• Feb 22nd, 2018 12:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 14, 2010
72 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Caesarstone vs. Silestone vs. Cambria

Hi RFD,

Doing my reno in a month, and shopping for a quartz counter top (just personal preference) Any experience with Caesarstone, Silestone, or Cambria?
Just came across with these brands, but not sure what's the differences in terms of quality. Its going to be a small area, so pricing is not a deal breaker.
Appreciate for your feedback. Thank you!
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5548 posts
3124 upvotes
Ottawa
Not much between them, IMO. We went with Caesarstone but that was because we liked a particular colour/pattern that was in their catalogue.
May 12, 2009
800 posts
349 upvotes
We went with MSI just because of the pattern was what I was after. We have Caesarstone elsewhere in the house and it feels the exact same but without the marketing dollars added to the price tag.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1581 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
We have Caesarstone throughout the house (bathroom, kitchen, wet bar). Cambria is nice but super expensive compare to the other two. Cambria is sold to certain retailers and must be installed by them.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10115 posts
1537 upvotes
I'd say choose the one you can afford that you like the design the most.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1664 posts
834 upvotes
After going through this conundrum and being advised by a store to whom I ended up buying my countertop+backsplash, it's best you save your money and look into other brands.

I ended up with K-Stone. I saved close to 4k by going to a lesser known brand

The store owner said it herself - brands are brands, but sometimes it's best you pocket and save some money. She was brutally honest (they usually do high end installs/jobs).
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1581 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
Not all brand are equal unless you don't care...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27295 posts
6857 upvotes
Hamilton
Biscayne05 wrote: After going through this conundrum and being advised by a store to whom I ended up buying my countertop+backsplash, it's best you save your money and look into other brands.

I ended up with K-Stone. I saved close to 4k by going to a lesser known brand

The store owner said it herself - brands are brands, but sometimes it's best you pocket and save some money. She was brutally honest (they usually do high end installs/jobs).
Some stones are actually on par with CS and what not. It’s just a brand.

And as for OP... if you’re just doing a small area. You best hope that the shop has a leftover stone for your job, otherwise it’ll cost you a lot more.
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo