• Oct 31st, 2019 10:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 22, 2004
540 posts
321 upvotes
London, ON

C6 Corvette

I've had my eye on a C6 'vette. I'm wondering if this time of year is truly a good idea to jump on one, or if the increased 6-month or so depreciation till spring makes it a better idea to wait until then. I'm especially curious what will happen with depreciation considering the C8 is around the corner.

Has anyone tracked Corvette depreciation and can offer any comments on whether prices are lower in fall (or conversely "higher" in the spring) for the same given year/model/mileage?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13991 posts
8092 upvotes
Toronto
seeing how it's essentially a seasonal item, like a motorcycle, there would be far more demand in the spring than the fall, especially when you need somewhere to store it.

meaning it should be a lot cheaper now than in the spring.
[OP]
Mar 22, 2004
540 posts
321 upvotes
London, ON
Swerny wrote: seeing how it's essentially a seasonal item, like a motorcycle, there would be far more demand in the spring than the fall, especially when you need somewhere to store it.

meaning it should be a lot cheaper now than in the spring.
That's my theory too, however, in the spring there is more supply because many sellers wait until then to off load them, so the supply/demand equation isn't an easy comparison. Additionally, in the spring the car is a "year older".

I was just curious if anyone has tracked pricing of these specific vehicles. I used to have a BMW M Roadster, and I found that in the fall, the prices may have been marginally lower, but the selection was much slimmer, and often the only ones for sale were the ones that hadn't sold in better months. I haven't been tracking the C6 prices long enough to know what is a "great" deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16193 posts
17627 upvotes
Oakville
ncnmra wrote: That's my theory too, however, in the spring there is more supply because many sellers wait until then to off load them, so the supply/demand equation isn't an easy comparison. Additionally, in the spring the car is a "year older".

I was just curious if anyone has tracked pricing of these specific vehicles. I used to have a BMW M Roadster, and I found that in the fall, the prices may have been marginally lower, but the selection was much slimmer, and often the only ones for sale were the ones that hadn't sold in better months. I haven't been tracking the C6 prices long enough to know what is a "great" deal.
Just keep watching the market until you find a price you like for the car you want. If you're not in a rush they you're at the advantage. Last car I bought I was casually looking around for about 7 months.