BYOD cellphone plan cheapest with at least 5GB data on robelus network

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2016 6:33 pm
Aug 11, 2009
819 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto

BYOD cellphone plan cheapest with at least 5GB data on robelus network

So I am planning to get the new pixel XL (don't flame please I am an android fanboy). I have always bought phones outright since I didn't have data. I am planning to get data with the new phone. I was thinking of getting a "discounted" on-contract version but now I see the plans are super expensive. Also with BYOD I will get updates directly from Google so that's the route I will probably go.

However, I don't want WIND, too many friends with WIND have network issues. Want to get on the Robelus network with LTE.

Which provider currently has the best plan with at least 5GB LTE data? I see cityfone, zoomer wireless, public mobile mentioned here quite a bit, are they on the robelus network?
no external links allowed
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Rockin_Zombie wrote: So I am planning to get the new pixel XL (don't flame please I am an android fanboy). I have always bought phones outright since I didn't have data. I am planning to get data with the new phone. I was thinking of getting a "discounted" on-contract version but now I see the plans are super expensive. Also with BYOD I will get updates directly from Google so that's the route I will probably go.

However, I don't want WIND, too many friends with WIND have network issues. Want to get on the Robelus network with LTE.

Which provider currently has the best plan with at least 5GB LTE data? I see cityfone, zoomer wireless, public mobile mentioned here quite a bit, are they on the robelus network?
Fido's flex tablet plan with Fongo (or other voip)? But if you need to make quality calls, forget this. It's recommended for people who make the occasional brief/casual call (family, friends)
Aug 11, 2009
819 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Rockin_Zombie wrote: So I am planning to get the new pixel XL (don't flame please I am an android fanboy). I have always bought phones outright since I didn't have data. I am planning to get data with the new phone. I was thinking of getting a "discounted" on-contract version but now I see the plans are super expensive. Also with BYOD I will get updates directly from Google so that's the route I will probably go.

Fido's flex tablet plan with Fongo (or other voip)? But if you need to make quality calls, forget this. It's recommended for people who make the occasional brief/casual call (family, friends)

I saw that, but won't work for me, need a regular phone line as well.
no external links allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)