Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Sig Sauer MPX 9mm Carbine Rifle (RPAL Required) - Reg. $2099.99 on sale $1599.99 w/FS

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2019 8:02 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
323 posts
1436 upvotes
BC

[Cabelas] Sig Sauer MPX 9mm Carbine Rifle (RPAL Required) - Reg. $2099.99 on sale $1599.99 w/FS

Very good price, lowest of all the retailers from what I've seen.

Restricted, so RPAL required.

The modular Sig Sauer® MPX Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifle maintains the ergonomic superiority of the short-barrel rifle and pistol variants, but with a 16" barrel. Completely ambidextrous, the Sig Sauer® MPX Carbine is great for left- or right-handed shooters with its dual-sided selector switch, magazine release, charging handle and bolt release. The Sig Sauer® MPX operates from a fully-closed and locked rotating bolt, offering enhanced reliability and safety in use. A short-stroke gas piston allows the Sig Sauer® MPX to run all weights and brands of 9mm ammunition with no adjustments to the gas valve. A full-length picatinny rail allows for solid, consistent mounting of optics and targeting lasers.
14 replies
Aug 28, 2016
242 posts
422 upvotes
I just can’t say yes to a 9mm AR. Not now, not ever. Has to be .223 or 300 blackout for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1476 posts
1217 upvotes
Mike2258 wrote: I just can’t say yes to a 9mm AR. Not now, not ever. Has to be .223 or 300 blackout for me.
I thought the same but when you go out to the range for a full day and only spend $50. You start to see the appeal.
Sep 18, 2002
53 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Needed something to replace my 9mm pistol...My account is so empty... good thing for credit cards :)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2878 posts
1273 upvotes
Kingston
statick wrote: What would you need something like this for unless you're moving to Syria or Afghanistan? =D
Forget the macho crap answers above. This is a 9mm ammunition rifle that is cheaper to fire at the range, about 20-30c or less a cartridge I think. You can only use this at a range, nowhere else. Carrying it anywhere else means ban/fines/bad news. It looks military but it’s just an updated design for a gun. You’d find exactly (or similar) the same performance with a rifle that has a traditional wooden stock that doesn’t look so military. The design allows you to put scopes on easily and adjust the stock for a personalized fit.

Do people need it? No. But if you like shooting at a range it’s cheaper to use than some other caliber weapons.
Jul 3, 2002
266 posts
83 upvotes
Great gun; great price! I would have bought it in a heartbeat if is non-restricted . I am steering more towards a FX-9 for a 9mm non-restricted PCC. SIG has an awesome warranty btw
Last edited by orangem on May 31st, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 7, 2017
681 posts
323 upvotes
Ham, ON
orangem wrote: Though is a SIG with their awesome warranty.
What do you mean? What is their warranty service reputation like?
Jul 3, 2002
266 posts
83 upvotes
Excuse me for my wordings. SiG warranty is superb.
They send me a part under warranty no questions asked. Superb
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2878 posts
1273 upvotes
Kingston
The mag in the pic is huge, it has to come with a smaller one for Canada.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
323 posts
1436 upvotes
BC
JC69 wrote: The mag in the pic is huge, it has to come with a smaller one for Canada.
Yeah the Canadian version wouldn't have standard capacity mags, they would be pinned to 5.
Apr 2, 2015
328 posts
442 upvotes
Siberia
This rifle is very niche and I don't really think it makes sense in Canada. For less money you can get more bang for your buck in the form of the Beretta CX4 or Thureon Defence or FX-9, all non restricted and not limited to 5 Rd proprietary magazines.

The price is good for a well made SIG but I just don't see the point of it in Canada.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
323 posts
1436 upvotes
BC
Jone19 wrote: This rifle is very niche and I don't really think it makes sense in Canada. For less money you can get more bang for your buck in the form of the Beretta CX4 or Thureon Defence or FX-9, all non restricted and not limited to 5 Rd proprietary magazines.

The price is good for a well made SIG but I just don't see the point of it in Canada.
I suppose you could say that about any restricted rifle in Canada.

At least with this one you can shoot a rifle at the range for the price of a pistol... and it's a SIG :)