• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 2:14 am
[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
215 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Buying large TVs from Amazon and/or Best Buy

A new 65" set just won't fit in my vehicle...

Has anyone ordered a large set from Amazon? How was the delivery (and return, if applicable)?

I also see that Best Buy sometimes offers free shipping on large TVs, but wondering how long you typically have to wait and what their delivery and return service is like. Thanks!
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8545 posts
2320 upvotes
Mississauga
NorthYorkEd wrote: A new 65" set just won't fit in my vehicle...

Has anyone ordered a large set from Amazon? How was the delivery (and return, if applicable)?

I also see that Best Buy sometimes offers free shipping on large TVs, but wondering how long you typically have to wait and what their delivery and return service is like. Thanks!
I have never ordered a tv from amazon or best buy but did buy a 55 inch tv from best buy and got a minivan taxi to take it home.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3843 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
exsiccation wrote: I bought a TV from Amazon over Black Friday. Took about 2 days to arrive after purchase. The delivery guys showed up at my apartment door, knocked, set the box down and were out in less than 10 seconds. I didn't get any kind of help with setting it up, but it arrived with no damage and I can't really complain about how quickly and smoothly it went.

So, no complaint with Amazon. However, I was never offered the option for them to help with installation or setup, so if you so want the white glove treatment, then Best Buy may be the better choice.
All TV delivery are drive way unless you pay extra (if they offer it) to bring it inside. That said, I really hate the idea of drop and dash instead of at least confirming the owner is home. Imagine it being left outside all day due to the owner being at work. It’s a bit better for you since you live in an apartment (tho still not 100% safe). The claim process will be a pain given this isn’t a small purchase (I.e. amazon likely will require a police report).

As far as return goes, if there is a chance you are returning, Best Buy is probably a better bet. Amazon will charge for return shipping unless it’s defective.