Food & Drink

Caffiene Candy/Energy Drinks by the Case?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2006 7:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 23, 2005
7 posts

Caffiene Candy/Energy Drinks by the Case?

I know CompuSmart sells Bawls by the case, and the odd convenience store sells RedBull by the case, but does anyone else know where it's possible to order online/buy in person things like that around Canada particularily Toronto? A web based dealer that ships to Canada for a reasonable price will do too, cause thinkgeek.com is not reasonable :) 20 dollars us for 10 dollars worth of candy?
17 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10363 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
alkaseltzer01 wrote:what candy has caffeine??
Bawl candy of course. I have a few tins of them. Not very great.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9403 posts
966 upvotes
GTA
For the drinks, I know Costco has some and I think Sam's Club has some...

Red Rave and Rockstar double size cans.. I forget which store has which...
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4298 upvotes
ugh, i chugged half a can of Rockstar this morning and it gave me a major headache that lasted a few hours
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3510 posts
164 upvotes
I just bought a case of Red Rave from Costco. 24 cans for $19.99 :) ... cheaper than a $1/can. It's located where all the pop are. Also, they sell Rockstart (if I remember correctly) ... they come in a case of 12 for $18? (not sure about the price).
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
2022 posts
40 upvotes
Would it not be easier (and cheaper) to just pop some caffeine pills? Are there other active ingredient in these drinks?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10363 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
There's been a recent health alert about engery drinks. They can have adverse health effects if you drink more than 1 can within a 24 hour period.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2002
1066 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
dmdsoftware2 wrote:There's been a recent health alert about engery drinks. They can have adverse health effects if you drink more than 1 can within a 24 hour period.
IF you have some kind of heart condition.

edit: that's not to say you should go nuts and drink to your hearts content, but they're really not as dangerous as they seem in these health reports to normal healthy individuals with no cardiac conditions.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1251 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
where can you buy bawl candy in Canada? not in the bulk form like the OP is asking.

Do you have to order online? or can it be found in retail stores?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10363 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
el_diablo007 wrote:IF you have some kind of heart condition.

edit: that's not to say you should go nuts and drink to your hearts content, but they're really not as dangerous as they seem in these health reports to normal healthy individuals with no cardiac conditions.
There was a bit on the CTV news the other day that mentioned that no one should drink more than 1 can of any energy drink in a day. They did not mention that the advisory was for people with cardiac conditions.

Of course like usual, the ctv crappy site doesn't turn up anything.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I've been buying Penguim Mints by the case for a couple years.
Shipping is still alot from the US.

But they are on Ebbay and I've gottn a whole case of 72 tins for about $60 US (don't U wish U were in my holiday gift list.........? ;)

They also have a website www.penguinmints.com

eebay seller penguin mints

The reg mint ones are good- peppermint tasting.

The Cinnamon Mint ones are awesome.....and very addictive

The chocolate mint ones are ok- taste a bit chalky or not like "real" chocolate.

They also have caffiene gum.

The cola flavour is ok tasting, peppermint is allright too.

but the mints are way better.
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
2022 posts
40 upvotes
Steeve Urkel wrote:I've been buying Penguim Mints by the case for a couple years.
Shipping is still alot from the US.

But they are on Ebbay and I've gottn a whole case of 72 tins for about $60 US (don't U wish U were in my holiday gift list.........? ;)

They also have a website www.penguinmints.com

eebay seller penguin mints

The reg mint ones are good- peppermint tasting.

The Cinnamon Mint ones are awesome.....and very addictive

The chocolate mint ones are ok- taste a bit chalky or not like "real" chocolate.

They also have caffiene gum.

The cola flavour is ok tasting, peppermint is allright too.

but the mints are way better.
Seems sort of weak, it says 1/3rd the caffeine content of a can of cola. Coca-Cola has 34mg of caffeine/can, to contast Red Bull has 8mg/can, and a pill of WakeUps has 100mg. That's 9 mints to equal one caffeine pill.