Freebies

CAA

FREE “Slow Down Please” lawn sign (South Central Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 12:07 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5532 posts
47638 upvotes

FREE “Slow Down Please” lawn sign (South Central Ontario)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Retailer:
CAA
Longer days and sunnier skies present plenty of opportunities to get out and about. With people enjoying the fresh air and exercising outdoors, there will be an increase in foot and cycling traffic. That’s why CAA is reminding motorists to drive safely, especially through residential neighbourhoods.

This year, we’re pleased to continue offering FREE “Slow Down Please” lawn signs* to anyone living in South Central Ontario. When well-placed, these signs aim to make roads safer for children and those living in the community.

Keeping our roadways and neighbourhoods safe is a shared responsibility. You can also do your part by getting involved in this worthwhile community initiative.

Starting July 5, 2021, you can pick up a maximum of two signs from your local CAA Store, while quantities last. Always remember to check local city bylaws before installing signs on private property.

Show your support and pick up your FREE “Slow Down Please” lawn sign today!
5 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24406 posts
33463 upvotes
Toronto
Literally window dressing. These signs are roundly ignored.

We need better road design, tougher enforcement , harder driving licence process.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1397 posts
1014 upvotes
Mississauga
only thing I will say may work is better road design

there is a reason people are doing 50 on residential streets its that its quicker than taking main streets
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
5017 posts
291 upvotes
Stoney Creek
The only people who will pay attention to these signs are the people who don't need these signs
Apr 25, 2011
38 posts
24 upvotes
There are so many of these dumb signs on my street.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1539 posts
559 upvotes
atleast you have signs while our main streets have street calming ( ruining ) speed bumps that most newer cars/trucks fly over unlike older cars for these suspension/alignment killers :( and they don't go fully across both lanes so most drive in middle or motorcycles drive in middle :) :( neighbours complained of speeding in front of school but that street got different speed calming softer bumps half height of other street that speeders still zip over :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)