Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Cabelas: Savage® Arms 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 7:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2210 posts
2706 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

[Cabelas] Cabelas: Savage® Arms 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles ($100 off)

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/110238/s ... int-rifles

Product Description

• Cabela's Exclusive
• Features Savage Arms' revolutionary, adjustable AccuTrigger
• Free-floating, button-rifled barrels are durable and accurate
• Synthetic stock with matte-blued finish
• Internal box magazine

Even when shooting long range in harsh prairie winds Savage® Arms' 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles ensure pesky prairie dogs and woodchucks don't stand a chance. Featuring a revolutionary, adjustable AccuTrigger™, button rifling and free-floating barrels, they're not only durable and super-accurate, they are also easy to clean. Carbon-steel barrel and receiver feature a matte blued finish and pillar bedding black synthetic stock. Different rates of twist stabilize heavier bullets on long-range shots. Drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Also includes an internal box magazine, oversized bolt handle, cut checkering, swivel studs and recoil pad.
Calibre Barrel
Length
(in) Capacity Finish Stock
Description Twist
Rate Length
(in) Weight
(lb)
Winchester 26" 4+1 Matte
Black Matte Black
Synthetic 1 in 10" 46" 8-3/4 lb.
6.5mm
Creedmoor 26" 4+1 Matte
Black Black
Synthetic 1 in 8" 46" 8-3/4 lb.

I can only see .308 Win. showing $499.99 as when I select 6.5 Creed in both mobile or desktop mode it just hangs (on Firefox) so I'm not sure if 6.5 Creed is also on sale.

Just to be clear, if you don't like guns then don't buy them or click away from this thread. Gun deals //ARE ALLOWED ON RFD//. To quote a mod here (Mr. Disco) from this thread
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cabelas- ... #p29026144

Mar 6th, 2018 11:35 am

#8 Report

MrDisco

Sep 30, 2001
26673 posts
5670 upvotes
Toronto

Just so everyone is clear:

- deals on legal firearms is allowed on this site.
- if this offends you, you have a number of options available. You can start a thread in the feedback forum voicing your displeasure. You can use your freewill and simply ignore the thread. You can write to your MP/MPP to have the laws changed and ban fireaarms. etc.
- threadcrapping in this thread won't be tolerated as it just leads to a complete breakdown in civility. if you wish to comment on the deal itself feel free to participate.
Hope everyone has a safe time shooting and take a friend and the kids shooting and learn proper safe gun handling and have a fun time.

Keep the chat gun related here.

EDIT:

Apr 6th, 2020 8:45 pm

#3 Report

Spud10909
Aug 2, 2018
37 posts
23 upvotes

It comes up as $449.99 for both the .308 and 6.5 creedmoor on my device. Thanks OP.

+1

Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Apr 6th, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2081 posts
1337 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
As soon as I read Varmint rifles, I thought of Red Dead Redemption 2.
Aug 2, 2018
43 posts
39 upvotes
It comes up as $449.99 for both the .308 and 6.5 creedmoor on my device. Thanks OP.
Dec 22, 2019
15 posts
63 upvotes
As always, thanks to OP for a firearms deal. Personally I own a savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP that has treated me well with no complaints on the quality of Savage products. It's taken down a couple of blacktail deer out here on the West Coast!
May 24, 2007
391 posts
103 upvotes
CoreShackJack wrote: As always, thanks to OP for a firearms deal. Personally I own a savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP that has treated me well with no complaints on the quality of Savage products. It's taken down a couple of blacktail deer out here on the West Coast!
I have the same in .308. It's been perfect and has dropped a few whitetail in Ontario.
Feb 3, 2005
982 posts
701 upvotes
If you buy in-store, dont' forget to fill out the survey on an old receipt (or buy a $1 sucker for a new receipt) and get $20 off the purchase.

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Feb 1, 2009
212 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if the firearms course is still being offered during covid?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2647 posts
933 upvotes
Kingston
roofster wrote: Does anyone know if the firearms course is still being offered during covid?
No as there’s a practical component to it.

So far I’ve avoided these calibers as I don’t hunt and want to keep things relatively cheap for target shooting. If I can get a handle on reloading I’ll look. Great prices for rifles though.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1355 posts
1067 upvotes
JC69 wrote: No as there’s a practical component to it.

So far I’ve avoided these calibers as I don’t hunt and want to keep things relatively cheap for target shooting. If I can get a handle on reloading I’ll look. Great prices for rifles though.
I reload .308 for $0.58 a round. The nice thing is I get tons of free brass at the range especially around hunting season. I would love a 6.5 but sadly no one shoots it at my range.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2647 posts
933 upvotes
Kingston
slayerwulf wrote: I reload .308 for $0.58 a round. The nice thing is I get tons of free brass at the range especially around hunting season. I would love a 6.5 but sadly no one shoots it at my range.
Is that the cheapest you can reload for?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1355 posts
1067 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Is that the cheapest you can reload for?
I could bring it down a bit using cheaper projectiles. I am reloading match grade with gmm primers.
Feb 24, 2020
17 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
roofster wrote: Does anyone know if the firearms course is still being offered during covid?
Almost all courses postponed to May 2020. You can register now, but expect that to be postponed too, if the government extends the current COVID-19 measures.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4092 posts
5200 upvotes
Vancouver
CoreShackJack wrote: As always, thanks to OP for a firearms deal. Personally I own a savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP that has treated me well with no complaints on the quality of Savage products. It's taken down a couple of blacktail deer out here on the West Coast!
OMG, just imagine, what could that gun do if you upgraded XP version to Windows 10!

Just joking, that is an excellent rifle you can get these days for like $600 with a scope included... Not my caliber though...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)