Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cabelas

Cabela's - Air Rifles 10% off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2018 1:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON

[Cabelas] Cabela's - Air Rifles 10% off

All air rifles are 10% off at Cabela's at the moment. This includes high-powered nitro piston models as well. Free shipping over $99. PAL required if over 500FPS

Just picked up a .22 cal Benjamin Trail NP2: https://www.cabelas.ca/product/78087/be ... -air-rifle

The Gamo Shadow was a much better deal last week (cabelas-50-off-gamo-shadow-1250fps-air-rifle-2211165/), but hard to compare this spring powered gun against the Nitro Piston .22 model like the Trail NP2 which has a much higher FPE (ft. lbs. energy). FPS (ft/s) isn't the best indicator of how powerful the rifle is.

Disclaimer Regarding Firearms Posts on RFD:
  • Deals on firearms able to be legally purchased in Canada are allowed to be posted to RFD, as confirmed with moderators.
  • To legally purchase a firearm in Canada, you must first pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) / Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC), pass an RCMP background check, and hold a valid Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL).
  • Please refrain from posting your political view on firearms. There are other methods to do so, including posting in the "Off Topics" forum, or by writing your local MP/MPP.
  • As always, have a safe time shooting, ensure your firearms are properly locked/stored when not in use, and teach proper safe gun handling techniques to family and friends.
4 replies
Mar 7, 2017
808 posts
451 upvotes
Ham, ON
Just wanted to share one of the reviews on the site that I found useful:
"I bought this online due to the excellent reviews after about 5 months of research. I bought the .22 calibre and man does it have a punch! I'm shooting the Crossman Piranha .22, 14.3 grain and it shoots like a dream. The scope is okay. I might upgrade that after I play with it a bit more. This gun has a lot of power so make sure to treat it just like any other PAL required gun. I bought it for varmint control and it definitely does the job. Make sure to clean before you use it as it will improve the accuracy. I can get sub 4" holes at 50 yards. One thing though is the sound suppression baffles have to be removed and they will be if you order it online. Be prepared for a loud crack, even with the sub-sonic .22. It's about as loud as a regular rimfire .22 I find so far. If you are okay with a single load varmint gun that is fun, this is the best air gun out there that I've seen. I would have no hesitation recommending it. Only thing is maybe see how the scope feels for you. I may just switch to a red dot as it's a close range rifle. Great fun and cheap to shoot! Enjoy!"

Why do the sound baffles "need to"/"will be" removed on this? This review seems to imply they come installed if you purchase it in store, but you don't get them if you purchase it online? Can anyone comment on this?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
DealFixation wrote: Why do the sound baffles "need to"/"will be" removed on this? This review seems to imply they come installed if you purchase it in store, but you don't get them if you purchase it online? Can anyone comment on this?
There's a sticker on the box that says due to Michigan and Canadian laws, the firearm has been modified to remove the sound suppression baffles. It's likely due to laws not allowing sound suppression devices (silences) on firearms, and air rifles got grouped into the mix. It's unfortunate. I fired mine last night and it's loud, but I don't feels it's quite as loud as a .22 rimfire. It does make me wonder though if the baffles would make it noticeably quieter. I think it's one reason why the barrel on this model has a bigger diameter, so they could fit the baffles around the rifled bore.
Last edited by MarvinMartian on Aug 3rd, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
regarding pellet choice, I tried round, pointed, hollow and hollow pointed (volcano). They all buried about 1" deep into pressure treated lumber, but the hollow point and hollow pointed left a noticeably larger/disturbed hole on the target paper.

Scope is ok. Nothing to write home about, but will keep it on there for now. I rough adjusted it last night, but will have to fine adjust it when I can find time.
Mar 7, 2017
808 posts
451 upvotes
Ham, ON
MarvinMartian wrote: There's a sticker on the box that says due to Michigan and Canadian laws, the firearm has been modified to remove the sound suppression baffles. It's likely due to laws now allowing sound suppression devices (silences) on firearms, and air rifles got grouped into the mix. It's unfortunate. I fired mine last night and it's loud, but I don't feels it's quite as loud as a .22 rimfire. It does make me wonder though if the baffles would make it noticeably quieter. I think it's one reason why the barrel on this model has a bigger diameter, so they could fit the baffles around the rifled bore.
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking for quiet and, more importantly, small (& lightweight) break barrel to take backpacking. I think I will continue to hold out for something else. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.