Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver

Buying non NA games?

Hello. I own a PS4 and Xbox one with Canadian accounts. I want to purchase a game that’s not available in our region (2020 Tokyo Olympics PS4) as I haven’t seen it for the Xbox one.

How do buy and play on my PS4? Can I somehow buy it digitally? I did see HK region had it digitally.

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2666 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto
Just make a Hong Kong PSN account and buy Hong Kong region PSN cards from playasia.com. They'll send you the download code within 30 minutes and you can purchase your game thru PSN. Problem solved.

You're screwed with Xbox. I think it's region locked with Xbox.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah. Thanks. I found that. But I can only use gift cards which will be ok. I don’t like how play Asia asks for a telephone number but I might have to.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2666 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Yeah. Thanks. I found that. But I can only use gift cards which will be ok. I don’t like how play Asia asks for a telephone number but I might have to.

That's only if they're sending merchant by mail. But in this case, they're just sending codes by email.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm but pretty sure it asked for telephone to verify? I’ll have a look again. Maybe I need to look closer.

Verified mobile phone number is required for select orders depending on payment methods.

It won’t let me past this for digital cards.

Maybe I’ll try PayPal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)