Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 4:52 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 18, 2016
1 posts
1 upvote
I bought a pair for me and my fiance for his birthday. I got a email PDF ticket when we got to the game that ticket had already been scanned and we were rejected at the door. The tickets were originally issues to etoronto tickets. This vendor only does one thing and they don't use ticket masters ticket transfer feature that they came up with to stop people from getting ripped off like this. I called buytopia to get a refund and they had claimed that they had evidence that the ticket was not scanned twice. However I called the ACC fan services and they supplied me with proof of te time it was originally scanned and the subsequent time we were rejected. I forwarded this email to buytopia and they have stopped replying to me and deleted my previous comments warning people about these tickets. Buytopia is a terrible retailer that does not own up to their mistakes. I have been trying for weeks to get my refund and they just keep making excuses and are now ignoring me.
Aug 28, 2014
47 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I bought some bracelets on their promotion last month for my family. After added some of them to the cart, I realized they didn't stack and the shipping fee was multiplied many times. The website is really shady, It is designed so you have to enter your credit card info right on the "add to cart" page. After the items were added, there was no way to remove them out of the cart. Immediately after that, I called their Customer service number to cancel my order. The girl then said she already canceled it for me. Then the next day, i still received the order confirmation in the mail, and got charge. Until now still haven't received anything from them
Apr 5, 2016
1 posts
1 upvote
I had purchase a ring off Buytopia on January 22 2016 and they said it would only take 4 weeks for shipping it is now April 6 2016 and I still have not received my package I had emailed them and they didnt reply untill 2 weeks later they say they started a shipping investigation for my order and had notified the supplier that if there is no resolution within 5 business
days that the product must be reshipped to me. They had told me I would get my new package before March 28 and what do you know I still haven't received it and ofcourse they don't answer their emails .... Never purchase nothing from this company because you will not receive it nor get your money back I've been asking for the full refund and still nothing ... This company should be shut down their scamming everyone for their money .... VERY DISSAPOINTED -____- ......
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4472 posts
1149 upvotes
Hamilton
mbna $100 amazon voucher after I was approved.
Haven't gotten it. Obviously will never get it.

There must be SOME way to shut these scam artists down??????? They keep the profit and my amazon card?????? F that.
I'm willing to get a lawyer if I can win 100%. Any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1248 posts
113 upvotes
Ontario
I stopped buying from Buytopia in 2013 after they charged my credit card without issuing vouchers to my account during a Yogurty's promotion. I asked them if they could issue the vouchers, which they said they couldn't because they were have system issues but acknowledged they charged my credit card. They ending up giving my money back after a two months of constant follow up. It was mess.

Never buy tickets from ETickets Toronto, which is a just a sketchy apartment on St. Patrick St. run buy an individual. If I buy discounted concert tickets, it's always through Groupon - which issues legit tickets.
May 10, 2016
2 posts
I had a very dissapointing experience with customer service.
I had told them booking my snowmobiling trip was very hard. I called the company numerous times. And finally when i did book the weather changed and there wasnt any snow. So we had to book again.
Finally the day arrives and we are met with that the company doesnt provide insurance. In the event that something happenned to the snowmobile we can get charged up to 5000 for damages.
It was a big risk and we opted out and truly sad. Was looking forward to this adventurw.
I called buytopia and explained the situation and they would not refund our money back. And it just turned me off that all their purchases would be the same. I no longer buy from them and stick to my groupon. They do refund btw.
Jul 29, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Same old story. I bought a limo servive from Toronto to the Airport. tried booking according to Buytopia's instructions. Tried calling numbers published by Buytopia. No response. Buytopia's own site shows others complaining of the same thing yet they are still selling this service. Sent two emails to Buytpoia. No response. Will go to small claims court. In comparison i also notified Groupon that a business may have went out of business. I received a refund in Groupon bucks within three hours.

Don't use Buytopia.
Jun 29, 2016
1 posts
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Shady, lying, misleading and downright don't care.

I placed an order which was never received.
I emailed regarding this purchase on February 15, I was emailed back 1 MONTH later with the excuse of some disorganization on their part (email was put it in the wrong folder)
Then I was told that the items had been delivered, which they were not, and I had let CHRIS now through email. No follow up.
I had to email AGAIN on March 31 requesting an update.
I was emailed back on APRIL 7 that I would receive information regarding whether or not the vendor would still be able to ship these items to me. I was never informed that they were able to.
I had to email AGAIN, 2 months after that e-mail from JAY, asking for refund because clearly nothing was being done for me.
It then took EMMA 22 days to email me back regarding a refund.

