Food & Drink

Cadium in costcos rodelle cacoa?

[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
92 posts
18 upvotes

Cadium in costcos rodelle cacoa?

I purchase costcos rodelle organic baking cocoa and i drink almost daily about 3 tbsp. It motivates me and gives me energy lifts my mood.. etc.
I cannot drink coffee as i get the jitters bad and my anxiety skyrockets.
Have NO clue why cacoa i have zero of either but it works. (Anyone who might know chime in)
But I heard cadium is in cocoas and cacoa.
How do i know how much cadium is in this product. And is there a better one that I can purchase.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1005 posts
112 upvotes
*cadmium....
but I have added the tag for your convenience.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6816 posts
3801 upvotes
Mississauga
Cadmium? I’m guessing it may be an essential element for the body but the metal is highly toxic (LD50 of 200-300 mg/kg)
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
92 posts
18 upvotes
Doesn't matter. The question hasnt been answered.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6816 posts
3801 upvotes
Mississauga
To find out how much cadmium is in cocoa, you either get a certificate of analysis from the manufacturer (and hope they analyzed for heavy metals) or you send a sample to a testing lab and pay for the answer.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4431 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto
Cadmium in cocoa is a valid concern, but not for most people because you have to eat a lot of it regularly and the amount of real cocoa in a typical brand name chocolate/candy bar is probably not much.

But 3 tablespoons of pure cocoa daily sounds like a lot...

My understanding is that it's an issue with cocoa from Latin America, so finding some that's grown elsewhere (if possible) would be better. Have you tried tea or "half caf" (1/2 decaf, 1/2 regular) to lower the amount of caffeine?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
92 posts
18 upvotes
I cant drink coffee as because of anxiety. So Im looking at purchasing choffee now or ciau bru. Again concerned on cadmium.
I need the energy and the positive vibe as im flat. I dont want to go on antidepressants.
Drinking the rodelles has been great. It’s about 3 tablespoons every day to every other day. But the company won’t let me know the levels of metal etc in it. in it. As well they are trying to say there isn’t ANY but that’s just a lie. Any Cacoa (not cocoa) that has been turned into powder has cadmium in it doesnt that Im aware of.
Images
  • 504A4277-4984-43C3-9CEA-E6C324D561FE.png
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5145 posts
1623 upvotes
Abbottabad
RFD needs a paid spell or grammar checker. Hurts my brain when trying to read these shit posts.