Expired Group Deals

Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 4:52 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2018
1 posts
I ordered 3 items that I was suppose to get on time for Christmas on November 24th. By December 11th, I hadn't received anything so I sent 1 first email. They replied the same day not to worry... That my order was going to be in on time. Guess what? I didn't received anything yet!!! I sent 2 more emails and tried to call without getting any answers! My next step is to contact my credit card to fill a complain. I have been stolen!! And believe me... I will write my story on every review site that I can find on the web!!
Jan 2, 2018
2 posts
This company is a scam. I ordered a watch from them months ago and still have not received it. They have conveniently disabled there customer service phone line ...you can only reach them by email and they dont reply....stay clear of Buytopia
Jul 13, 2009
2 posts
Buytopia has stolen $200 from me. I have written two letters about it. I ordered a $234 Esso Gift card for $200 end of October. It was a Christmas gift for my mother. I never received instructions on how to activate it. Emails kept saying 7-10 days. Now they are completely ignoring emails. I really cannot afford to lose $200 but I guess it is a hard lesson learned. I ordered last year and there was not problem. I guess they just don't care. thoroughly disappointed and disgusted. Will never order online again. I am a recent widow so was hoping they would take that into consideration when I asked for a refund. Kept getting standard answer.
Jul 13, 2009
2 posts
There is no answer at their phone number...you can only use customer service, who do not reply to emails. I have written to head office twice to get a refund since product never delivered.
Jan 2, 2018
2 posts
I ordered a smart watch from them back in November that still hasnt arrived. I have contacted them several times and they just keep telling me its on the way lol. The UPS tracking number they provided doesnt exist. Tried calling customer service and you just get a recording telling you to email. Does anyone have a number to reach a real person that can help?????
Dec 23, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
I bought Tim Hortons voucher in Oct 2017 till date neither received voucher nor received money back. I've sent many emails to [email protected]. Other than apologies I don't receive nothing. I asked them to give my money back or issue voucher but they are just promising and not giving anything and because they don't have support number, can't talk with any real person. This is so frustrating and a feeling that I've been cheated.
Dec 23, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Did you get a refund after that? can you please share the HO's email address please?
Jul 29, 2005
175 posts
659 upvotes
BELLEVUE, NL
I have dealt with buytopia.ca several times and had always gotten my merchandise. However, just before Xmas past I made an order and it wasn't fulfilled. I have contacted them numerous times by email (their phone # now directs you to email) and can't get anywhere with them. They still owe me product or $52. BEWARE. Their email is: [email protected]
Mar 6, 2018
1 posts
The worst customer service
I bought item a 5 month now and never receive it and I send few emails and never answer me
I will never buy again on Buytopia
Jun 3, 2011
5 posts
3 upvotes
L6x4t6
My advice is to submit a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. BBB.org
Mar 14, 2018
1 posts
I too fell victim to the buytopia scam. I bought something in November and never received. I started inquiring in the new year and I just received replies like it is in transit so nothing we can do and sorry it is late but nothing we can do. I inquired probably 6 times until I finally filed a complaint with the BBB.
Buytopia responded to me within hours and said they would refund my money but would take 10-15 days. At this point the BBB closed my complaint as they thought resolved. 3 weeks later I did not have my money so went back to the BBB and also sent Buytopia an email stating I filed a complaint with the BBB and would also be contacting the Ontario Consumer Complaint Board (https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-cons ... #section-0) if I hadn't heard within the week. I received an answer saying my money was refunded that day but would take 48 hrs to show up. It showed up 3 days later.
A lot of work but was definitely worth it! They should be shut down! NEVER buy from them!
May 15, 2018
2 posts
Horrible site. Say that everything takes 4-6 weeks after the auction ends before you get your product. Its now been 7 weeks after the auction... there is no tracking only a note that says "we did not buy this product" that's just great! Now I am demanding a refund...see how that goes. If they're as good at giving refunds as tell tales about shipping..I will never see one.

UPDATE: Still requesting refund...it is now August 2018. Here is their comment:

I have just reviewed your case and I see that your outstanding refund has been marked down as urgent and to be processed manually. Please expect to have the refund processed back to your original method of purchase shortly.
We apologize for the inconveniences and we thank-you for your patience.
Regards,
Buytopia Support
Life is Better at 50-90% of

They are a fraudulent misleading company.
So now I am contacting my credit card company to revoke the payment.
Last edited by sdsharpen636566234532888216 on Jul 31st, 2018 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 16, 2006
636 posts
90 upvotes
hamilton, on
For anyone who has purchased at Buytopia and needs a refund...call your credit card company! I purchased from Buytopia a few years ago and the company I purchased for went out of business a few days after the deal. Buytopia refused to refund me my money. I called my credit card company and as soon as they heard Buytopia...they said no problem, we will refund the transaction no questions asked! Apparently they get a lot of requests to refund Buytopia transactions.
Jul 16, 2019
1 posts
Eight weeks for to receive delivery of a MP3 player which turns out to be garbage. No instructions, no charging cable. Product quality is crap. The left channel of the headphones don't work. I will not purchase from Buytopia if this the the quality then are willing to sell. t alo took8weeks to arrive. Garbage,
Bill Hinds