• May 10th, 2019 9:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
158 upvotes

Buying a SSD for a Tiny

Please don't flame me for this one.

I am buying a Tiny computer - and want to swap out the SSD. I presume I can go to the YouTube to see how to do this.

Do I have to match a particular SSD to a particular computer, or do they fit any?

If I buy an SSD eg. 512GB does this replace the normal hard drive?

I know these are dumb questions - anyone who can advise; most grateful.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2017
1276 posts
147 upvotes
In general yes but some tiny systems have stuff soldiered to the board that makes it difficult to upgrade. need more info on the computer in question.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33333 posts
7021 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
starlamp wrote: Do I have to match a particular SSD to a particular computer, or do they fit any?
Short answer is yes. You need to match the form factor for your computer
[OP]
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
158 upvotes
Thanks Guys. Thinking of a Thinkcenter M93/73 something like that. I'll ask Lenovo.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18828 posts
2102 upvotes
I have a Tiny. Super easy to upgrade.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jan 12, 2017
529 posts
189 upvotes
starlamp wrote: I presume I can go to the YouTube to see how to do this.
Why presume, go to Youtube and get educated first, then ask questions.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18905 posts
27210 upvotes
ONTARIO
I was thinking about getting a tiny PC myself. Not to use as my main PC, but something small and dedicated to running my usenet setup 24/7 (sabnzbd/sonarr/radarr/plex media server, etc).
I was thinking about the Lenovo M720q myself. It's another tiny model they sell but seems more current. Comes with nvme and also a 2.5" drive slot as well.
Definitely want something with nvme m.2 slot as they are easily the fastest SSDs out there.

If you're going for a m93p, i believe those only take a single 2.5" drive, right? So yeah an SSD upgrade would be as simple as purchasing another 2.5" ssd drive. Then you could just use any hard drive cloning software to clone your current one to the larger one.