Deal Link:
Savings:
20% bonus
Expiry:
November 27, 2017
Retailer:
Cactus Club Cafe
More offers from Cactus Club Cafe
Get a 20% promotional bonus gift card when you spend between $100-$499 on cactus club e-gift cards (Nov 24-27 2017)
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4325 posts
726 upvotes
Edmonton
Jaytee wrote: Hell no. Cactus Club will never be forgiven for not allowing Stroman in. I'm embarrassed for even going there once.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays ... -game.html
Seriously? One tweet with next to no information molds your life or is enough to make an informed choice?

CC is a good joint and happy hours are the best. Some times the service is not the best and they do have weird rules but end of the day it’s just a food joint like any others.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Oct 31, 2006
580 posts
131 upvotes
So a restaurant that didn't give in to the entitlement of a professional athlete should not be forgiven?

I'd rather praise them for not putting a celebrity over myself and others. If I have to wait 30 mins, so does he.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5195 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto
Paymethemoney wrote: So a restaurant that didn't give in to the entitlement of a professional athlete should not be forgiven?

I'd rather praise them for not putting a celebrity over myself and others. If I have to wait 30 mins, so does he.
Guess you didn't actually read the article. He had a reservation with his family. He was turned away because of the way he looked/dressed.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7186 posts
1965 upvotes
T dot 6
Max_Dealing wrote: Seriously? One tweet with next to no information molds your life or is enough to make an informed choice?

CC is a good joint and happy hours are the best. Some times the service is not the best and they do have weird rules but end of the day it’s just a food joint like any others.
The one time I went to CC to meet my friend, the bouncers were on both sides of the front door eyeing me as I approached. Any other restaurant I just walk right in. At CC because they are staring at me, I actually asked them if I could go in. They go yes. That's their first impression they leave. I never felt so uncomfortable going into a restaurant/lounge before. They want to have the air of exclusivity when it's just pretentious.

Other places like Earls have security guards that are "under cover" and blend in and to look like customers.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5113 posts
1903 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote: The one time I went to CC to meet my friend, the bouncers were on both sides of the front door eyeing me as I approached. Any other restaurant I just walk right in. At CC because they are staring at me, I actually asked them if I could go in. They go yes. That's their first impression they leave. I never felt so uncomfortable going into a restaurant/lounge before. They want to have the air of exclusivity when it's just pretentious.

Other places like Earls have security guards that are "under cover" and blend in and to look like customers.
Earl's is not a ritzy place....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7186 posts
1965 upvotes
T dot 6
rebel_rfd wrote: Earl's is not a ritzy place....
Joeys, Earls, CC, Ki, Reds, 0&B etc. They all the same in my eyes, trying to chase Bay St expense accounts.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 2, 2012
677 posts
167 upvotes
SASKATOON
ProfessorChaos wrote: Guess you didn't actually read the article. He had a reservation with his family. He was turned away because of the way he looked/dressed.
Did you read the article? The Star one posted says nothing about him having reservations with his family, nor does it say he was turned away because of the way he looked/dressed.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10071 posts
2662 upvotes
i had an excellent meal when i went here in Downtown Calgary.
Aug 30, 2015
621 posts
852 upvotes
BC
In for $150 - bunch of gifts done and free food for me. Virtual thanks OP