prices are over inflated and Shipping is high. To get an additional discount, you have to order within a given time. I have also had a go at "tophatter". Some prices are too good to be realistic. Did not like either of them.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
anti_maniac wrote: exactly same thing happened with me, i was wondering if shipment is cancelled it should be automatic refund and an email. But no notification and no auto refund....i had to login to accidently find that shipment is cancelled and then raise a dispute. They gave refund decision in 24 hours...but its more than a week and am still waiting for refund to be processed/ get into my credit card
They stopped emailing since end of March. All notification and messages from sellers and to sellers for order confirmation and updates of shipping, refunds, disputes, etc. are now available or handled through your account. Only time you will get an email is "Aliexpress Customer Service Satisfaction Survey". There are policies in place how sellers are allowed to contact buyers. Though auto cancellation by system when seller failed to ship before the deadline, refund is automatic but it is buyers to follow through to verify. The status of refund though not 100% accurate, is available in the Order ID#.... View Detail, next under Financial tab (PC) or Refund Information (Mobile apps version) has a status dates: Waiting Refund - Refund Processing- Refund. After about 3 business days, the refund will show up in your credit card account as -ve $ figure which means you have received the refund. Other times, aliexpress website still has "Refund Processing". I get all notifications on my mobile using their apps. No issues but for more details, can only be viewed by logging into a computer, it is convenient if you have to upload evidence to add more teeth to your dispute. If you had been expecting a refund, keep an eye on your credit card figures, i have seen that the refund posted is correct but showing way back in my statement but there was a change in the CC figure due to the fact of the refund.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
gr8dlr wrote: I'm not sure where you get this disputes only allowed to open 10 days after ship date

I ordered something last week and this is what it says on my order

Your order should arrive within 30-50 Days, Factors such as delayed logistics and customs clearings may have an impact on the delivery time.
1. If your order does not arrive on 2020-10-06 , you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute.

This is what the website says...

MONEY BACK GUARANTEEWe promise your money back if the item you received is not as described, or if your item is not delivered within the Buyer Protection period. You can get a refund 15 days after the claim process finishes. This guarantee is in addition to and does not limit your statutory rights as a consumer, as granted by all mandatory laws and regulations applicable in your country of residence.

That is not 10 days after shipping.
When you made an order: example (July 14) and you get a Tracking # of Ship date from Seller (July 17) but for some reason Shipment was cancelled (July 20) or Shipment returned to Seller (July 22). Now you know from tracking status, there is a screw up (called "shipping abnormal"), you want to for sure open a dispute for Refund with seller. Here is the message you will see from ailexpress website for that order:

"Reminder:You can "Open Dispute" 10 days after the seller ships your item(s). If you have any questions about the order, please contact the seller".

This means you are allowed to file a dispute on or after July 28 since the Shipping Date is July 17. Trust me, I have experience this a number of times. An honest seller will without wasting time leave a message in your account and advise you to file for Refund. Some will just let you wait and wait for delivery until you discover the cancellation. So not wasting any time, file after 10 days.

BTW the Buyer Protection period is now 90 days, extended from 60 days.
Feb 7, 2015
320 posts
203 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote: This means you are allowed to file a dispute on or after July 28 since the Shipping Date is July 17. Trust me, I have experience this a number of times. An honest seller will without wasting time leave a message in your account and advise you to file for Refund. Some will just let you wait and wait for delivery until you discover the cancellation. So not wasting any time, file after 10 days.

BTW the Buyer Protection period is now 90 days, extended from 60 days.
So true on this. I had a few sellers pm me to cancel due to blah blah reasons which i totally understand but I hated those sellers who never pm, waste my time and i have to wait 10days to file a dispute. Luckily, i only experienced it once. I will still buy from AliExpress though as 90% of the time i got all my orders and the 10% either they cancelled or didn't arrive. Have you tried ebay? I didn't like wish either as prices are very inflated but shipping is very fast though. I'm not a fan of eBay too, i had too many bad experience not worth my time. IMHO i think AliExpress is still worth it for me even if there are sellers who like to waste my time by not cancelling early and had to wait 10days to dispute, cause majority of the sellers based on my experience are good and fulfilling my orders. Let me know though if you know any other reputable website similar to AliExpress that we can order from.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2097 posts
826 upvotes
iluvagooddeal wrote: I have noticed in recent weeks and trends, orders at aliexpress with sellers processing orders for dispatch just before the expiring of the ship within their determined days will send the "shipment order" only to cancel the shipment 5 to 7 days later. This is just frustration and waste of time and energy, this appears to orders routed via Singapore. You must keep on monitoring the status every other day, also disputes only allowed to open 10 days after ship date. I think I will stop ordering anything from aliexpress for now until things improved.
Had a similar issue. In my case the item I bought was labeled EPACKET shipping but the deceitful seller switched it in the last moment to Singapore Post. order date was April 24th and the tracking shows it still not in Canada. I made a dispute before the usual Ali cut off time (one month ago) and now Ali is siding with the jerk seller stating my case is invalid:

Problems with the order Judgement from AE Invalid Reason
Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit Invalid After checking the tracking information, this order is still within purchase protection time, please be patience waiting for the international package.

