• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 7:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
9 posts
8 upvotes

Buying a condo remotely?

Looking to buy a condo for my elderly parents. I'm an ex-pat born and raised in TO and North York but haven't been back in 20 years. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, I'm unable to return to Toronto and spend 2 weeks in quarantine before viewing properties.

Anyone with experience buying a condo site unseen? How do you find a trustworthy realtor without face-to-face interactions?

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2826 posts
1825 upvotes
Moon
14 years with less than 10 posts wow. lol

I would just buy something new if you're really worried. Being away for 20 years i presume you dont know any good RE agents personally.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6676 posts
4582 upvotes
Toronto
innuen6o wrote: Looking to buy a condo for my elderly parents. I'm an ex-pat born and raised in TO and North York but haven't been back in 20 years. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, I'm unable to return to Toronto and spend 2 weeks in quarantine before viewing properties.

Anyone with experience buying a condo site unseen? How do you find a trustworthy realtor without face-to-face interactions?

Thanks!
resale?

a lot of listings now have some sort of virtual tour. i've had clients buy units site unseen. people buy precon based on floor plans all the time. so in fact it is very common when you look at it that way.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3032 posts
1723 upvotes
Ottawa
A showing by Skype is pretty instructive especially if you have high res photos and the floor plan. I don't think it is that hard to find someone you can trust. Realtor's work on referral and if you work with someone as a buyer they will tell you about wear and tear you can't see on video or a weird smell or a new project blocking the view. That is their job. Ask your friends for a referral.