[Cabelas] Cabela's #5 Meat Grinder ($50, reg $120) - *Hot*

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 11:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 12, 2004
895 posts
243 upvotes

[Cabelas] Cabela's #5 Meat Grinder ($50, reg $120) - *Hot*

Lowest it has been as far as I can find.
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/85859/ca ... at-grinder

Free shipping over $49 with code NYE2018
(I'm getting "Sorry, promo code not found" even though it is advertised on main page...)
cabelas_NYE2018.png

Been on sale for $70 before, see
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cabelas- ... 9-2092013/
cabelas-5-meat-grinder-69-99-reg-119-99 ... d-2076402/

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
• Powerful 400-watt motor quickly grinds wild or domestic meat
• Dual-sided cutting blade ensures correct installation
• Coarse and medium grinder plates
• Sausage stuffing funnels, sausage stuffing ring, meat stomper

Easily grind fresh domestic or game meats for delicious burgers, sausages, meatballs or chili with the powerful 400-watt AC motor and dual-sided cutting blade in our #5 Grinder. Two included grinder plates – medium (4-1/2-mm) and coarse (7-mm) – allow you to achieve your desired coarseness, while the two-sided cutting blade ensures correct installation and smooth cuts every time. Lightweight steel construction features a convenient carrying handle, cord storage area and large die-cast aluminum meat tray. Easy-to-operate push-button grinder head lock with qiuck release. Includes two sausage stuffing funnels, sausage stuffing ring and meat stomper. One-year limited warranty.
Dimensions: 12-1/4"L x 7-3/4"W x 14"H (31.1 cm x 19.6 cm x 35-1/2 cm)
Weight: 8-1/2 lb. (3.8 kg)

56 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1153 posts
575 upvotes
The 6
Great deal indeed. I do a lot of hunting up north. I love just venturing outside for a fresh kill. I clean the animal and make a bunch of different dishes which are frozen to consume later.

Would love to ground venison which can be a rather gamey meat.
May 9, 2014
200 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Amazing deal! Ordered. Thank you & Happy New Year!
Don't forget the NYE2018 code to waive the shipping cost.
Jan 1, 2014
34 posts
amazing, thanks OP, code didnt work but ordered anyways. I put in the comments to refund the shipping as the code is stated on the main page and customer service is closed today
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2481 posts
567 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 9:32 am
Great deal indeed. I do a lot of hunting up north. I love just venturing outside for a fresh kill. I clean the animal and make a bunch of different dishes which are frozen to consume later.

Would love to ground venison which can be a rather gamey meat.
Looks too small and under powered to do any quantity like a big game catch. Maybe OK for a couple of pounds bought at the store.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1454 posts
383 upvotes
Thank you OP, ordered, free shipping code worked for me.
Dec 19, 2016
71 posts
71 upvotes
Thanks Op, ordered one as a late Xmas gift for a friend. Also grabbed myself the black sherpa hoodie @ 50% :)

-free shipping code worked for me
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2990 posts
262 upvotes
CALGARY
Dont forget Cash Back Rebate: 2.0% @ GCR.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1675 posts
556 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks, free shipping code worked to KW for me also... Gonna have me a sausage party... :)
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1620 posts
239 upvotes
I am a bit hesitant between this one and the one from Princessauto:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8707127e

The princessauto model is #8 with 2/3 hp. This model from Cabela is #5 and hp is not mentioned but I am guessing it might be 1/3 hp. Is the PA model worth the extra $30? I don't know what is the manufacturer of the PA grinder though.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4978 posts
1468 upvotes
ON
simplylgg wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 2:09 pm
I am a bit hesitant between this one and the one from Princessauto:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8707127e

The princessauto model is #8 with 2/3 hp. This model from Cabela is #5 and hp is not mentioned but I am guessing it might be 1/3 hp. Is the PA model worth the extra $30? I don't know what is the manufacturer of the PA grinder though.
It says in the first post 400w what more do you need ?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2104 posts
1210 upvotes
Toronto
Very hot price. I bought a grinder after I read that fresh ground meat is the key at gourmet burger chains. Having had one for three years now I can confirm that the best burgers you'll ever eat are when you buy meat and grind it the day you're grilling. If you like burgers buy one of these, buy some sirloin steaks when they're on special - although my personal fave is a blend of brisket and bacon - and you won't be sorry.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2335 posts
134 upvotes
Winnipeg
I can't imagine using it for stuffing sausage as it shows. My manual crank, vertical sausage stuffer holds about 3lbs in the hopper. This grinder might hold 200g. You'd be hard pressed to keep up with the motor bedore your casings had a bung of air in them.

Decent looking grinder though.

As for the PA model, it would be backed by a lifetime warranty or issues if it's like anything else from there. Not sure about Cabela's.