• Sep 2nd, 2021 7:43 am
170 replies
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3363 posts
1700 upvotes
Airdrie
divinestyler wrote: Out of stock in Calgary. Loudly Crying Face
And they won't give a rain cheque. On sale till Aug 4. CSR suggested keep looking online for restock.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Jul 19, 2021
32 posts
120 upvotes
these are great boats, i got mine last year for this price
hooked it up with a 46lb thrust newport fresh/saltwater electric motor ($250 amazon) and a costco gel battery, lasts pretty much all day putting around the salish sea
it is handy to have an extension for the throttle

i use a ryobi inflator ($25 at home depot) to quickly inflate and deflate at the beach/boat launch
boat.JPG
Oct 16, 2006
227 posts
234 upvotes
Waterloo
timestop wrote: these are great boats, i got mine last year for this price
hooked it up with a 46lb thrust newport fresh/saltwater electric motor ($250 amazon) and a costco gel battery, lasts pretty much all day putting around the salish sea

i use a ryobi inflator ($25 at home depot) to quickly inflate and deflate at the beach/boat launch
boat.JPG
I bought the same boat earlier this year for the same price and have been considering attaching a motor. How do you charge the battery?
Jul 19, 2021
32 posts
120 upvotes
Sling wrote: I bought the same boat earlier this year for the same price and have been considering attaching a motor. How do you charge the battery?
i just use my car battery charger set to 2 amps (slower is better)

those newports are a great deal, i almost bought the saltwater minn kota for $700, till i found this one
but if you don't need saltwater, then the minn kotas are pretty reasonable

that motor mount is the one from cabelas and works well
Dec 18, 2004
176 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa is out of stock now. They had a display model that they can deflate and sell but I passed. Someone bought the last one as I was doing my curb side order.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11106 posts
5233 upvotes
oos here but good deal. A neighbor bought one of these says same name on the side but he has actual boat seats installed and a trolling motor. He goes fishing all the time with it and ive always wanted to grab one.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2813 posts
528 upvotes
Ontario
Do you need a boat license to use one of these?
Hehe
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Jan 7, 2016
9 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
All operators of motorized boats in Ontario are required by law to have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. Commonly known as a boating license, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is required for all ages, boat lengths and engine sizes (including electric trolling motors).
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1391 posts
1353 upvotes
Confused99 wrote: Can you stand up and fish?
If you attempt it please record and post the results please.
Nov 22, 2016
502 posts
275 upvotes
I spoke with a CS rep and they stated they have over 300 in storage at the warehouse...wtf.

Wondering if they are waiting for the sale to end to restock.
Aug 29, 2001
440 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
If you want to stand in this, I'd recommend to DIY a solid floor which gives more confidence than the included slat flooring. Very easy to make a floor except that wood is just expensive right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1091 posts
526 upvotes

boat.JPG
How come you didn't get the 55lbs motor?
[OP]
May 28, 2004
197 posts
163 upvotes

boat.JPG
The motor mentioned is 30" shaft is that ok or you need 36"
Dec 18, 2004
176 posts
81 upvotes
The rep I was talking to mentioned that although they don’t do rain checks, if they had more on order they would price match the sale price when they arrived. It didn’t seem like they were going to get any more but I’m not sure if someone might have like price matching the sale with the 300 in the warehouse???
Jul 24, 2021
1 posts
15 upvotes
Here’s my setup. You can easily stand up and fish with an homemade floor. You just have to be careful with other boats, and the waves that comes with it. You are still pretty low with this boat, so better you better fish quiet body of water.
Images
  • C6557521-4697-40E4-8D09-49CF909410C4.jpeg