Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CAA and Shell

CAA New Benefit - Save 3 Cents / L, 10% Off Car Washes and 10% Off Select In-Store Purchases at Shell (Excludes Quebec)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2023 12:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13850 upvotes
Toronto

CAA New Benefit - Save 3 Cents / L, 10% Off Car Washes and 10% Off Select In-Store Purchases at Shell (Excludes Quebec)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 28, 2025
Retailer:
CAA and Shell
CAA.PNG

Got the email today. CAA card needs to be swiped at the pump or in-store, or added into EasyPay app. Log into the app, tap "More" on the lower right, tap "Programs & Memberships" and enter your CAA number. Terms and Conditions:
Offer is valid until February 28, 2025 at participating Shell Locations for current members of the CAA Club Group (“CAA”). The Offer provides a discount of 3 cents per litre when a qualified customer purchases any grade of Shell fuel (the “Discount”). The discount shall apply to a maximum purchase of 1,000 litres per calendar month per CAA Membership number. The Offer also provides a 10% discount on car wash purchases by a qualified customer for personal use; and a 10% discount on convenience retail purchases made by a qualified customer for personal use, not including any tobacco products, lottery tickets, alcoholic beverages, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, all printed materials or documents (including newspapers, magazines, books, maps, flyers, guides and all other written publications or documents), all items, goods, rights or services sold that are produced by, sold on behalf of, or otherwise obtained from any governments, regulatory bodies, governmental agencies or Crown corporations, including all postage and stamps, permits or licenses (including fishing, hunting, sporting or camping), and transportation tickets or fares (including ferries, bus or train), any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law, and any products ordered on-line and delivered via a third-party delivery service (collectively the Discount and the applicable offers, referred to as the “Offer”). No cash value. Any discounts shall be calculated on the pre-tax amount and may be combined with other offers at Shell’s sole discretion. A valid CAA Membership number must be presented at time of purchase. “Valid Members” means Members of Participating Clubs who meet the terms and conditions of the Member Offer and other terms, conditions and limitations imposed by Shell, acting reasonably and as posted on Shell or an Affiliate’s website or otherwise made available to the public for review, in order to ensure compliance with Applicable Laws and for the purposes of avoidance of customer fraud, abuse or misconduct, at any time and from time to time for participation in, or the benefit of, the Member Offer. Members using an existing Shell commercial business or “fleet” payment card are excluded from the Offer. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this Offer and to terminate the Offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Additional restrictions and conditions may apply. Please contact your regional CAA club if you experience any difficulties getting your member discount(s).
More info on the website.
128 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
2660 posts
9045 upvotes
ooh nice! should save me $40 per year on gas. not much in the big picture but better than nothing?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Seems similar to RBC 3c/L savings at Petro. What I want to know is whether you can get Air Miles or CAA points. (Edit: Yes you can still get Air Miles. No CAA Dollars.) I deliberately avoid Shell because I swore off Air Miles after their shenanigans.
- casual gastronomist -
Nov 18, 2019
502 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
A good deal considering the higher cost of Shell premium fuel, and the fact fuel prices are likely to go up due to the war.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1737 posts
565 upvotes
I wondered where CAA would go after they left Petro Canada. This is probably the best loyalty program available right now among the larger chains?

Shell: 3 cents off litre + 1 air mile/20L + 4 or 5% credit card
Esso: 1 Optimum point per litre + 4 or 5% credit card
Petro: 3 cents off litre + 1.4 Petro point per litre + 1 or 1.5% credit card
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3955 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kenneth wrote: I wondered where CAA would go after they left Petro Canada. This is probably the best loyalty program available right now among the larger chains?

Good that their with shell, I only use shell gasoline in my vehicles, and the airmiles is just the cherry on top!
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
Just got 2 basic memberships for $72 plus tax last week.

With the amount we drive, the memberships are more than free!

Thanks OP.
Apr 14, 2013
406 posts
233 upvotes
Brampton
How do you use the app when you fill up at the pump?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13850 upvotes
Toronto
dillonsandhu7 wrote: How do you use the app when you fill up at the pump?

