• Apr 7th, 2020 2:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
548 posts
282 upvotes

Caesars Entertainment reopens bookings for their properties in Vegas

Just got an email from Caesars Entertainment regards their Las Vegas hotels

Is this light at the end of the tunnel for Sin City?

They've dusted off the reservation list & are open for business!

As of today they're once again taking hotel reservations

And starting Friday May 3rd Caesars hopes those reservations turn into on site guests.

Room rates are deeply discounted with the ability to cancel your room up until 3 p.m. the day of your arrival.

Desperate for business but I think this is premature.

Your thoughts are welcome
Last edited by unclefester on Apr 3rd, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
10 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15863 posts
13085 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Crazy ...

When is America gonna get a clue on this ?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36153 posts
10256 upvotes
Ottawa
I think Caesars is a bit premature as well. I think they have been listening to Trump and believing him LOL
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
3033 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Money grab? They take your money now and flights don't operate by then so you can't get there. Or they don't re-open by then but don't honour a full refund.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1566 posts
449 upvotes
Mississauga
Stupid, people who book are even stupider . I guess u cant fix STUPID.
"With today's sheep mentality sometimes I feel like going to a wall and just bang my head"
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18505 posts
2877 upvotes
Langley
Opening in May... that's a bit of a gamble.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2968 upvotes
smartfood wrote: Money grab? They take your money now and flights don't operate by then so you can't get there. Or they don't re-open by then but don't honour a full refund.
I think this is the answer. The industry in Vegas is losing gobs and gobs of money by being closed. Most (all?) hotel reservations in Vegas require deposits so I see this as not only being extremely optimistic on their part that they can start getting back to normal but as a cash infusion. They still have bills to pay and why not get consumers to finance it for them for free?

I do not, foresee, not being able to get full refunds if cancellations become necessary due to the pandemic.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2684 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just a ploy by their CFO to get some cash flow. Same reason airlines are still allowing bookings.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16132 posts
4958 upvotes
London
They likely have contractual commitments to supply blocks of rooms for conventions that haven't announced cancellations yet.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15863 posts
13085 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
i6s1 wrote: Opening in May... that's a bit of a gamble.
Lol ... bit of a GAMBLE
Yup, that’s what Vegas is known for
Wonder who’s taking odds on this ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2957 upvotes
keenland
PointsHubby wrote: Lol ... bit of a GAMBLE
Yup, that’s what Vegas is known for
Wonder who’s taking odds on this ?
well the odds maker and vegas guys aren't stupid people...their action of closing for a month in unison and basically quarantining the city for that month may be a calculated risk on the financial side with the hope that the curve flattens by then and they are open for business...actuary's (odds makers) aren't dumb people