Call Forwarding question

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2018 4:43 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes

Call Forwarding question

I have a question concerning call forwarding.

I'm looking to forward my cell line if the line is busy or I don't answer...

My current carrier : telus: told me that they only offer a full call forwarding rendering my line nonoperational....ie..all calls would be forwarded...

They also told me that if I will use the forwarding feature that my android phone offers they will charge me a crazy by minute fee..

Is there any carrier that offers the 'selective' call forwarding ?

Thanks in advance
12 replies
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
shiryon wrote: Rogers allows this.
I will recheck but they told me no...maybe I got an incompetent rep...
Sep 27, 2003
10414 posts
2865 upvotes
Newmarket
Bell offers both conditional and unconditional call forwarding. $3 per month for unlimited use.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16047 posts
4551 upvotes
Markham
How About get Fongo App
and use their call fowarding https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... Follow-Me-
use The Sequential ring mode

So give people your Fongo #
1st forward # your cell
2nd land line?
3rd voice mail?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: Bell offers both conditional and unconditional call forwarding. $3 per month for unlimited use.
Thank You will look into it
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: How About get Fongo App
and use their call fowarding https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... Follow-Me-
use The Sequential ring mode

So give people your Fongo #
1st forward # your cell
2nd land line?
3rd voice mail?

Thank you for the suggestion...this doesn't apply unfortunately....it's for business purposes and the ''second line'' is already an app....the business connect app from Telus.
I would try to avoid using 2 different voip apps on the same headset and line.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ziploc wrote: I have a question concerning call forwarding.

I'm looking to forward my cell line if the line is busy or I don't answer...

My current carrier : telus: told me that they only offer a full call forwarding rendering my line nonoperational....ie..all calls would be forwarded...

They also told me that if I will use the forwarding feature that my android phone offers they will charge me a crazy by minute fee..

Is there any carrier that offers the 'selective' call forwarding ?

Thanks in advance
Do you have unlimited calls? If I am correct, call forward minutes are considered as minutes actually used as if it has made a call . Also LD applies too if it is a LD.
You can test it by dialing *72 on your cell. Then you can check on your usage to see if the carrier is charging you extra or not (assuming you do not have unlimited call)
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
danieltoronto wrote: Do you have unlimited calls? If I am correct, call forward minutes are considered as minutes actually used as if it has made a call . Also LD applies too if it is a LD.
You can test it by dialing *72 on your cell. Then you can check on your usage to see if the carrier is charging you extra or not (assuming you do not have unlimited call)
yes unlimited canada wide, and the forwarding number is local...

I think it's a question of technology and features that carriers offer...Telus told me they only have full or none call forwarding...I only need one when the line is busy or I can't answer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ziploc wrote: yes unlimited canada wide, and the forwarding number is local...

I think it's a question of technology and features that carriers offer...Telus told me they only have full or none call forwarding...I only need one when the line is busy or I can't answer
That is easy. After dialing *72 , you can call your cell from another phone to see if forwarding works. Do not trust those customer service people at all.
See this page and that will be self explanatory if *72 does not work

http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19657 posts
9106 upvotes
Oakville
Public Mobile (Telus' prepaid third tier brand) has conditional call forwarding, so I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find out that Telus doesn't have it too.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14229 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
wearysky wrote: Public Mobile (Telus' prepaid third tier brand) has conditional call forwarding, so I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find out that Telus doesn't have it too.
+1

I'd be surprised if TELUS bills conditional vs. universal CF differently. It's bad enough that CF with TELUS or Rogers isn't unlimited (I think it's 2,500 minutes CF).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
May 30, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
I checked with Rogers and they have the feature available for 6$/mth.....but I think I won't need it any more as they also offers small business plans with unison all together..

Anw thx for all answers...screw telus.