• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 1:31 am
[OP]
May 5, 2015
402 posts
302 upvotes
GVA

Buying Micro Sd from Aliexpress

Anyone have exprience with purchasing name brand Micro Sd's from Aliexpress. I mean not all of them can be fake right?

I'm looking at this 256gb Lexar 667x to replace a Lexar 633x that just crapped out. -- I know....I know --
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299435 ... 92L04&mp=1

The store has 99.1% Positive Feedback and the reviews on the card are 99% positive, with no reviews claiming that it is fake.
So what do you guys think?

It was either this or Patriot 256GB EP card from Memory Express Pm with Amazon.ca.
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX73347

Just wanted the Lexar cause it was A2 rated and thats what I will be using it for.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2010 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
Better off buying from a reputable seller. Do you really want to gamble and risk getting a fake card. Reviews, usernames, quality, brands all that can be easily faked. I stay away from shady sites like that.

Even ebay getting on my nerves lately with shady/fake GPU's.
[OP]
May 5, 2015
402 posts
302 upvotes
GVA
heyyahblah wrote: Better off buying from a reputable seller. Do you really want to gamble and risk getting a fake card. Reviews, usernames, quality, brands all that can be easily faked. I stay away from shady sites like that.

Thanks for the advice bud. Just had another adata micro sd crap out yesterday night, I'll take that as a sign. Think I'll stick with the SanDisk from Costco. I think I can return it to them anytime based on their satifaction guarantee
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2010 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
LikeSpeed wrote: Thanks for the advice bud. Just had another adata micro sd crap out yesterday night, I'll take that as a sign. Think I'll stick with the SanDisk from Costco. I think I can return it to them anytime based on their satifaction guarantee
Sandisks still makes microSD and Pendrives for Costco? I wasn't aware. Haven't been to Costco in a minute, nor paid attention to their electronics section. I thought Sandisk was bought out by WD and they didn't make flash memory anymore.

If you have a membership, might as well buy from them and take advantage of their liberal return policy.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2538 posts
402 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
heyyahblah wrote: Better off buying from a reputable seller. Do you really want to gamble and risk getting a fake card. Reviews, usernames, quality, brands all that can be easily faked. I stay away from shady sites like that.

100% agree with not buying something like this off AE. However, there are a lot of good deals to be had from there. I wouldn't say it's a 'shady site' just needs to be weeded through for the shady sellers. Like eBay, Amazon etc.
Banned
Apr 3, 2019
1 posts
Good morning all,
  I am in Montreal,

Can you recommend a place to buy a good micro SD card that is not counterfeit and that is good for applications on my cell and affordable?

Whether in store or online ...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2010 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
cyphon21 wrote: 100% agree with not buying something like this off AE. However, there are a lot of good deals to be had from there. I wouldn't say it's a 'shady site' just needs to be weeded through for the shady sellers. Like eBay, Amazon etc.
The only problem I have with AliExpress is it's "so called" all based in China or HK. eBay and Amazon are easier to weed through because if you know what you're looking for you can compare prices (legit vs fake), user ratings, choose not order or buy things from certain countries, etc. I think eBay and Amazon, they try to keep the fraud level low on the user base side. Mind you there are scams everywhere you just have to be careful, but better chances of getting something decent on those sites.

I find that with AE its completely different. No idea who the hell is communicating to you on the other side, (usually in broken English), if the reputation is real or fake, usernames if are real or fake, its so hard to weed out the shady crap from AE since like I mentioned 100% of the items come from China/HK.

Case in point, I once ordered an item from AE, (replacement buttons), the user had high enough positive rep. It was like 1.5K or something like that, so I was like seems pretty decent. Item I was buying was cheap $8 USD so it didn't matter. They had an option for free shipping 1(5-58 days) or express international shipping for $3 USD more (incl tracking), I said why not. I want this item fast so I'll pay the $3 for express international shipping. The seller said he was based in HK and the item would be shipping from HK.

After I placed the order, a few days later I got confirmation that shipping label was created from some HK warehouse, item was being processed from some HK warehouse, and finally last message I got was item is being sorted at HK International Airport (HKG), so I was like sweet. My item was the size of a letter and weighed less then 400g (0.4kg) and I was thinking it was coming airmail from HK, probably stop over at GVR and then finally to me. Yea right ...

After the process there was no shipping updates for absolutely 2 weeks. Contacted the seller and he said its probably stuck at Customs. I'm like I should get an update if its being sorted airmail at GVR (Vancouver) and its been 2 1/2 weeks. Another 2-3 weeks go by and nothing, no order update, no shipping update, nothing. At this point I was giving it I was like "dude I paid $3 for express international, you agreed, its the size of a letter where is it? I didn't ask for "free shipping" kept on getting the run-around until I opened a dispute explained everything with AE saying I paid for express shipping, it was never updated past HK airport, etc. They sided with me and I got refunded, and left him s**t feedback. That took another week. Mind you at this point I'm furious because this is already 6 1/2 weeks in. Say 45 days give or take.

Mind you I could have bought the same item from eBay at a cost of $29 USD + shipping from US. But I thought, hey HK for $8+3 shipping is a better deal I'm not gonna pay 3-4x the amount to get it from USA. So after this is all said and done I'm like I'm gonna need a break and see if I can find it maybe for cheaper on eBay or somewhere else.

Another week goes by and guess what? I get a small letter package in the mail. With a computerized printed shipping label + bar code, with postage totaling .50 cents CAD. (Remember I was being charged $3 USD for express) and this label said .50 cents CAD postage paid. The item was there with declared value of $1 CAD instead of $8 USD, the weight was listed at get this 40kg (40,000g) yes 40K grams not 400 grams, and here is the best part guess where it came from? HK? (nope) China? (nope) Thailand

So not only were his shipping label emails phony, the item didn't even originate from HK because there were no stamps or marks on it anywhere that it even originated from HK. Country of origin was listed as Thailand according to Canada Customs. Oh and it wasn't even opened, it didn't look tampered with or anything. I did get my free "item" from AE, but it took a dispute and 75 days for it to arrive.

Sorry for the novel, but needless to say, I deleted my AE account and never using their crap again, and if I do, I definitely am not shipping anything to my address. I'll send it to a P.O. BOX, but that won't be necessary as I'm never using them again. AE = TRASH
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16087 posts
4583 upvotes
Markham
I bought it twice
1st was Samsung 128GB (no problem)
2nd was 256gb Lexar High Performange 633x ( no problem also)

I check the reviews . people posted crystaldisk speed test and H2testw to show full writable capacity.
if both looks good, then I buy it.

that store you post link for 256gb Lexar 667x, looks fine to me, I see both crystaldisk speed test and H2testw
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
May 5, 2015
402 posts
302 upvotes
GVA
heyyahblah wrote: Sandisks still makes microSD and Pendrives for Costco? I wasn't aware. Haven't been to Costco in a minute, nor paid attention to their electronics section. I thought Sandisk was bought out by WD and they didn't make flash memory anymore.

If you have a membership, might as well buy from them and take advantage of their liberal return policy.
Yep still available here I was looking at the Lexar drive only casue it was v30 and A2 rated. But to think about it it for my cheap travel phone that probably wouldn't be able to put all that speed to good useSmiling Face With Open Mouth