Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 4:52 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 29, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
Yes, DO NOT BUY FROM BUY TOPIA !!!!. I have the same experienced I purchased a voucher 2 months ago. I can't processed the voucher so I called them and they said they will contact GREAT BUY ONLINE that offering the deal. I received a confirmation saying it was processed and will take 2-3 weeks for delivery. But, it's been 8 weeks now and I haven't get my order. I called buy topia to asked my refund , they offered me a discount deal but I refused for I don't want to purchase anything from them. They promised me to refund my money and every time I will call they said it's been processed but if I checked with my bank account there's no refund. The customer service is horrible too specially the lady ... she is not reliable but if you spoke with a gentleman he addressed your concern. Just piece of advice if you want to save your money and time and to avoid stress in asking for refund DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM BUYTOPIA.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1190 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
it's been two month since I placed an order for Ice watches through Buytopia / HotDeallio and i have not received the watches. They keep on giving me excuses and are unable to send me a tracking number !!! this is my second time buying a deal from them and both times I had major issues (I know I should have learned my lesson the first time) ... My advise: STAY AWAY FROM ANY BUYTOPIA DEALS !!!
Nov 3, 2010
1 posts
I've bought two coupons from Buytopia. No problem with one, got to try a good new restaurant. The other one was for a hair salon; when I tried to use it the company hung up on me even though the expiry had not yet arrived. I called Buytopia and was promptly credited for the money I spent. I am still satisfied with Buytopia, but I think I'm going to think twice about buying coupons for companies that are not well established. If something sounds too good to be true...
Sep 18, 2012
1 posts
It's buyer beware for these services. I bought a cleaning voucher from Buytopia for 4 hours of cleaning from Capital House and Carpet Cleaning. I wanted to book an appointment and when I called the number listed on their website, it was just music on the other end. So I thought I would visit their office in Vancouver. When we looked up the address, it was for the Vancouver City Hall! This already aroused my suspicion. It was beginning to look like a con job.

I tried booking for an appointment online and they only have a wait list. The earliest date on the list was for October 9. So I signed up for towards the end of October. So far, I have not received any confirmation of my schedule. Why would there be a wait list for a service booked a month ahead? This company, Capital House and Carpet Cleaning, has many deals on various sites in many cities around Canada.It was either they overbooked seriously or the company does not exist.

I sent an email from their support to demand a refund but I have not received any reply. So I called Buytopia this morning and demanded a refund and told them that the company's address was fake. The person said that Buytopia placed that address because the Capital Cleaning has no Vancouver address. I told them that was wrong and was misleading.

The person said I will receive a refund in five days. If the refund does not come within 5 days, i will dispute the charges.

The lesson is: do not sign up for house cleaning services online. Many of them cannot deliver or they become extinct before you can use their service. My daughter bought two vouchers for house cleaning and the company closed business before she could use them (or maybe did not exist at all, who knows?)
May 14, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
It has been 4 MONTHS !! since I placed an order for raspberry ketones through Buytopa and I still haven't received my order. They kept giving me excuses (e.g. supplier on back order ,etc etc) and each time promised the shipment would be on its way in the next week or two. It never happened !! Last time I called I asked for a refund and they wouldn't budge, still stressing the shipment was coming. I am so frustrated. 4 months of non-delivery and still wouldn't refund my money? What kind of business are they running? BAD BAD BUYTOPIA.
Oct 18, 2012
2 posts
BUYOPIA IS THE WORST PLACE TO BUY ANYTHING. I ordered KEYTONEs in July - but didn't followed through with redeeming because there was no other information, after they took my money to say. There was only a confirmation order which I thought was the actual CONFIRMATION. What they should say after taking your money is...'YOU MUST GO TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO REDEEM PURCHASE OTHERWISE ORDER WILL NOT BE VALID/OR COMPLETE. NOTHING TO THAT EFFECT. However I did email them in September with no REPLY. I then called them..and the stupid customer service rep who knew nothing, told me my product will be delivered "next week". Still waiting for it....I call them in October,.....Yes, October and they tell me it's my problem because I did not redeem purchase. How can they say this when 1) They never responded to my first email stating I'm still waiting for product and 2) the stupid girl said it's being mailed out. They want to give me a credit, which I refused seeing their service is something to be REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT. They record nothing when u call them. If u don't know the name of the person you spoke to ....u are outta luck. They have no notes in my file about my first phone call. I will not let go until I get a full refund.
Oct 16, 2006
636 posts
90 upvotes
hamilton, on
After having an extremely exhausting fight with Buytopia and not getting anywhere and speaking with the Manager Mike E. I feel that other consumers should we warned of Buytopia. For anyone on Facebook....I have developed a Facebook Page dedicated to people reporting issues with Buytopia. I'm hoping it will help warn consumers as well as help those who have fallen victim to Buytopia to find others who may have purchased the same deal and garner some support in their fight.

