Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cabelas

Gamo® Red Alert 1911 Air Pistol (Full Metal Body -$59.99, Reg 119.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 12:35 pm
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1849 posts
1299 upvotes
I assume you can't use this in your backyard to shoot targets? You have to go into the woods or somewhere away from the city where there's no people?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
PatrickB012050 wrote: I highly doubt any kind of airgun could cause health-treatening issue anyway.
If you aim for the eyes you would definitely send them to the ER and they may even lose their vision. Even worse if you use pellets instead of BB balls.
Watch this
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
RCML27 wrote: I assume you can't use this in your backyard to shoot targets? You have to go into the woods or somewhere away from the city where there's no people?
Some cities have bylaws against it. Some don't care. All you risk is a fine (just like a parking fine), it's not a criminal issue. Google is your friend.
Aug 17, 2012
417 posts
449 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought one of these last time it was on sale. I took a test shot at the floor on laminate and it bounced and took out a window. Haven't used it since I realize it's too dangerous to use it indoors and I think i might scare the neighbors if I use it in my backyard.
Aug 12, 2010
882 posts
533 upvotes
I prefer the longer muzzle .22 calibre pellet pistols. Those hurt a lot more and are all metal construction.
Dec 1, 2018
514 posts
567 upvotes
PatrickB012050 wrote: I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad? Lol sorry for the stupid question, I know nothing about BB gun.
Secondary question if they are too weak: Would they be fine for shooting at squirrel WITHOUT hurting them (Just annoy them)? (Goal is the get them to leave the birds feeders alone)
For your rober question, maybe get duals like neo.

But pls no animals because this is strong enough to seriously injure them or worse
Jul 12, 2010
61 posts
46 upvotes
Rubberbiscuit wrote: See http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a4

"Some of these items are exempted from the definition only if they were designed exclusively for a specific purpose and are intended to be used exclusively for that purpose by the person who possesses it. However, all of the items listed below are considered to be firearms if used in a criminal or negligent manner." (emphasis added)
Air guns and other barreled weapons designed to have:
A muzzle velocity of 152.4 meters per second or less and/or
A muzzle energy of 5.7 joules or less.

This is exactly it, thanks for clarifying.
Mar 4, 2007
738 posts
734 upvotes
Halifax
PatrickB012050 wrote: I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad? Lol sorry for the stupid question, I know nothing about BB gun.
Secondary question if they are too weak: Would they be fine for shooting at squirrel WITHOUT hurting them (Just annoy them)? (Goal is the get them to leave the birds feeders alone)
You genuinely sound like a bad person. Go away.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
cheruboo wrote: You genuinely sound like a bad person. Go away.
Please clarify. I dont like your usage of the words "bad person" to describe me, nor do I understand why you used those words.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2018
201 posts
151 upvotes
Don't shoot this thing at any animal unless your life or someone you love is in danger from that animal.

As for burglar, if you having nothing else to defend yourself...then at least this fake gun will help you...worth taking a chance. Safe to call 911 first and then use this thing to protect yourself and your loved ones till cops show up. My 2 cents.
================================================
When you start loving pain, you must know end is near !!!
================================================
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8902 upvotes
Vancouver
freeduty wrote: Don't shoot this thing at any animal unless your life or someone you love is in danger from that animal.

As for burglar, if you having nothing else to defend yourself...then at least this fake gun will help you...worth taking a chance. Safe to call 911 first and then use this thing to protect yourself and your loved ones till cops show up. My 2 cents.
Can't tell if this is a joke or not
Apr 14, 2017
749 posts
717 upvotes
PatrickB012050 wrote: I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad?
You'll do more damage if you throw it at him.
Dec 15, 2017
35 posts
10 upvotes
NakedAngel wrote: Is it still the blowback version?
Wish this was clear. The image shows non-blowback version and there is no mention of it in description. In the old thread it appeared everyone received the blowback version.
Jun 9, 2012
505 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
If your goal is to scare (a) burglar(s) away, a blank gun is far more effective as it sounds like the real thing and can wake up the neighborhood to stop the robbery in process while not shooting a projectile out which can 1. Damage your own property 2. Injure or harm someone which 3. You could avoid charges from the police for assault.

Using a BB gun will not stop a burglar, cause as soon as they hear the CO2 gas being released they will know you are holding a BB gun. Of course if they see you holding a BB gun, that might scare them off, but that would mean putting yourself in closer distance to the burglar which might not end well for you.
May 12, 2012
696 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
PilotInTraining wrote: So, I'm pretty sure both of those things are illegal.

Lets imagine a burglar showed up to your house and you pull out your "gun". What are the odds the burglar has his own, real, gun?
Probably not that high. Unlike in the US, gun ownership is much much lower, so someone committing a B&E would likely not have a firearm. Also, using the weapon in self defense is legal, similar to using a baseball bat or kitchen dishes. And, depending on municipal laws/provincial laws, you may also be fine to shoot at rodents.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Be sure that when you shoot your gun at a burglar, anything that is going to be damaged from the bb gun will probably not be covered by your home insurance. It's safer to have things stolen and covered by your home insurance rather than escalate things with your robber and make permanent damage.