Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Crosman Shockwave Nitro Piston Air Rifle with Scope $149.99 (Reg. $249.99 40% off) - FREE SHIPPING (PAL Required)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2018 12:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1827 posts
990 upvotes
Kanata, ON

[Cabelas] Crosman Shockwave Nitro Piston Air Rifle with Scope $149.99 (Reg. $249.99 40% off) - FREE SHIPPING (PAL Required)

Cabela's has the Crosman Shockwave nitro piston air rifle on sale at the moment. Shoots up to 1200 fps.

Regularly $249.99, on sale for $149.99.
Free Shipping Code: Outdoors

Includes a CenterPoint 4x32mm riflescope
All-weather stock
Rifled steel barrel
Adjustable two-stage trigger

"Featuring the Nitro Piston technology, the Shockwave NP air rifle has reduced recoil and shoots with 70% less noise than other break barrels. With its rifled steel barrel, two-stage adjustable trigger and CenterPoint 4x32 mm scope, the Shockwave NP delivers power and accuracy in a contemporary package."

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/92517/cr ... with-scope

PAL Required for anything over 495 fps.

Disclaimer Regarding Firearms Posts on RFD:
  • Deals on firearms able to be legally purchased in Canada are allowed to be posted to RFD, as confirmed with moderators.
  • To legally purchase a firearm in Canada, you must first pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) / Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC), pass an RCMP background check, and hold a valid Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL).
  • Please refrain from posting your political view on firearms. There are other methods to do so, including posting in the "Off Topics" forum, or by writing your local MP/MPP.
  • As always, have a safe time shooting, ensure your firearms are properly locked/stored when not in use, and teach proper safe gun handling techniques to family and friends.
33 replies
Feb 1, 2012
442 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal
I have seen a whole lot of cabelas deal and I am keen in trying this new hobby.

I do apologize in advance for high jacking the thread.

Would any kind soul guide me to how to get my paper work straight. And for the record, I have a regular 9to5 job, so I cannot claim to use it for my protection.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6883 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto
KT2312 wrote: I have seen a whole lot of cabelas deal and I am keen in trying this new hobby.

Would any kind soul guide me to how to get my paper work straight. And for the record, I have a regular 9to5 job, so I cannot claim to use it for my protection.
It would be a lot simpler, and maybe cheaper, to buy a less powerful airgun that does under 500fps, so no license needed.

See if you enjoy using it before going through all the rigamarole and expense of something more powerful.
Feb 13, 2008
349 posts
114 upvotes
Hamilton
KT2312 wrote: I have seen a whole lot of cabelas deal and I am keen in trying this new hobby.
There is no such thing in Canada as buying/using a firearm for protection.

Read these 2 web pages:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/info ... er-eng.htm
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/safe ... ur-eng.htm
Apr 26, 2010
299 posts
1355 upvotes
BC

Here is a youtube video that goes over the bascis:

Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1172 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
One thing to note anything over 1000fps and you really lose any type of accuracy. Would suggest if you buy to use heavier pellets and see which it likes best. The heavier pellets will slow down your FPS.

To get your PAL is real easy, just takes time to process and you may expect a few months before you get it.

Ps I have a Benjamin marauder in .25 I get 3/4-1/2 groups at 75 yards and I’m a newbie at this.
Jan 18, 2006
219 posts
220 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes
I've got a few pellet and BB rifles, pistols... All are under 500 fps, very fun to shoot cans, targets... Recently picked up the famous Red Ryder BB rifle (the one from that Christmas movie), super fun and really cheap... Bought at Walmart in Plattsburgh for 25$ us... Even declared it at customs, the guards saw me coming up, "is that a Red Ryder?" I said ya, they turned around and said I was good to go :)
Dec 18, 2013
329 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver
Hijacking to see if anyone can recommend some sort of a cheapy BB gun or something that I can use to shoot at pigeons on my balcony?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1172 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
teemaxx wrote: Hijacking to see if anyone can recommend some sort of a cheapy BB gun or something that I can use to shoot at pigeons on my balcony?
Not cool. BB gun won’t be enough to humanely dispatch a pigeon and probably illegal in Vancouver city limits.
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
8058 posts
4280 upvotes
ON
Battscrew wrote: Not cool. BB gun won’t be enough to humanely dispatch a pigeon and probably illegal in Vancouver city limits.
Head shots. No problem.
As for the legality, probably not kosher within city limits unless in a farm.
Jan 24, 2008
23 posts
22 upvotes
...and if you miss, that BB will still break windows easily. Seriously, don't do it.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3183 posts
1937 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
dilligafeh wrote: Head shots. No problem.
As for the legality, probably not kosher within city limits unless in a farm.
Many municipalities have bylaws against discharging a firearm within city limits. The wording of the bylaw will vary, but BB/pellet guns are usually included.
Dec 18, 2013
329 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't care so much about the legality of it (with the money laundering and various other frauds going on in plain sight, Vancouver is basically the wild * west when it comes to law enforcement nowadays), but don't want something powerful enough that it could crack a window.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3183 posts
1937 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
teemaxx wrote: I don't care so much about the legality of it (with the money laundering and various other frauds going on in plain sight, Vancouver is basically the wild * west when it comes to law enforcement nowadays), but don't want something powerful enough that it could crack a window.
Imagine the embarrassment you will experience when the tactical unit arrives at your door, after a neighbour sees "some guy" on a balcony pointing a gun around. Fraud and money laundering don't usually get people calling 911.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1950 posts
589 upvotes
Markham
Let me remind people....anything below 500fps does not require a firearm license to purchase.
However, in the eyes of RCMP, these air rifles / guns are treated as firearms for purposes of both the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code.
Be very careful where/how you use these air rifles (<500fps).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-f ... ir-eng.htm