• Jan 20th, 2023 7:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
118 posts
77 upvotes
Niagara Region

Caddle - nearing its end ?

Althought I am not very systematic cashback sites user, but it seems to me that the Caddle site has less and less products available.

Comparing to Checkout51, for example, Caddle has like roughly 10 times products less.

What's more, their processing times are much longer than Checkout51.

I wonder if they are in a state of a decline now ?

I remember that it was similar story with Snap site -- lots of products at the beginning, less and less later on, and then the abrupt end.

Your thoughts ?

48 replies
Sep 30, 2001
29570 posts
9085 upvotes
Toronto
Caddle has always had a limited selection in my opinion but they have been offering the weekly Costco rebates and the daily surveys so I'm optimistic they'll be around for a little longer.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
5240 posts
1773 upvotes
Ontario
uuuu7777 wrote: Althought I am not very systematic cashback sites user, but it seems to me that the Caddle site has less and less products available.

Comparing to Checkout51, for example, Caddle has like roughly 10 times products less.

What's more, their processing times are much longer than Checkout51.

I wonder if they are in a state of a decline now ?

I remember that it was similar story with Snap site -- lots of products at the beginning, less and less later on, and then the abrupt end.

Your thoughts ?

You might be on to something here. New offers are no longer appearing very often. Old offers start the new weekly cycle on Thursday morning with "few left" messages. Friends have told me of having receipts arbitrarily declined.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
118 posts
77 upvotes
Niagara Region
minimalist wrote: You might be on to something here. New offers are no longer appearing very often. Old offers start the new weekly cycle on Thursday morning with "few left" messages. Friends have told me of having receipts arbitrarily declined.

To be honest, I don't recall any new offers since introduction of the new app a month ago.
What is left on the list, gets processed very inconsistently -- I, too, experienced firsthand unexplained declines, sometimes of the very same articles which were approved without any problems before.
What's worse, the messages sent to their support team stay unanswered -- in one case, it's almost a month.

Not to mention, that the app crashes all the time, often not allowing to upload receipts.
And the daily surveys pay so little, that answering them is hardly worth the electricity needed to power the screen :-(

It seems to me, that their Dragon Den seed money run out, and there is not enough momentum to run the thing on its own.
I don't like to sound like Cassandra, but it doesn't look good...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1330 posts
1914 upvotes
I'm sad to see it go. I've got approx. $150 of free food since December 2019. Some of them money maker, price matching, using coupons, and points offer.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1085 posts
452 upvotes
ontario
Cashed out. Last couple weeks multiple offers declined, no speck of support from email or Twitter. I can't be bothered, will be interesting to see if this check even gets sent out.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
5240 posts
1773 upvotes
Ontario
lots of negative comments on their Twitter regarding arbitrarily declined receipts, claims to not being able to see receipts, extremely slow processing, etc. might be time to jump ship!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1295 posts
645 upvotes
Seems to me like they're getting most of their info from the surveys right now. They even send weekly emails with the survey results, and it's clear they put time into writing the copy. I think that's where their business is going and less toward the cash back on specific products. I wrote to them once about the arbitrary declines and they said they have problems with the app on specific devices. I think it's a staffing issue,
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
5240 posts
1773 upvotes
Ontario
ariel wrote: Seems to me like they're getting most of their info from the surveys right now. They even send weekly emails with the survey results, and it's clear they put time into writing the copy. I think that's where their business is going and less toward the cash back on specific products. I wrote to them once about the arbitrary declines and they said they have problems with the app on specific devices. I think it's a staffing issue,
Only had two offers today: Costco receipts and Hello Fresh. Doing a daily 5 cent survey every day will take you 400 days to collect the minimum $20 cheque cash out.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1295 posts
645 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Only had two offers today: Costco receipts and Hello Fresh. Doing a daily 5 cent survey every day will take you 400 days to collect the minimum $20 cheque cash out.
Oh yes I know 5 cents a day is not worth the time, but I was just suggesting that is where their money is coming from right now.

I think the cash back apps in general will have a tough time. If you have to order 2 weeks in advance, you can't buy things they are enticing you to buy
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1085 posts
452 upvotes
ontario
Has the app been deleted from the Google Play store? I uninstalled BC it kept asking for my bday, and then telling me it's wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
5240 posts
1773 upvotes
Ontario
Their daily survey was not working this morning. It was there but couldn't proceed when tapping. Getting sloppy....??
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1085 posts
452 upvotes
ontario
Just wanted to let you guys know, I did receive my check in the mail yesterday. I have also found it easier to submit receipts on their website. So far no rejections.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2981 posts
1628 upvotes
B.C.
So far Caddle has been the best of these kinds of things I've used. They process faster than the rest.

They have however sent me in a loop a few times with the coldfx cash back. I submitted my amazon receipt and it was rejected since it didn't have the tracking number, then I resubmitted the final invoice with the tracking number showing delivered - then I got the same canned response and it said if this is an error submit the receipt again - then they rejected it since it was late. I returned that one anyways since the Costco offer was better.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2870 posts
5003 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone having problems.

I had almost $20 in the account, now it is cleaned out.

Can't load account details.....

Anyone able to log in?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2981 posts
1628 upvotes
B.C.
Kishnabe wrote: Anyone having problems.

I had almost $20 in the account, now it is cleaned out.

Can't load account details.....

Anyone able to log in?
I just tried and couldn't log in.
Nov 3, 2016
295 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Same issue. I can't log in at all using the app and the website tells me it's unable to load account details. It says my email has not yet been validated and when I click 'resend validation email' it says there was a problem.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
5240 posts
1773 upvotes
Ontario
Couldn't login this morning but now can.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4407 posts
5163 upvotes
Ontario
lennyandcarl wrote: I just tried and couldn't log in.
Adelie wrote: Same issue. I can't log in at all using the app and the website tells me it's unable to load account details. It says my email has not yet been validated and when I click 'resend validation email' it says there was a problem.
Kishnabe wrote: Still unable to log in.
I too wasn't able to login since Wed via the app or a browser.