• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2011 9:19 pm
[OP]
Apr 24, 2008
54 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

California for new years

I will be traveling to the Los Angeles area with my girlfriend around Christmas time, from Dec. 25- Jan. 3rd and we fly into LAX, I am wondering if anyone has been or has any suggestions on what we could do for new years eve.
Also if there are any must sees in that area, I'm planning on renting a car to make travel easy, some of the places we already put on the list are:
Disneyland
Hollywood
Probably drive hwy1 to San Fran
Palm springs for a night

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks
4 replies
Apr 23, 2006
211 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
Santa Monica, Venice, Balboa Island, Mulholland Drive is pretty cool especially at night. You can hike up Runyon Canyon, and for a great view of the city, Griffith Observatory. Go there around sunset, you can see the city by day then hang around till dark. Great view of the city.
Enjoy, I'm missing my yearly visit
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1038 posts
214 upvotes
yugp_srb wrote: I will be traveling to the Los Angeles area with my girlfriend around Christmas time, from Dec. 25- Jan. 3rd and we fly into LAX, I am wondering if anyone has been or has any suggestions on what we could do for new years eve.
Thanks

Las Vegas would be the place to be on New Years Eve although it will likely be expensive
[OP]
Apr 24, 2008
54 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree that Vegas will be expensive, I was even thinking of just doing something in downtown la, just hoping someone can give me an idea of anything to do in town.
Mar 31, 2007
374 posts
9 upvotes
Milton
I was in LA for Christmas last year and here is the best feedback I can give you:

Disneyland - get there VERY early as line ups are huge. Last year for a couple of days they closed off entry to the park at 10:30 as it was at capacity.
New year - there are lots of parties and shows so check la times or similar to see what is happening. quite a few clubs on sunset strip.
Hollywood - not that much to see TBH. A day maximum. There is a decent Cirque du Soleil show at the kodak theatre called Iris.
Runyon Canyon - this is a favourite of mine just to get out and walk. Always fun but if not in top physical shape take the clockwise path :)