Buying Toyota RAV4 with incentives

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 1:52 pm
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK

Buying Toyota RAV4 with incentives

Hi, I have to buy Toyota RAV4-XLE in 1st week of October. This is the end of year. What type of incentives/deal can get from dealer in this ending year. I just want to know before buying because if I don't know then they will not offer much.

Is Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Toyota RAV4 Premium both are same RAV4?
Last edited by shakilhyd on Aug 20th, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1174 posts
1556 upvotes
Calgary
Probably nothing, haven’t you heard of the supply shortages?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Are you looking for the hybrid or gas? Don’t know about the gas but the hybrids are scarce. Had a tough time to even locate one for a test drive last week. After my test drive, the salesman did say that if I’m interested, he can work out a deal for me…lol. I’m sure that “deal” if any would have been peanuts.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Mar 27, 2021
389 posts
475 upvotes
Terrible year to buy a car, expect to pay full price IF you're lucky to even have a car available in the colour and trim you want.

Other compact SUVs that aren't selling as well have better incentives
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK
Holystone wrote: Are you looking for the hybrid or gas? Don’t know about the gas but the hybrids are scarce. Had a tough time to even locate one for a test drive last week. After my test drive, the salesman did say that if I’m interested, he can work out a deal for me…lol. I’m sure that “deal” if any would have been peanuts.
I am looking for the gas
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
shakilhyd wrote: I am looking for the gas
For gas you might have better luck if dealerships have unsold stock. Randomly I picked up Woodbridge Toyota and they seem to have a few XLE in stock and also giving away a free $500 gas card.
Feb 27, 2007
667 posts
558 upvotes
Local Toyota dealership doesn't have a single RAV4 on the lot even though the sales manager told me they make up around half of their sales. Work backwards from there.
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
There is no way to know the incentives in advance.

Dealerships get that information at the last minute, and it is treated as confidential. Knowing the incentives in advance would "move the market" (example, the consumers would wait for the big sale).

For example, no one knows the September incentives or financing rates (as of today Aug. 20). Much less October...
13083 upvotes
shakilhyd wrote: Hi, I have to buy Toyota RAV4-XLE in 1st week of October. This is the end of year. What type of incentives/deal can get from dealer in this ending year. I just want to know before buying because if I don't know then they will not offer much.

Is Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Toyota RAV4 Premium both are same RAV4?
End of the year for 2021 is Dec. End of model year is Jun/July 2022. Oct has never been known as an heavy incentive month unless for left over stock for 2021 models which for this year, it's quite rare.

Your awfully specific time needing a car means you should start shopping now and have incoming ones locked in if it's not on the lot. My cousin just bought a Venza but for the trim and color he wanted, he's looking at 2 weeks out.

The only savior is you are looking at a gas one which may have more chance of getting one.

Unhaggle is your friend. But if manufacturer is keeping borrowing rate at 3%+, the don't have problem moving the products.
Aug 19, 2021
73 posts
68 upvotes
I m in the same boat my ac broke in my old car and I need to buy either a new one or 2016/7/8 model . What would you suggest.
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK
Is better to buy RAV4 Hybrid or Premium (Gas)?
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1750 upvotes
Clarington, ON
shakilhyd wrote: Is better to buy RAV4 Hybrid or Premium (Gas)?
Whichever you can find in stock or oder with delivery that fits your schedule if you intend to not walk or take the bus.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12887 posts
13083 upvotes
RAV4 Hybrid a tiny bit peppier car than RAV4 gas. But again, unless your deadline is more flexible, you don't have much choices here. It's whatever you can get your hands on.

All hybrid are hard to come by.

And Premium is top trim gas only. There is no Premium trim in Hybrid.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
I’m pretty sure that you asked this very question here several months back. If you’ve been unable to decide during all these months then maybe flip a coin? Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)