I demanded my money back, as I am very unsatisfied with the service you have provided me, and I will not be using Buytopia again. All they offered was store credit, and then more store credit after I said I wasn't interested in anything on the site (because it's all cheap useless garbage).

Now my phone # is being given to management " so hopefully they can find the time to get to you."

Utter crap. Stick to Groupon.
May 25, 2011
3 posts
they are scammers plain and simple why are they allowed to continue ripping people off they should be shutdown immediately they should be ashamed of themselves i wonder how they would feel if people started to usethe same tactics as they do disgraceful that is exactly how they should be thought of someone should stop them
May 25, 2011
3 posts
you want a reply youre joking i have tried many times they just dont answer maybe we should get the cops invoved and shut them down
Oct 5, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
whats the other site like buytopia thats canadian that has similar deals and the mbna deal?
Jul 15, 2015
2 posts
Beware guys dont buy anything in buytopia, i have approved MBNA master card reward and you will bet $100 guft card but after get my card, called buytopia customer service 10times but no one answer not even one support ive talked even i emailed them 3times...this is scam website.
Jan 17, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone ever received a refund and how did they get it, from Buytopia? They wouldn't activate the gift card I ordered, then said send it back for refund...I'm still waiting...then they said they would activate the card, so I replied with the message they sent me that they had received the cards and would be refunding my money...they don't even know what they are doing or saying...its probably been a year now...I'll never buy from them again...they should be reported as scammers and fraudulent...they should be charged by the police! I guess my next step is to report them to the police, but as its $100, they probably wouldn't do anything...although, if they've done this to many people...could be millions of dollars they are scamming...I will also report to the media, as they seem to get things done
May 25, 2015
305 posts
330 upvotes
Ontario
Don't ever buy anything from buytopia. They are scammers. Big scammers. I bought Esso GC probably two months ago and they keep telling me to wait until next week and now they don't even respond. Obviously, they do not have GC in stock and you can see they are still selling them as if they are going to deliver. They should be reported.
Sep 21, 2017
2 posts
I was supposed to get a $100 The Bay card upon requesting and receiving an MBNA credit card. Did that in January and wrote them every month to get the promised $100 Bay card. They always replied that only a restricted amount of cards were issued each month. Never my turn. Then I accepted their offer to get a $150 credit on their site telling them that I wanted to buy an Esso gift card deal that was on. After 3 days of writing them, they applied the $150 credit on my account but when I tried to purchase the Esso gift card, the system tells me that no credit can be applied to this deal!!!! I specifically accepted the $150 credit telling them that I wanted to purchase this card and it won't allow me!!! I wrote to them 3 days in a row without even an acknowledgement! They never told me that there would be restrictions in using my credit. This is unacceptable and you can't even talk to a PERSON on the phone. Your only option is to write them but what is the use of writing them if you don't get an answer? NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SUCH A WEB SITE. NO CONSIDERATION FOR THEIR CLIENTS!!!! NOT EVEN AN EXPLANATION. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Jan 17, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
I'm still waiting...they continue to make excuses...say they will refund my money, then they don't...I think they're scammers, just out to collect money...Police and Consumer reporting agencies should warn against this company
Sep 5, 2014
99 posts
153 upvotes
calgary
avoid as soon as you see buytopia
I bought something but never received it. They said the item has been shipped but i didn't receive anything. They keep saying they are waiting for vendor to search my shipping information for 2 months. Fortunately, i got a refund through my credit card. NEVER buy anything from them
Oct 13, 2010
1 posts
mississauga
I bought Philip Sonicare toothbrush replacement head. I didn't receive my order after more than 3 months (and many e-mails) and the Customer Service simply refund my payment without further explanation. They seem to be just a liaison with their vendor and don't really have power to resolve the issue (other than giving the refund after > 3 months?). I don't recommend this vendor. If you want to try anyway, make sure you read the lengthy fine prints first.
Jun 6, 2011
1 posts
I agree!

I purchased (3) $100 Esso Bundles as Christmas gifts. I have so far emailed their "Customer Service" three times - December 18, 20, & 27th and again today (January 2) asking as to the status of the cards (even put in the 'Urgent' as they suggested in the subject line). They promise contact within 24 hours! I have not heard anything from them yet.