Automotive

Buying experience of OEM parts from Amayama?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2022 8:16 am
[OP]
Sep 15, 2018
300 posts
233 upvotes
Ottawa

Buying experience of OEM parts from Amayama?

I'm trying to source some Honda suspension parts. The dealer wants $130 for a stabilizer linkage and $160 for a lower ball joint (+ tax).
Amayama price is more than half of that with only $34 shipping. Does anyone here have good experience buying from them? Or should I go aftermarket for those items?
Last edited by peepthetoad on Dec 21st, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1243 posts
373 upvotes
North York
Yeah I bought quite a number of hard to find toyota parts from them, didn't have any issue. Their pricing was very transparent and since I had a few different parts I was looking for I had a bit of a time trying to find parts from the same warehouse so as not to incur multiple shipping costs
[OP]
Sep 15, 2018
300 posts
233 upvotes
Ottawa
darkz wrote: Yeah I bought quite a number of hard to find toyota parts from them, didn't have any issue. Their pricing was very transparent and since I had a few different parts I was looking for I had a bit of a time trying to find parts from the same warehouse so as not to incur multiple shipping costs
I searched but almost no one talks about them here on rfd. I find they have the best price on oem parts (at least for Honda)
What is the value of your order? Do you get hit with custom?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1243 posts
373 upvotes
North York
peepthetoad wrote: I searched but almost no one talks about them here on rfd. I find they have the best price on oem parts (at least for Honda)
What is the value of your order? Do you get hit with custom?
My order was over 500 including shipping and I can't remember if I got hit with customs as it was a few years ago. I think I did, but can't confirm.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3182 posts
1530 upvotes
Why did somebody downvote this thread? I think it’s very helpful for more ppl to know and give reviews about online stores
Aug 6, 2017
891 posts
1545 upvotes
CensoredByRFD wrote: Why did somebody downvote this thread? I think it’s very helpful for more ppl to know and give reviews about online stores
There's always some idiot who does that.

Anyway, I tried ordering there. The parts itself is a good price but then the shipping was adjusted and it ended up double the amount which kinda pissed me off. When you order stuff, you can't pay right away, someone has to review it before you pay the "final price".