CAA Auto insurance policy documents delay

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2022 5:36 pm
Sep 17, 2012
113 posts
122 upvotes
Brampton

CAA Auto insurance policy documents delay

I applied for CAA my pace auto insurance through broker in first week of August but I haven’t received the policy number and documents yet.

I talked to the broker and he sent me temporary liability slip and told me that CAA insurance is just backlogged. Did anyone here experience this delay as CAA directly isn’t telling me anything without policy number?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
I got my renewal docs in mail a month before the renewal date.

Your mypace should come from USA snail mail in about 2 weeks. CAA told me you are covered regardless. Make sure your insurance slip is correct.
Sep 17, 2012
113 posts
122 upvotes
Brampton
peteryorkuca wrote: I got my renewal docs in mail a month before the renewal date.

Your mypace should come from USA snail mail in about 2 weeks. CAA told me you are covered regardless. Make sure your insurance slip is correct.
Thanks for this info.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
simrannagra9 wrote: Thanks for this info.
Thinking twice about this now. If your info isn't in CAA system, and your broker gave you a slip without CAA policy number, are you really covered?
Sep 17, 2012
113 posts
122 upvotes
Brampton
peteryorkuca wrote: Thinking twice about this now. If your info isn't in CAA system, and your broker gave you a slip without CAA policy number, are you really covered?
I am not sure if my info is in CAA system or not as they won’t give me this info without policy number. I checked in CAA website that the broker is authorized, so I believe I can give them a call again tomorrow to see if I am really covered from day 1.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6699 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
eshum wrote: Use the Passes app for the digital liability slip. Better than nothing.
Sign up online for CAA insurance as may have policy # there and of course the digital slip as suggested.

Wish our insurance had that.
Last edited by georvu on Aug 19th, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Mar 7, 2010
174 posts
134 upvotes
Milton
Why add a broker when you can deal with CAA directly? Less layers, less BS, all the better.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1318 posts
1145 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: Thinking twice about this now. If your info isn't in CAA system, and your broker gave you a slip without CAA policy number, are you really covered?
Yes. Brokers have binding authority. What's likely happened here, is due to some technical issue the broker was unable to issue the policy in the system, so the broker manually sent in application to CAA to issue it on their end. As long as the broker sends it into the company within 5 days (time frame will vary slightly by company) of the binding date, there's no issue and you'd be covered in the event of a claim.