Expired Hot Deals

[CAA stores] Free passport photos from CAA for plus, premier and corporate members (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 9:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
34 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto

Free passport photos from CAA for plus, premier and corporate members (Ontario)

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
FREE
Retailer:
CAA stores
I just received my renewal slip in the mail for my CAA membership. They are now adding free passport photos if you are a plus, premier or corporate member. You must go to a CAA store to get the photos. List of stores here: https://www.caasco.com/About-Us/Contact ... tions.aspx
It would be worthwhile if you have a store near you. Looks like south central Ontario only.
Last edited by scubacuba on Jan 12th, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Sep 2, 2010
929 posts
374 upvotes
montreal
Seems to be only for Ontario.
I just checked on CAA-Quebec web site and they don't seem to offer that promo.

Might want to update the title to indicate this limitation ...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2182 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Used this when it first came out back in November, nice perk for members (though you only need it once every 10 years now!)
Aug 4, 2007
401 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it a limited time offer? I've a CAA+, but my passport expires in 7 years! :D
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2357 posts
140 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is normal I think. I get my passport photos done through CAA Gold in Manitoba as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7250 posts
1707 upvotes
Toronto
LeafsRbest wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:57 pm
Are children's photos also free?
That'll be nice if you have many children. Also good if you have many wives with many children.
Mar 13, 2004
492 posts
52 upvotes
Brampton
Finally had a chance to call CAA.
You're allowed 1 free passport photo/year (not sure why anyone would need it so frequently).
Children under 16 pay the Basic/Classic rate for their region.

I'm going to make a request/recommendation with CAA that if they're allowing 1 free photo/year then they should allow members the option to use it on their children. I encourage other members to make this request as well.

Links to the information above for Northern (more detailed info here) and Southern Ontario:
CAA North & East Ontario Passport Photo Info
South Central Ontario Passport Photo Info
Apr 22, 2012
608 posts
65 upvotes
TORONTO
Does it only offer one free print? You have to pay for additional copy unless you are premier member.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1027 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
LeafsRbest wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 10:44 pm
Finally had a chance to call CAA.
You're allowed 1 free passport photo/year (not sure why anyone would need it so frequently).
Children under 16 pay the Basic/Classic rate for their region.

I'm going to make a request/recommendation with CAA that if they're allowing 1 free photo/year then they should allow members the option to use it on their children. I encourage other members to make this request as well.

Links to the information above for Northern (more detailed info here) and Southern Ontario:
CAA North & East Ontario Passport Photo Info
South Central Ontario Passport Photo Info
CAA is the only place to get a international drivers permit (valid for 1 year) which requires a passport size photo.
Aug 9, 2015
143 posts
52 upvotes
Sylvan Lake, AB
AMA has had free passport photos (one set per year) for Plus/Premier members in AB for a number of years now. You can also have your passports photos taken elsewhere, AMA will reimburse the cost (up to $20) if you bring the valid receipt to them. At least I've done it in AB.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8397 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
DAMN i just got my photos done at costco.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1590 posts
36 upvotes
Just got mine done somewhere else too! It doesn't say though how much for a 2nd print.