The last message I got was:
Hi

The confirmation time for order "" has ended. If you still haven't received the item or you've received it but are unhappy, you still have 15 days to submit a dispute request. We're here to help!

Pure B.S I cannot initiate any dispute now since I made it earlier and they say it is invalid and to wait for package. Looks like I am out $60 bucks. Not sure I can do a chargeback for this since it is almost 3 months ago. There is no way to contact ALi dispute team with an email for a new message, all I see is the same proposal message. Not sure anyone there reads any new messages.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
I have just found out that certain Tracking # S00000xxxxxxxxx given by Sellers may not show up at 17Track.net but is available at parcelapps.com where the # gets changed to a different Tracking with message as "Assigned destination country post tracking number UJxxxxxxxxxCN". I am happy as long as I can track the shipment. Strange, can someone explain the change?.

I see 3 companies are involve in the shipment for one such order: China Post, Yanmen and Cainiao. Details as:
Found in: China Post Yanwen Logistics Cainiao
Track with couriers: Cainiao Yanwen Logistics China Post
Reference: UJxxxxxxxxxCN

Tracking link: http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/S00000xxxxxxxxx
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2224 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
astrotrain wrote: Had a similar issue. In my case the item I bought was labeled EPACKET shipping but the deceitful seller switched it in the last moment to Singapore Post. order date was April 24th and the tracking shows it still not in Canada. I made a dispute before the usual Ali cut off time (one month ago) and now Ali is siding with the jerk seller stating my case is invalid:

Problems with the order Judgement from AE Invalid Reason
Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit Invalid After checking the tracking information, this order is still within purchase protection time, please be patience waiting for the international package.

The last message I got was:
Hi

The confirmation time for order "" has ended. If you still haven't received the item or you've received it but are unhappy, you still have 15 days to submit a dispute request. We're here to help!

Pure B.S I cannot initiate any dispute now since I made it earlier and they say it is invalid and to wait for package. Looks like I am out $60 bucks. Not sure I can do a chargeback for this since it is almost 3 months ago. There is no way to contact ALi dispute team with an email for a new message, all I see is the same proposal message. Not sure anyone there reads any new messages.
Had a similar issue where I had to issue a charge back. After waiting 90 days I finally got my package, however it wasn't what I ordered it. I contacted the seller and provided evidence to AliExpress, seller pretty much ignored me and Aliexpress didn't offer a refund

I called Visa, told them the date of the transaction and that the issue. Waited a few minutes, Visa told me said I should have a refund (price adjustment) within a few days. The next day I got the refund from Visa. Just an FYI this was my first charge back ever, not sure if that helped me or not

In my opinion you should proceed with the charge back. Disputing with Aliexpress seems so painful, the Eva robot doesn't help at all either. I've also read some refunds from Aliexpress can take 3 months
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2097 posts
826 upvotes
realg123 wrote: Had a similar issue where I had to issue a charge back. After waiting 90 days I finally got my package, however it wasn't what I ordered it. I contacted the seller and provided evidence to AliExpress, seller pretty much ignored me and Aliexpress didn't offer a refund

I called Visa, told them the date of the transaction and that the issue. Waited a few minutes, Visa told me said I should have a refund (price adjustment) within a few days. The next day I got the refund from Visa. Just an FYI this was my first charge back ever, not sure if that helped me or not

In my opinion you should proceed with the charge back. Disputing with Aliexpress seems so painful, the Eva robot doesn't help at all either. I've also read some refunds from Aliexpress can take 3 months
Was a long process to do a chargeback, what did they ask you to provide, how did you send them the proof? I figure this is my only option now, looks like Ali is default siding with the sellers during this virus mess up delivery phase.. needless to say no more taking a chance with buying anything from Ali going forwards..
[OP]
Sep 23, 2009
471 posts
74 upvotes
YYZ (GTA)
6060842 wrote: I'm a bit confused about when I can open a dispute . My delivery date or "buyer protection" date keeps getting pushed back. The date is now 110 days after my purchase date which seems excessive, even under less than ideal conditions. I am hoping that someone with a better understanding of the refund process can help me out here. When should I open a dispute? Since I can only dispute once I don't want to jump the gun but also I don't want to become ineligible for a CC chargeback should it become necessary.
Always contact the seller first before filing dispute. If you can't reach an agreement, you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute.

