2019 Shop The Block

‼️ START HERE - SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 - Event Information

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 8:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11744 posts
8991 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

‼️ START HERE - SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 - Event Information

TERMS & CONDITIONS

3 PARTNER Offers = 300 BIG BONUS BAMs
5 PARTNER Offers = 800 BIG BONUS BAMs
7 PARTNER Offers = 1200 BIG BONUS BAMs


THE MOST IMPORTANT INFO YOU’LL READ ON THIS ENTIRE FORUM

Although we aim for the utmost in accuracy ... the absolute BEST THING you can do is to READ & FOLLOW the HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS on each of the Offers as they appear on the AirMiles Shop The Block 2019 Website = https://shoptheblock.ca/en

Cause if there is any dispute ... that which is on the website is the ultimate authority

The STB 2019 Website in addition to listing the Offers, has a lot of valuable info as well

Worthwhile to take the time to read thru the HOW IT WORKS Page = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/howitworks
And the FAQs Pages = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/faqs


EARLY BIRD TIPS TO REMEMBER
(Also see TIPS & TRICKS in Reply # 1 below)

These AirMiles BIG BONUS Events are more like a Treasure Hunt
Than a race to the finish line **

So often it’s a case of slow & steady (and informed) wins biggest vs those who don’t take the time to plan their strategy.

READING & FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS is truly the largest portion of the success in completing the Offers & Challenges and then seeing the BIG BONUS Miles you hoped for actually POST in a timely fashion.

So be sure & READ & FOLLOW the HOW TO USE instructions (click thru) on each Offer on the STB 2019 Website to see the fine print


* The click thrus are very important... as they often the access to the STB Portal so the offer works the first time
(Versus just going direct to a Partners Website)

* When Offers say Coupons Required
Or fellow RFDers recommend them...

It’s best to use Printed Coupons as they work better at many Partners than Digital versions
Printed coupons can be either ones off the STB 2019 Website, or the ones in STB 2019 Booklets (be aware though that the Booklets are sponsored so don’t have all the offers ... just a fraction of the full list that’s on the website)

AND ... hard copy coupons are usually your best bet vs digital ones (where you use your phone for scanning) ... as some Retailers who participate in STB wont even be set up to scan Digital Coupons... they’ll want hard copies / paper to stick in their cash registers.

** NOTE

In past AMs BIG BONUS Events it was found that some Partner Offers did not POST correctly in the first few days
So if you can... it might be wise to wait out a few days before attacking your list of Offers full on
Long run bonus ... Fewer PARTNER COUNTS missing, or Missing Miles to chase down as the weeks wear on, and after the event is over

Remember ... AirMiles has up to 120 Days AFTER an event to POST MILES
STB 2019 ends on December 27, 2019 + 120 Days = 4 Months = End of April 2020

HOWEVER ... sometimes things all fall into place swimmingly for those who have followed the instructions to a tee
And they see all their Base Miles + Bonus Miles POSTED within 30 DAYS / end of January
And like STB 2018 ... got their BIG BONUS MILES at the 45 DAY MARK
Was a great Valentines ❤️ Day present from AirMiles


So take the time to plan out your strategy
READ & FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
Have your ducks in a row (Portals or Coupons to tow)
And things will probably go smoothly
So by the end of April you’ll be doing something other than following up on STB 2019
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
67 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11744 posts
8991 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 1

TIPS & TRICKS

GENERAL STUFF


* CHECK your Cash & Dream Miles Earning Preference on your account.

You want to think about where it’s set so any Miles you earn during the STB 2019 Event do you the most good
Miles generally POST based on the DATE of your transaction / purchase
So things regularly get back dated

If you change your preference, it won’t update until after midnight
(So if changed on a Sunday @ 9:00 AM ... it won’t officially change over until Monday around 2:00 AM)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11744 posts
8991 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 2

TIPS & TRICKS

AIRMILES SHOPS.CA OFFERS
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11744 posts
8991 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 3

RE - GIFT CARDS
In general ... for any AMs Partner

Read the T&Cs on each offer / coupon back.