Here is the link: www.facebook.com/BuytopiaIsUnethical
Nov 10, 2012
1 posts
They are the worst. I saw this deal

$15 for 2 High Quality Fishing Lures, 2 Fish Alert Floats, 5 Hooks with Foot Long Wire, and a Shining Steel Spinner Bait OR 8 Bag Notilucent Worm Bait and 4 Super Soft Lures

on the 2nd of August. Immediately went to their site and bought 2. Rapidly i received a Purchase confirmation on the 3rd, I was told to wait at the most a month to get my product. I never got it. Called buytopia couple of times, I was told to contact the seller myself, they wouldn't do that for me...how's that? Weren't they responsible for the people who uses their name to sell their products. I asked for my money back.

Buytopia never gave me my money back.

I also called the seller directly with no luck, so i was there, losing my patience, my money (gratefully it was only 30$ not much uhmm, but is anybody just going to give you 30$ when you ask for...uhmm doubt it not everybody right?....)

so i just want to strongly advice you against any purchase from this site, not at all recommended.

Thanks.
Oct 31, 2002
280 posts
16 upvotes
DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA !!!!

They covered the shipping fees from the deal I bought yesterday. $15 for the product but then you go through this "claim coupon" process. Guess what, they can charge you again here for shipping. Total BS way of adding hidden fees.

To conclude........ DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA !!!!
Nov 16, 2012
3 posts
HAMILTON
I bought a voucher last year with Buytopia for Pain Free Laser. That business closed down and they (buytopia) are saying I'll get a credit to my account. I informed that that I filed a complaint with the BBB because I was not able to get service. It was difficult to book anything and I figured I'd wait and then I learned they were out of business. If the BBB can't get me a refund, then I will try this method and be persistent. I will never use they groupon type companies again. They are all scams and not worth it.
Nov 16, 2012
3 posts
HAMILTON
I was told by them on Wednesday that I am getting a refund for the above voucher as I complained to the BBB and hopefully I'll get the cheque in the mail within 2 weeks. I'll keep people posted. I totally think this is one corrupt business
Dec 28, 2012
3 posts
TORONTO
I regretted to have bought a voucher from Buytopia. DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA! Not only all their vouchers are crap, most of them are misleading! Be careful on those vouchers! They're not real. It's a waste of money & time! DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA!
Dec 28, 2012
1 posts
Hi guys! Just wanted to tell you that I have met the Buytopia founders in person and they basically don't give a F... about ANYONE including the customers!! I just made this account so that I can share all my experience working with these Group-buying websites! I have almost worked with all of them so ask me anything is you want!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9813 posts
1286 upvotes
GTA
I had an ongoing boycott with Buytopia but I decided to give them another chance as there was a restaurant on there that I wanted to try yesterday... I had resisted previous deals because I figured it wasn't worth dealing with them but I figured since Buytopia didn't actually ever screw me over personally that I would give them a chance.

Well, they had a promo code on their website, save 10% off anything on the site. The 10% off code didn't even work! I decided to buy anyway and figured I would call them this morning to get it sorted out. Well, all of their "options" just get sent to a general delivery voicemail message! I e-mailed them about the 10% off this morning, lets see if they respond at all. I will update the thread.
Jul 15, 2006
134 posts
33 upvotes
I have only bought once with Buytopia, but it was a good experience. I bought one of the diaper deals they have with well.ca ($30 for big box of diapers and $20 well.ca gift card - I bought similar deals from WagJag and TeamBuy).

I got the voucher almost immediately after I purchased it (althogh the deal had not closed yet). Entered the voucher code on well.ca right away, and got my diapers/gift card the next day. Definitely no complaints!

They also seem fairly responsive in social media. I guess like with all deal sites, be careful what you order. As an example, spa services bought through group deals with any deal site never seem to work out too well for most people.
Jan 5, 2013
1 posts
VANCOUVER
I totally agree. I've recently bought something from buytopia, which turned out to be a disaster and when I called them - I was given terrible/rude customer service. They were not at all helpful. I also bought something else from them on the same day I bought my first item for a gift (shellac nails kit) and its been over a month And I still have not recoved it. They just said it was on its way but they don't know when....

I now have $40 credit from them after having to wait on the phone for 20 minutes and nurmerous emails - which I have to use. Otherwise DO NOT PURCHASE anything from them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9813 posts
1286 upvotes
GTA
Latest Buytopia scam...Not honouring credits of a company they took over

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/buytopia ... st16596603
I actually bought a deal from them recently, figuring I would give them another chance since it had been a while. I am back to boycotting them no matter what.
May 7, 2013
1 posts
I agree do not buy anything from Buytopia. I followed up immediately with Butcher issue and was told that the reimbursement was coming and hold on, I have numerous email documentation and who I spoke to and when over the phone. Nothing was reimbursed the final comment I got was we are in litigation's and have to wait. That's not my issue that's a Buytopia issue. I bought the voucher from Buytopia, and Buytopia received their portion of the money and I want my money back. I cannot believe this company is still around they are nothing but a scam, helping other corrupted companies scam people as well. They sell vouchers for companies that close down within months, the Butcher shop isn't the only case, yet nothing can be done about shutting them down? I've tried everything about getting my refund and I still don't have it.
Nov 11, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
Just bought Thai One On $15 for $30 worth of food.
Thai One On menu shows item for $13, they say because of coupon, I must pay $16.
With excess charges for other menu items, my $34 dinner is now $46.
Do not buy Thai One On.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)