How to Open Dispute
1st Step: You can choose between two options: Return Goods – this means that you want to return the item and apply for a full refund, or Refund Only – this means that either you did not receive the item and you’re applying for a full refund or you did receive the item and you want a partial refund (without having to send the item back).
2nd Step: During the dispute process you can discuss the refund terms with the seller. If you and seller can’t come to an agreement, we will step in and help. During this time, you are still free to negotiate a deal with the seller.
3rd: You can choose to accept the seller’s or AliExpress’ proposal. After this, the dispute process is finished, and your refund will be process

This is my usual process when filing a dispute when Item is not delivered within the now 90 days Buyer’s Protection period. File Dispute at around 85th day of your purchase date or just after the 90 days if Protection period is extended, you can always cancel the dispute.
I want to apply refund for: Refund only
Did you receive the Item: No
Refund amount: CND $ (specify total amount paid)
Please write your request detail:
Reason for refund request
Logistic tracking problem (tracking is stuck at one status for 2+ months- term is “shipping abnormal”
Customs problem (I never select this one)
Wrong address

Refund Only
- I haven't received my order and I would like to get my money back OR
- The product is not as described and I would like a partial refund.
Return Goods
- I am not satisfied with the product I received and would like to return
it for a full refund. You may have to pay the shipping fee(s). Never selected this since usually the cost of Shipping is more than the Item

Please upload your evidence: Take pictures of damaged Item or Screen shot of delivery to wrong address
You can always add more evidence later
Keep following up in you account (no more emails) once you file a dispute for message or dispute resolution. The seller has about 4 days to respond or automatic ends in your favor if no response from seller. The dispute message is sometimes in a obscure area that you may not see on the screen. So sign in to a computer, instead of using the apps on your mobile.

Item delivered to Wrong Address/Item not the same/Item damaged: File Dispute as soon as Tracking shows “Delivered”
Ordered Item Shipment returned to Seller: (System will only allow to File Dispute after 10 days from Seller’s date of Shipment)
You can "Open Dispute" 10 days after the seller ships your item(s). If you have any questions about the order, please contact the seller.

When filing for Refund due to Shipment cancelled by Seller: Similar seller message you to cancel due to “No Stock”. Select the most honest and factual reason. Seller will request you to select “Other” as the fault is now yours.
Apr 30, 2020
387 posts
332 upvotes
Don't buy anything worth more than 10$ on Aliexpress, there are ZERO guarantees no matter what is written on the sellers site. I am presently fighting a dispute with a seller who sold me a defected android stereo. On his site it clearly states 24 months warranty and a return policy if the item is defective. As soon as the seller noticed that my item was defective he blocked me hence I can no longer get in contact with him. I asked numerous times if I can return the goods willing to even pay for shipping, he completely ignored me then went on to block me. Aliexpress is low blowing me keeping me in an infinite loop of time wasting. They protect their sellers making sure you get ZERO money back no matter what.

I STRONGLY recommend avoiding Aliexpress, you're better buying from eBay using PayPal as a method of protection or Amazon. Might cost a little more but at least it's not gambling money.

I hope my credit card will help me out because Aliexpress is doing nothing but time wasting.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2224 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
astrotrain wrote: Was a long process to do a chargeback, what did they ask you to provide, how did you send them the proof? I figure this is my only option now, looks like Ali is default siding with the sellers during this virus mess up delivery phase.. needless to say no more taking a chance with buying anything from Ali going forwards..
Process literally took less than 10 minutes, Visa didn't require any proof. I told them the date, the amount and the reason for the chargeback. They said it would take a few days to see the chargeback, but literally the next day I saw the chargeback on my account.

I
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1097 posts
519 upvotes
6060842 wrote: I'm a bit confused about when I can open a dispute . My delivery date or "buyer protection" date keeps getting pushed back. The date is now 110 days after my purchase date which seems excessive, even under less than ideal conditions. I am hoping that someone with a better understanding of the refund process can help me out here. When should I open a dispute? Since I can only dispute once I don't want to jump the gun but also I don't want to become ineligible for a CC chargeback should it become necessary.
From my understanding, if the seller extended the protection period, you can't file a dispute. Even if you do, dispute team will just say your item is still in transit.

I have a few small items from March not arrived yet, hopefully will get them soon
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1634 posts
665 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: From my understanding, if the seller extended the protection period, you can't file a dispute. Even if you do, dispute team will just say your item is still in transit.

I have a few small items from March not arrived yet, hopefully will get them soon
I had an order that I ordered back in December. I waited about 3 months for it and even gave them the benefit of the doubt but still just as about the extended buyer protection was up I filed a dispute.. I had other stuff I ordered in February and came with a month. My item came 6 months after ordering,which was the longest I have ever waited for from aliexpress. Just wait and see. If it's more important that I get it soon I usually look for epacket options.