As well one has to check the AirMiles Website & the individual Partner Websites too to see if AirMiles can indeed be earned on GC Purchases
(So just cuz GCs aren’t mentioned, doesn’t mean you’ll necessarily earn AirMiles on them)

Example ...
Here is the AirMiles Lowes Partner Page
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... rDirectory

It clearly says in their T&Cs
GCs EXCLUDED

So doesn’t matter what the STB Coupon / Offer says
[/quote]
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 14th, 2019 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4607 posts
2185 upvotes
Here are couple tips & tricks:
  • Buy PL construction adhesive $8.33 (including tax) at Lowe's, Rona, Reno will give you 3 offers there. I know you may not need them all but consider the cost and it could bring you to the next level (800 or 1200 BAM)
  • if you purchase >= $100 at Staples (Dec 3-23), make sure you go through airmilesshop.ca so it could count as 2. Then use your BMO MC (if you have it) to bring your total closer to $350
  • Eastern Ontario, Ottawa people can redeem $10 at Jean Coutu and hop over to Gatineau next 2 weeks to redeem $10 at IGA for an offer
Newbie
Feb 12, 2016
51 posts
52 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Here are couple tips & tricks:
  • Buy PL construction adhesive $8.33 (including tax) at Lowe's, Rona, Reno will give you 3 offers there. I know you may not need them all but consider the cost and it could bring you to the next level (800 or 1200 BAM)
Trying to buy from Rona.ca online, entering promo code 1058 yields "promotion code you have entered is invalid". Any ideas? Also no place to enter AM number. [edit] Just found AM number on next page, required bonus code still not working though. [another edit] NExt day... they must have caught and fixed it... working now. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Last edited by baconbits on Nov 15th, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Jan 11, 2007
413 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Gift card question:

If I go to Sobeys and buy a Sobeys gift card (using my BMO Airmiles credit card so I can double dip), can I go back in right after and use the gift card to buy groceries? Or do I have to wait 24hrs before using?

I'm asking because I saw a sign at Rexall over their gift card stand that states you have to wait 24hrs after activation before you can use it. Is this just for cards activated by Rexall or is it the case with all gift cards regardless of where you buy it?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2340 posts
854 upvotes
slinger99 wrote: Gift card question:

If I go to Sobeys and buy a Sobeys gift card (using my BMO Airmiles credit card so I can double dip), can I go back in right after and use the gift card to buy groceries? Or do I have to wait 24hrs before using?

I'm asking because I saw a sign at Rexall over their gift card stand that states you have to wait 24hrs after activation before you can use it. Is this just for cards activated by Rexall or is it the case with all gift cards regardless of where you buy it?
Yes, the card works instantly.. i do this all the time
Newbie
Feb 12, 2016
51 posts
52 upvotes
Just a suggestion... if you're buying through airmilesshops.ca, you might benefit by waiting until Black Friday. You could find some pretty good multipliers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1124 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, GTA
Thanks everyone. For LCBO offers -- will I get the bonus miles if I redeem AMs to pay for the purchase?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1124 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, GTA
baconbits wrote: Trying to buy from Rona.ca online, entering promo code 1058 yields "promotion code you have entered is invalid". Any ideas? Also no place to enter AM number. [edit] Just found AM number on next page, required bonus code still not working though. [another edit] NExt day... they must have caught and fixed it... working now. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I just did an online order (in-store pick up) and code/AM# worked fine. Did the promo code get reflected anywhere in your order confirmation e-mail or pick-up notice?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Newbie
Feb 12, 2016
51 posts
52 upvotes
beeknight wrote: I just did an online order (in-store pick up) and code/AM# worked fine. Did the promo code get reflected anywhere in your order confirmation e-mail or pick-up notice?
Neither the order nor the shipping notification had either the promo code or my AM number. Having been to this movie before with AM, though, I took a screen shot of the promo code entry, and another of the checkout showing my AM number.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4607 posts
2185 upvotes
beeknight wrote: Thanks everyone. For LCBO offers -- will I get the bonus miles if I redeem AMs to pay for the purchase?
yup. I redeemed $10 x 5 vouchers and paid for 2 offers. Miles already posted in 2 accounts
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1124 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, GTA
baconbits wrote: Neither the order nor the shipping notification had either the promo code or my AM number. Having been to this movie before with AM, though, I took a screen shot of the promo code entry, and another of the checkout showing my AM number.
Good idea. Made another dummy purchase and took screen shots. Winking Face
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Newbie
Feb 12, 2016
51 posts
52 upvotes
beeknight wrote: Good idea. Made another dummy purchase and took screen shots. Winking Face
It's not likely to come down to that, but if you do have to send them those files, make sure you hack the creation and last modified dates/times. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Top