• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 7:07 am
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
Post your impressions closer to launch when you get a chance if you don't mind. Was thinking of getting it on PC.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3126 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has a spare invite and willing to send my way it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)
Aug 20, 2009
9159 posts
4506 upvotes
Playing on Steam with some friends, its pretty good. They were fairly shameless about this being L4D3, right down to similar logos, infected and etc. The gunplay is OK so far. The card system is much cooler than I thought it was going to be, some of the corruption cards are really tough. The special "ridden" are kind of underwhelming, I think the zombies in general need a lot of work. The animations and reaction fx are subpar, they have kind of a stuttery look to them. The map design is all over the place, some of the levels in Act 1 are very boring while others are excellent. The player cast has little personality unlike the L4D crew which is the biggest letdown. I am definitely going to pick it up to play with other people but it is missing that Valve polish for sure. I sent in a feedback thing after my first game, I hope they read them.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10258 posts
3764 upvotes
Anymore invites Face With Rolling EyesUpside-down Face
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Sep 16, 2005
839 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I’d love an invite!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1959 posts
861 upvotes
YYC
It's open beta next weekend. If you want it now then just link your twitch account to WB and leave it on a drop stream for an hour.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8935 posts
10100 upvotes
Toronto
Aim assist needs to be toned down 100% - as soon as you ADS, you immediately lock-on to an enemy. Most obvious is when you have an enemy running across the screen and as soon as you ADS, it follows the enemy.

Friendly bots are also dumb enough to shoot you in the back.

I'd say it was fun especially when you consider four buddies playing - I found it a lot like Zombie Army.

New card system is confusing - or at least I didn't pay attention to it much.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote: Aim assist needs to be toned down 100% - as soon as you ADS, you immediately lock-on to an enemy. Most obvious is when you have an enemy running across the screen and as soon as you ADS, it follows the enemy.

Friendly bots are also dumb enough to shoot you in the back.

I'd say it was fun especially when you consider four buddies playing - I found it a lot like Zombie Army.

New card system is confusing - or at least I didn't pay attention to it much.
I like that "feature" because it's like playing L4D2 with some of my friends! Well, at least the ones that are too clueless to consider LOS.
If the game is similar to Zombie Army then that's pretty good. Those games are hella fun in MP.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1959 posts
861 upvotes
YYC
It's nothing like Zombie Army imo besides the coop. I really enjoyed ZAT but haven't been able to get into 4.

This game seems like it might be fun but something with the graphics is off for me. I get motion sickness or something from it after playing for a bit and I even turned off motion blur.

The zombies are really fast and will sneak up behind you instantly. Liking it so far but will see how it is at launch. Luckily it will be on gamepass to try.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5704 posts
3906 upvotes
Redmask wrote: Playing on Steam with some friends, its pretty good. They were fairly shameless about this being L4D3, right down to similar logos, infected and etc. The gunplay is OK so far. The card system is much cooler than I thought it was going to be, some of the corruption cards are really tough. The special "ridden" are kind of underwhelming, I think the zombies in general need a lot of work. The animations and reaction fx are subpar, they have kind of a stuttery look to them. The map design is all over the place, some of the levels in Act 1 are very boring while others are excellent. The player cast has little personality unlike the L4D crew which is the biggest letdown. I am definitely going to pick it up to play with other people but it is missing that Valve polish for sure. I sent in a feedback thing after my first game, I hope they read them.
Where do you submit feedback for the beta?

Here’s my experience.

I chose to play it on the PS5 and I’m impressed by it so far, as well. I truly missed that couch co-op from back in the day like the good ol’ Xbox 360 days of L4D. I played through the first “Act” and I didn’t have any issues so far. I did notice that the aim assist was definitely helping too much most of the time and didn’t allow me to manually be good at it.there might be an option to reduce the aim assist level or turn it off completely.

The cards are definitely a bonus perk but they can also add negative effects as well in the game. I still haven’t fully comprehended the whole care system. There is a points system in place after each level/act. The more points you collect, the more you can upgrade you character and unlock new cards.

At the camp site where you roam around before a match/act or even upgrading your stats by going to different characters. There is a weapon shooting range you can practice and also pretty much try out all guns available in the game. There might be other things to do at this camp that they didn’t want to reveal just yet.
inocent wrote: It's nothing like Zombie Army imo besides the coop. I really enjoyed ZAT but haven't been able to get into 4.

This game seems like it might be fun but something with the graphics is off for me. I get motion sickness or something from it after playing for a bit and I even turned off motion blur.

The zombies are really fast and will sneak up behind you instantly. Liking it so far but will see how it is at launch. Luckily it will be on gamepass to try.
Interesting that you say you had motion sickness. A lot of people reported motion sickness from Resident Evil Village. There are some options in the settings to lessen this affect I believe.
Aug 20, 2009
9159 posts
4506 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Where do you submit feedback for the beta?
I don't know about the consoles but on the Steam version it automatically asked me if I wanted to take a survey after exiting the game and then spawned a browser tab. It was a fairly detailed survey and had a section at the end for raw feedback.

Overall I'm a fan of the game but you can really see where Valve added polish to L4D, this game feels a lot more raw in gameplay. Some of the set piece events aren't obvious too and require multiple attempts. The animations are my main beef though, the zombies don't react well to hits and often sort of stutter despite FPS remaining high.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5704 posts
3906 upvotes
Redmask wrote: I don't know about the consoles but on the Steam version it automatically asked me if I wanted to take a survey after exiting the game and then spawned a browser tab. It was a fairly detailed survey and had a section at the end for raw feedback.

Overall I'm a fan of the game but you can really see where Valve added polish to L4D, this game feels a lot more raw in gameplay. Some of the set piece events aren't obvious too and require multiple attempts. The animations are my main beef though, the zombies don't react well to hits and often sort of stutter despite FPS remaining high.
I couldn’t figure it out lol.

Anyways, the open beta is live!

I’ve updated the thread accordingly!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
Will probably try on Steam this weekend, thanks for the thread update
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
The game runs butter smooth on my laptop. I really like some of the mission goals, enough variety so far to keep it interesting. Hopefully they have more.
I find the card system interesting enough, don't quite get the supply line thing but I'm sure it's simple enough. The character variety and skillsets are pretty good. It does remind me of Zombie Army or World War Z, but with more obvious homage to L4D. Most zombie death animations that were near a wall, stairs, rocks, or anything besides flat ground seemed janky for me.

Overall I would rate this a definite buy, I just played for about 4 hours and it gave me those sweet L4D vibes which I sorely missed.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5704 posts
3906 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: The game runs butter smooth on my laptop. I really like some of the mission goals, enough variety so far to keep it interesting. Hopefully they have more.
I find the card system interesting enough, don't quite get the supply line thing but I'm sure it's simple enough. The character variety and skillsets are pretty good. It does remind me of Zombie Army or World War Z, but with more obvious homage to L4D. Most zombie death animations that were near a wall, stairs, rocks, or anything besides flat ground seemed janky for me.

Overall I would rate this a definite buy, I just played for about 4 hours and it gave me those sweet L4D vibes which I sorely missed.
I’ve been looking for a co-op 2/4 player game for a while. I thought maybe the Alien: Fireteam would have been the one. But since I haven’t tried the Alien game yet, I may have to get B4B instead!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)