Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cabelas

Cabela’s 1000 Winchester 22lr for $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 9:13 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON

[Cabelas] Cabela’s 1000 Winchester 22lr for $69.99

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/39104/wi ... tId=131788

Under 7 cents per pew pew haven’t seen it this low in a while. Stock up!!!
signature removed for inappropriate content
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
Apologies for the noob question but are there any good Toronto resources for getting a license and starting to shoot for sport?
Jul 3, 2002
359 posts
134 upvotes
How is this ammo? Misfires and cleanliness vs cci mini mag or vs AE?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
aviator_13 wrote: Apologies for the noob question but are there any good Toronto resources for getting a license and starting to shoot for sport?
Number one question all the time!

For all Canada go here http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/safe ... eng.htm#a1

Ontario link there will take you toSearch here:
http://www.fseso.org/public-instructor-search

I’d recommend getting RPAL as well you may think you only want a 22 now but as time goes on you’ll dream bigger and life never makes it easy to go do another course. Get it all done while you can!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
474 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
orangem wrote: How is this ammo? Misfires and cleanliness vs cci mini mag or vs AE?
I don’t think anything this cheap is going to stack with CCI. I haven’t used AE 22lr. This stuff has a few misfires per hundred I’d say and isn’t dirtier than id expect.

My preferred is Federal for cheap stuff but this price will lure me in.
Dec 14, 2011
701 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
aviator_13 wrote: Apologies for the noob question but are there any good Toronto resources for getting a license and starting to shoot for sport?
As a complete beginner, the first thing you should do is to do your background research. Shooting for sport can be really fun but it gets VERY expensive (ex. $500/year range membership, multiple $1000 firearms, $300 optics, etc.) and ranges are usually an hour away from Toronto. The next step is to sign up to get your license. I did my PAL in Scarborough with Walter Bent (quick Google search will bring him up) and my RPAL at Target Sports. You can't go wrong with either instructor, I highly recommend both. You will easily pass the test if you just pay attention and listen to the instructors. No "studying" required.

If you're shooting for sport, you're probably going to want to get your RPAL. Your RPAL will allow you to purchase AR15's and pistols if you plan on doing 3-gun competitions or IPSC. Don't make the mistake I made and DO BOTH YOUR PAL AND RPAL TOGETHER!!!

By this point, you'll probably be on /r/canadaguns or canadiangunnutz forum where you'll find resources for competitions and IPSC

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1597 posts
1455 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: As a complete beginner, the first thing you should do is to do your background research. Shooting for sport can be really fun but it gets VERY expensive (ex. $500/year range membership, multiple $1000 firearms, $300 optics, etc.) and ranges are usually an hour away from Toronto. The next step is to sign up to get your license. I did my PAL in Scarborough with Walter Bent (quick Google search will bring him up) and my RPAL at Target Sports. You can't go wrong with either instructor, I highly recommend both. You will easily pass the test if you just pay attention and listen to the instructors. No "studying" required.

If you're shooting for sport, you're probably going to want to get your RPAL. Your RPAL will allow you to purchase AR15's and pistols if you plan on doing 3-gun competitions or IPSC. Don't make the mistake I made and DO BOTH YOUR PAL AND RPAL TOGETHER!!!

By this point, you'll probably be on /r/canadaguns or canadiangunnutz forum where you'll find resources for competitions and IPSC

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions
Only $300 optics on your $1000+ rifle? I must be doing something wrong :)
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
orangem wrote: How is this ammo? Misfires and cleanliness vs cci mini mag or vs AE?
It's horrible. Doesn't feed properly 10/22. Would never buy again.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1116 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
Had a horrible experience last time I bought cheap ammo
Jan 21, 2010
77 posts
14 upvotes
Hmm, good comments on the ammo. Was about to chime in that yes, I have had quite a few misfires with these on both of my firearms taking this ammunition.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
Not sure about this particular ammo, but I tried Winchester hollow points in my 10/22, and they were horrible. Did not group at all. The same rifle shoots about 1 MOA with CCI Mini-Mags.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Apr 18, 2008
646 posts
1198 upvotes
BC
DealPath wrote:
It's horrible. Doesn't feed properly 10/22. Would never buy again.
P0rkchop wrote: Had a horrible experience last time I bought cheap ammo
carbide wrote: Not sure about this particular ammo, but I tried Winchester hollow points in my 10/22, and they were horrible. Did not group at all. The same rifle shoots about 1 MOA with CCI Mini-Mags.
Can definitely confirm poopy pew pew snacks. My .22 is a single shot and hand loading a couple hundred of these rounds I found that they're simply poorly assembled. Sometimes the bullet could pop out like you were breaking the eraser off a pencil. Kind of scary, really.
Aug 17, 2017
216 posts
192 upvotes
Coquitlam
At UFA, REMINGTON thunderbolt 500 is always $35. I bought 5 boxes in last 2 years, never had any problems.
Mar 28, 2011
229 posts
210 upvotes
Local Ontarian Scotl…
Great price... %$%%$ ammo
Lapua is our friend )))
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3895 upvotes
Montreal
416vtyou wrote: (ex. $500/year range membership, multiple $1000 firearms, $300 optics, etc.) and ranges are usually an hour away from Toronto.
Yikes.

Info for interested Montrealers: range cost can be ~$300/year, and the ranges are on island (ie minutes away if they ever finish this incessant construction).

Firearms, well, you can always start by buying used.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1460 posts
742 upvotes
MandomRix wrote: Can definitely confirm poopy pew pew snacks. My .22 is a single shot and hand loading a couple hundred of these rounds I found that they're simply poorly assembled. Sometimes the bullet could pop out like you were breaking the eraser off a pencil. Kind of scary, really.
Good deal, agreed, terrible ammo though