Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II .223 Rem. Semi-Automatic Tactical Rifle

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 1:18 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 11, 2013
58 posts
86 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC

[Cabelas] Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II .223 Rem. Semi-Automatic Tactical Rifle

Very highly rated semi-auto restricted rifle. I've been waiting for this guy to go back on sale, I realize it's been on sale for even cheaper but this is the cheapest I've been able to find in Canada for the time being.

Edit: according to the Alberta CFO - you do not need a proof of gun range membership to buy a restricted. Just an FYI
Last edited by pdogg93 on Dec 2nd, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Member
Nov 23, 2017
210 posts
134 upvotes
Every rpal holder should grab a stripped lower at the very least.
Member
Apr 26, 2010
324 posts
1441 upvotes
BC
Thanks OP.

Great rifle at a great price. I'm very happy with mine.

*
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 2nd, 2019 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT forum for politics
Newbie
Sep 2, 2019
55 posts
34 upvotes
Sorry to hijack but where can we get automatic rifles here in Canada? Thanks
Sr. Member
May 26, 2005
791 posts
535 upvotes
Hsv360 wrote: Sorry to hijack but where can we get automatic rifles here in Canada? Thanks
As a civilian, you cannot. Only the Canadian Forces and police are able to have automatic weapons.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17931 posts
20114 upvotes
Hsv360 wrote: Sorry to hijack but where can we get automatic rifles here in Canada? Thanks
I don't believe Canada has a gun dealers exception, or if it does it's extremely narrow. Maybe museums if they're pre-1946 per the existing regulation.

Otherwise: Become a US Gun Dealer and sell to the US government, maybe move to the 'burbs of Vegas. It's the only way you'll be cleared to own these weapons.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2661 posts
1013 upvotes
Ottawa
Hsv360 wrote: Sorry to hijack but where can we get automatic rifles here in Canada? Thanks
If you practice enough you could probably shoot what seems to be as fast as automatic and still be on target. Some of those competition shooters are so ridiculously fast its scary.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2018
41 posts
49 upvotes
Excellent rifle. I picked one up earlier this year from Al Flaherty’s. Mine works perfectly with the 10 round Mission First plastic pistol magazines.

I like it because it has lots of doodads to play with - flip up rear sight, forward assist, dust cover, bolt release, charging handle, telescoping stock.
Member
Aug 24, 2011
220 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
roastpuff wrote: As a civilian, you cannot. Only the Canadian Forces and police are able to have automatic weapons.
Wrong...There are several classifications that firearms fall into...the most common ones today are Restricted and Non-Restricted.
Non-Restricted are 'generally' your brown guns ( called that because they are your 22 rifles, hunting rifles and shotguns ) which gets their name from having a Brown stock. As soon as they get evil BLACK stocks and furniture they 'generally' become Restricted.
Restricted firearms are 'generally' ALL handguns and 'generally' AR style and AK style rifles and other 'military style' rifles.
I won't get into the timetable and changes to the Firearms Act in Canada but there are THOUSANDS of private citizens in Canada that own PROHIBITED Firearms. This is a catagory that new firearms owners cannot get into. If you have a PAL with the proper allowances you can own those firearms .
12(2) FULL AUTO rifles and (yes) pistols...M16, AKs, G3s, UZIs, the great Tommy guns, etc and Beretta 93Rs
12(4) Converted Full Autos and special exceptions Steyr Augs, HKs, UZIs
12(6) Certain Handguns having a barrel length less than 105mm, All .380,32acp,and 25acp pistols

If you subscribe to the Canadian Gun Forums sites, you will see Full Autos and other Prohibited Firearms listed for sale every day. It is anti-gun media hype that gives the impression that 'full auto=crime', they have existed in Canadian culture since the early 1900s.
Last edited by whozzdatguy on Dec 2nd, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Sep 16, 2010
399 posts
459 upvotes
Ontario
whozzdatguy wrote: Wrong...There are several classifications that firearms fall into...the most common ones today are Restricted and Non-Restricted.
Non-Restricted are 'generally' your brown guns ( called that because they are your 22 rifles, hunting rifles and shotguns ) which gets their name from having a Brown stock. As soon as they get evil BLACK stocks and furniture they 'generally' become Restricted.
Restricted firearms are 'generally' ALL handguns and 'generally' AR style and AK style rifles and other 'military style' rifles.
I won't get into the timetable and changes to the Firearms Act in Canada but there are THOUSANDS of private citizens in Canada that own PROHIBITED Firearms. This is a catagory that new firearms owners cannot get into. If you have a PAL with the proper allowances you can own those firearms .
12(2) FULL AUTO rifles and (yes) pistols...M16, AKs, G3s, UZIs,etc and Beretta 93Rs
12(4) Converted Full Autos and special exceptions Steyr Augs, HKs, UZIs
12(6) Certain Handguns having a barrel length less than 105mm, All .380,32acp,and 25acp pistols
Saying "generally ALL handguns" is misinformation or misinformed.

You assurtion that thousands of Canadians have full auto weapons is also wrong.

Don't spread scare tactics.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal op.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1385 posts
1780 upvotes
Every canadian should own at least one AR15. If you don't, get licenced and buy one.

*
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 2nd, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
rationalxde wrote: Is this restricted in Canada?
You need r in order to own one. Pal alone will not cut it.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member
Mar 15, 2008
304 posts
129 upvotes
Its a great deal and I probably would have picked it up last year, but I would personally just buy a stripped lower until Trudeau reveals the details of his gun grab. They've only earmarked $250 million for confiscation so I suspect payouts will be very low.

At least if you buy a stripped lower and are hoping to be grandfathered in to some new prohib class, the investment is low if it doesnt happen (looks unlikely that it will happen).
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
592 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
fyi - Nothing is certain yet but depending what they define as an "assault style rifle this semi-rifle plausibly may be banned by the government in not to distant future. Its talking about a buy-out for existing owners. The buy-out may or may not be for the paid value of the gun (minority government so not sure if its going to happen or details yet)

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/10/03/liberal ... le-buyout/
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2013
146 posts
114 upvotes
Saskatoon
JustinS6 wrote: Saying "generally ALL handguns" is misinformation or misinformed.

You assurtion that thousands of Canadians have full auto weapons is also wrong.

Don't spread scare tactics.
Whozzdatguy stated specifics with references to the act.

State some facts with reference.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
whozzdatguy wrote: Wrong...
Technically speaking, yes OP is wrong.
However, logically speaking, you're wrong which you covered with this line:
This is a catagory that new firearms owners cannot get into.

Generally speaking, if you have to ask, you can't have it. Anyone asking today isn't going to be able to get one.
If you subscribe to the Canadian Gun Forums sites, you will see Full Autos and other Prohibited Firearms listed for sale every day.
That doesn't mean that anyone but a very select group of people can actually buy them.
If I had a 12(anything) my saleable market is ridiculously tiny.
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 11, 2013
58 posts
86 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Hey all just a quick question - what's the latest with Alberta's CFO and requiring a range membership for restricted firearms? I've read that as of Jan 2018, proof of range memberships are not required at least in AB. Any info would be awesome.

Top