Before you fill up, open the app, tap the “Pay” button in the bottom centre, tap “Pay at the Pump”, then enter pump number. Next screen, input your maximum $ fuel amount and the amount of cash miles you want to use. Then the next screen will prompt you to start filling up.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1196 posts
1258 upvotes
Kenneth wrote: I wondered where CAA would go after they left Petro Canada. This is probably the best loyalty program available right now among the larger chains?

Petro Canada.. were they ever with them? Been up north 4 years.

Last i knew they were with Husky/Mohawk and offered CAA dollars only...
Sep 8, 2010
868 posts
2178 upvotes
Windsor
one-cheap-guy wrote: Just got 2 basic memberships for $72 plus tax last week.

With the amount we drive, the memberships are more than free!

Thanks OP.
How did you score this price
Nov 9, 2014
395 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Esso I think is better with PC Optimum and their MC WE card
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1737 posts
565 upvotes
DasHip wrote: Petro Canada.. were they ever with them? Been up north 4 years.

Last i knew they were with Husky/Mohawk and offered CAA dollars only...
They left Petro April 2021, previous to that they were just Husky, and prior to that they had a partnership with Sunoco.

Before anyone else mentions it’s, Premium gas at Costco is always cheaper than any loyalty or credit card program. Regular gas is hit or miss, since some stations near a Costco (or high volume stations) might be within 3-5 cents of the Costco price so combining loyalty and a good CC you may come out ahead.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Can someone with greater knowledge do a comparison of which gas station provides the best savings?

I currently am with Petro + RBC 3c/L, you get 20% "more" points for using RBC CC @ Petro and 20% more RBC points as well for filling up @ Petro

Fuel prices are hurting the wallet big time these days.....with the amount we have to drive.

I left Shell since the AirMiles became less useful over the years and got dropped by many retailers, have been using Petro since as its quick to redeem the points and collect.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
There's a $30/year membership with no roadside but all benefits. Seems like a no brainer
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3175 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you see yourself using CAA membership, why not just sign up for Triangle World Elite where you can get roadside assistance free. What is 3 cents these days anyways with gas prices going up? Also might as well get PCO membership/cc (free) to get 4,000 points for 40 litres of 10c off per litre at Esso.

Why pay CAA membership when you could get roadside assistance free from Triangle WE card (no annual fee) along with PCO membership/cc (no annual fee). If you're saving $30/year of gas but spending on CAA membership, you basically aren't even saving anything.

I don't get how is this a deal and why so many upvotes. IF BMO AIRMILES MC starts a new perk with CAA then I would give this a neutral feedback but looking at inflation, price of gas, and whether I save on this "deal", yeah, bad deal to me
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Sep 8, 2010
868 posts
2178 upvotes
Windsor
ImpKnight wrote: There's a $30/year membership with no roadside but all benefits. Seems like a no brainer
I'm trying to understand what the point of being a CAA member is without roadside assistance....?
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
StudYork wrote: I'm trying to understand what the point of being a CAA member is without roadside assistance....?
To save 3 cents per litŕe and 10% in store
Jul 23, 2008
511 posts
63 upvotes
Calgary
If you're a CAA member already, this is just an added perks. I have TD Auto Deluxe so debating whether I want CAA instead for the perks and savings.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: Unless you see yourself using CAA membership, why not just sign up for Triangle World Elite where you can get roadside assistance free. What is 3 cents these days anyways with gas prices going up? Also might as well get PCO membership/cc (free) to get 4,000 points for 40 litres of 10c off per litre at Esso.

Why pay CAA membership when you could get roadside assistance free from Triangle WE card (no annual fee) along with PCO membership/cc (no annual fee). If you're saving $30/year of gas but spending on CAA membership, you basically aren't even saving anything.

I don't get how is this a deal and why so many upvotes. IF BMO AIRMILES MC starts a new perk with CAA then I would give this a neutral feedback but looking at inflation, price of gas, and whether I save on this "deal", yeah, bad deal to me
Let's see... CAA gets you 5 to 10 % on home and auto insurance, 10% off on VIA Rail, some of the best medical insurance rates, better hotel rates ...

Not everyone can qualify for the $60000+ salary that the CT requires. BTW I have both memberships, one through the MC, and got the CAA one last year to save on insurance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)