[OP]
Jul 20, 2009
268 posts
427 upvotes

Calgary - 50% Off New Windshield For Essential Workers

Retailer:
CalAlta
Saw a Facebook ad and confirmed.
CalAlta Auto Glass is offering 50% off for windshields if you are an essential worker. The deal ends on May 15, 2020. I had mine done last weekend and was happy with their service. With the 50% discount their price was about $80 less than any other place could offer me.
They don't define what an essential worker is, but from the Facebook page it seems that anyone who is working right now will qualify. They asked me to show ID to confirm that I was an essential worker.

For those that don't qualify, you can get up to $140 off right now with a food bank donation. If you qualify for the essential worker discount, be generous and still donate a few items please :)

https://calaltaautoglass.ca/

The ad is not posted on their website from what I can see. They have two locations in Calgary.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2261 posts
45 upvotes
They do not disclose make of glass maker
Folks with safety features need to get oem or it doesn’t work properly
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1113 posts
1085 upvotes
Calgary
diabolical7 wrote: They do not disclose make of glass maker
Folks with safety features need to get oem or it doesn’t work properly
Requiring OEM because of safety features isn't true.

I had a Mazda with rain sensing wipers, CalAlta replaced it for $180. Subaru with Eyesight, replaced for $250.
Neither glass was OEM.

Calibration may be required (not in my case), but that's not based on OEM or aftermarket glass.
Sep 14, 2007
868 posts
306 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I wouldn't use them if it was free.

Did a terrible job "filling" a rock chip. Came out worse than when I arrived.
Jan 31, 2007
440 posts
246 upvotes
Same experience here. Total hack job on the rock chips. And the ‘manager’ ended up berating my wife because she complained about it. Total losers.

I did a windshield replacement with them 10+ years ago and it was dirt cheap but the windshield cracked really easily (as compared to oem) and I ended up replacing it again the following year. Do yourself a favour, get it done right. 50% is wayyy too much of a discount on a product like this for it to make sense. Somethings gotta give and my guess is quality.
Crystal glass on center does a fantastic job at a reasonable price.
ecobuilder wrote: I wouldn't use them if it was free.

Did a terrible job "filling" a rock chip. Came out worse than when I arrived.
Dec 10, 2003
67 posts
36 upvotes
Calalta always has these half price “deals.” It’s basically their regular price. You can ask for this over the phone any time of year. They used to have a ton of groupons at half price then I called once and they said Just to phone and get the groupon price.