• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 11:22 am
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6269 posts
6564 upvotes
GTA
Matt7k wrote: Is there a good way to get items off the US site?

Specifically I'm looking at this Chromebook, which is on sale, but not even available in Canada. (2020 version CP713-2wn)
I'd drive, but the borders are closed.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-chrom ... Id=6416477
If you don't have an Amerifriend that can ship it to you (since borders are *sort of* closed to Americans), look up an American delivery service. That used to be a thing at least. Obviously consider how much it would cost after exchange delivery etc. Personally I don't have one to recommend, sorry.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3750 posts
2431 upvotes
London
best buy refuses to ship to any shipping forwarders. the only way to do it is if u have a family member u can have it shipped to who can reship it to u.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10863 posts
2696 upvotes
Victoria
canadianguy_001 wrote: I have heard about this service but I have never used it. Could be worth a shot https://www.myus.com/how-myus-works/
I don't think it'll work. As per the poster above yours, Best Buy blocks the address of companies who forward mail to other countries. I have no idea why. You'd think they'd turn a blind eye to the extra sales.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6269 posts
6564 upvotes
GTA
zod wrote: I don't think it'll work. As per the poster above yours, Best Buy blocks the address of companies who forward mail to other countries. I have no idea why. You'd think they'd turn a blind eye to the extra sales.
My only thought is related to Free Trade/NAFTA/USCanMex or whatever Trump called it now. Free Trade in theory but not so much when considering exchange rate and other possible hidden costs we don't hear about. Also to a limited degree warranty issues. Although they should be returnable to any North American repair centre, sometimes companies have a sticky policy that doesn't make them as cut and dry as we would assume. Best example I can think of is Dell. You'd think an Inspiron is an Inspiron, but if you try to get one repaired Dell is so fussy with who bought it originally, how you got it now, and which country it was from. They prefer it repaired in country of origin.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1384 posts
1020 upvotes
Québec
BernardRyder wrote: My only thought is related to Free Trade/NAFTA/USCanMex or whatever Trump called it now. Free Trade in theory but not so much when considering exchange rate and other possible hidden costs we don't hear about. Also to a limited degree warranty issues. Although they should be returnable to any North American repair centre, sometimes companies have a sticky policy that doesn't make them as cut and dry as we would assume. Best example I can think of is Dell. You'd think an Inspiron is an Inspiron, but if you try to get one repaired Dell is so fussy with who bought it originally, how you got it now, and which country it was from. They prefer it repaired in country of origin.
??

Free trade only apply to products made in the USA, you can buy all the electronic made in the usa you want :)