Hot Deals

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Free to play for a week (Blackout mode)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 9:44 am
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3512 posts
1803 upvotes
Coming from an average cod player. Always played campaign, jumped on for mp and never really played zombie
I paid $50 during the Walmart sale. I'm really disappoint that no campaign mode. The new blackout mode is a good time IF you and your buddies are playing together. MP is more polished but still wished they had new maps. I'll give the credit the rehashed maps are still a blast. Zombies mode I havent really tried out so I cant comment. Yes developers are trying to gauge with all these pay extra for skins character etc but you dont really need to buy anything to be ahead of other players.
Overall, the game is average to good and if your playing with buddies in the new blackout mode it's a good time. Is the game worth $80?not in my opinion, if your on the fence try it out on the weekend and if you like it I would look for it at the $50 price point on sale or used
Nov 17, 2014
327 posts
354 upvotes
QC
Will try this. What is the download size on PS4?
[OP]
Aug 8, 2015
959 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
zewill wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:14 am
Will try this. What is the download size on PS4?
They did not release any details. We'll have to find out tomorrow
Nov 11, 2014
139 posts
43 upvotes
Markham, ON
Didn't see it specified anywhere. Do you still need to have Xbox live or ps plus to try blackout during the free trial period?
Jul 8, 2012
769 posts
144 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I'm an average player at best and when it comes to Blackout, way below average I'm guessing. But damn is it so much fun. As a warning to newcomers, the common complaints were armor (especially level 3 armor) and concussion grenades which were knocking people out for far too long. They supposedly addressed the concussions by reducing effect which from the one time I used it, is true as the opposing player didn't seem too affected. Level 3 armor is an unfair advantage and for me, I wish they would only let people find level 1 armor and have option to build up to level 2.

I haven't played much multiplayer, I'm a TDM diehard, as I've been having too much fun on Blackout. Haven't paid for anything other than the $50 up front cost and well worth it. Unfortunately, I think this deterred many people from trying it out as games like Fortnite is free to play. Also since it's rated M, many parents aren't letting their kids play.

Give it a try, worse thing is you wasted your time.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
2939 posts
214 upvotes
i can see blackout going completely free, depending on how many micro-transactions downloads they get over this free trial. Only way to have even a shot at competiting with fornite.
====================================
[OP]
Aug 8, 2015
959 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
winston1234 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 12:14 pm
Didn't see it specified anywhere. Do you still need to have Xbox live or ps plus to try blackout during the free trial period?
Yes

Kevyd268 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 12:27 pm
Is this cross platform ?
No
"Unlike the permanently free-to-play Fortnite, cross-platform play is not enabled in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4."
Dec 20, 2012
64 posts
23 upvotes
Surrey
As a Fortnite player and Black Ops fan, I was excited when this first came out. However, ever since no campaign was confirmed, along with Fortnite adding more vehicles and limited time game modes, I haven't even batted an eye at BO4.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3972 posts
108 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:04 pm
"Unlike the permanently free-to-play Fortnite, cross-platform play is not enabled in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4."
I am not a fortnite player myself but I find the cross-play functionality very interesting. Don't console players always get absolutely destroyed when they face PC players? I imagine that would happen very often in COD.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4243 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if Blizzard/Activision will have the game on sale again this week.
Jul 8, 2012
769 posts
144 upvotes
VANCOUVER
nsd wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 4:09 pm
I am not a fortnite player myself but I find the cross-play functionality very interesting. Don't console players always get absolutely destroyed when they face PC players? I imagine that would happen very often in COD.
I am glad there is no cross-platform play as you said, it would be unbalanced towards PC players. I'm already having enough issues trying to beat PS4 players.

I have tried Fortnite but could never master the building on PS4, just seemed too confusing. Gave it up after a few hours of playing around.
Mar 31, 2004
195 posts
18 upvotes
Milton
I recently just got back into PC gaming and have been playing BO4. For the most part it's TDM that I play and Blackout with a group of friends as time permits. I'm curious as to how you can go about detecting a hacker in these games. I'm just an average player but there are times where the entire team is getting slaughtered left and right.
Mar 14, 2011
209 posts
72 upvotes
GTA
Been having a lot of fun in Blackout, in fact the whole package this year is very polished. The campaign being gone this year had me thinking that the game was going to be poor, but I personally hated BOIII's story and it this just kept going in that direction I would have probably passed on it. That said having mtx and season pass is double dipping on the fans I only got the season pass and won't be buying cod points.
Temp. Banned
Jan 21, 2006
637 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
drumhead wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 4:36 pm
I recently just got back into PC gaming and have been playing BO4. For the most part it's TDM that I play and Blackout with a group of friends as time permits. I'm curious as to how you can go about detecting a hacker in these games. I'm just an average player but there are times where the entire team is getting slaughtered left and right.
Always watch the kill cam after you are killed and record it. You can see when they have wall hack cause they are tracking you through walls, they also use aimbots so most of the time they get instant kills with head shots even through walls. Same shit that always happens with COD pretty much. But some are smarter then others and will turn it on and off to avoid detection.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
How magnificent Is Messi? There is no answer It’s like counting the bubbles in a bottle of Champagne
Destroying Arsenal and Manchester united is what he does best.... :p