[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1725 posts
524 upvotes
Edmonton

Buying an iPhone through Perkopolis

Hi,

I was looking to upgrade to whatever the 6.7" iPhone 12 Pro series is called this year.

My question is: can I pre-order newly released iPhones through the Perkopolis Apple Store immediately? Or is there a waiting period for the Perkopolis discount? I was reading a AirPods Pro Perkopolis thread and people have stated it wasn't in the Perkopolis employee discount Apple Store until March.

For the iPhone 11 Pro right now, I see it's only a $30 difference so it's not like the Perkopolis discount is substantial.
5 replies
Sep 9, 2005
812 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Perkopolis is essentially the same as the workplace Apple EPP's. They usually don't offer any discount on newly released items. How long it will be before they offer a discount is dependent on supply and popularity of a particular item. You won't get a discount on a new iPhone for at least a few weeks after release.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1725 posts
524 upvotes
Edmonton
Salinger wrote: Perkopolis is essentially the same as the workplace Apple EPP's. They usually don't offer any discount on newly released items. How long it will be before they offer a discount is dependent on supply and popularity of a particular item. You won't get a discount on a new iPhone for at least a few weeks after release.
Thank you. Do you know if it’s the same for Telus EPP? I see Telus EPP has like $300 off iPhones right now.
Sep 9, 2005
812 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Do you mean the Telus EPP plans where you sign up for a plan + phone? If so, then those are also rarely discounted early on for iPhones. You usually see discounts on iPhones about half way through their life cycle. Anything is possible but iPhones aren't discounted the same way Samsung phones are. And it's usually only the payments that are discounted, the retail price remains high so if you end your term early, you'll end up having to pay back quite a bit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1725 posts
524 upvotes
Edmonton
Salinger wrote: Do you mean the Telus EPP plans where you sign up for a plan + phone? If so, then those are also rarely discounted early on for iPhones. You usually see discounts on iPhones about half way through their life cycle. Anything is possible but iPhones aren't discounted the same way Samsung phones are. And it's usually only the payments that are discounted, the retail price remains high so if you end your term early, you'll end up having to pay back quite a bit.
Ahh I see. If that’s the case then I’ll just preorder at MSRP from Apple Store.

I was planning on switching from Koodo to Telus for the 5G. Telus EPP sales line told me I’m eligible for discounts through my employer. I contacted my employer’s corporate HR and they told me to go through Perkopolis. I check Perkopolis and email them, only Rogers is available for EPP discounts. Rogers doesn’t have 5G in Edmonton yet. The signup process seems complicated so I might just join my dad’s Telus plan...
Sep 9, 2005
812 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
You never know, your EPP plan may have some sort of hardware discount, not specific to the iPhone. My Rogers EPP used to have a $300 bill credit when you upgraded regardless of the phone you bought. I don't think they do that any more. You will have a week from the time the phone is announced to the time you can pre-order. You should be able to ask some questions in that time frame to figure out the best deal. They probably won't commit to any pricing until after the announcement.