• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 1:15 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
240 posts
61 upvotes

Buying on Amazon pre Black Friday.

I know nothing about Amazon or Black Friday. I have to buy a book order of c. $250 worth of various books. Is there any possibility of a break on prices by wiating until Black Friday rather than ordering NOW?
Thanks.
I'm glad that I finally found the button.......
5 replies
Jun 22, 2009
506 posts
252 upvotes
Yea amazon has pretty much all the titles, but not the lowest price.
Have you thought visiting your local library site and just reserve the titles? You can borrow it and read it.
Alternative option
Sep 24, 2017
175 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
My experience is it was slightly more expensive to buy textbooks during the starting of the semester. They used to be cheaper at anytime; may be the publisher received complaints from the university bookstore.
Nov 20, 2017
17 posts
2 upvotes
Text book is not accepted by them due to copyright or some other weird regulations.

I was donating my $1700 worthy textbook to public library.
Been asked to take them back or library have to destroy them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6807 posts
1366 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
The best they can do is probably a blanket discount on books, but I don't recall seeing them doing so.

Also check other places like Indigo to see if they have it? Indigo seems to offer discounts more frequently. You can also get cashback from Rakuten and similar places.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4361 posts
2772 upvotes
SW ON
razorboy wrote: I know nothing about Amazon or Black Friday. I have to buy a book order of c. $250 worth of various books. Is there any possibility of a break on prices by wiating until Black Friday rather than ordering NOW?
Thanks.
Install the keepa plugin and see if the price of what you are looking for dropped last BF. I doubt there are sales on books on BF.