Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Callaway Edge Golf Club Set 10 Pieces $649.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2022 7:40 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1147 posts
1309 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Callaway Edge Golf Club Set 10 Pieces $649.99

Looks like this is back in stock, in-store only. I believe this is a good set, posted previously on RFD many times.

Both right and left hand available, at the time of posting there are around 10 left (Costco Oshawa).

Thanks for the upvote!
166 replies
Jan 9, 2006
119 posts
13 upvotes
Would these work for someone thats 5’5
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1075 posts
1976 upvotes
Calgary
Of course they would.
- Everyone has their thing, we're all here to save money while doing it…
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Shellz wrote: Would these work for someone thats 5’5
Probably have to get it cut.
Oct 27, 2006
903 posts
201 upvotes
For the questions that are going to be incoming for the thread.

This is a great deal for any beginner golfer - Height should not matter unless you are over 6'4.

This will sell out. If you are remotely interested and see it, buy it. Someone on Marketplace or Kijiji will take it off your hands for 650$ after you decide the game is not your thing and golf is too expensive.

Highly recommend, great gift, great starter kit.
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
Will check it out tomorrow
Aug 4, 2010
261 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Does Costco carry Edge women club set?
May 23, 2007
98 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
great beginner set without making a big hole in the wallet. If there was a women's set would buy in a heartbeat for the wife
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
JnJosh wrote: For the questions that are going to be incoming for the thread.

This is a great deal for any beginner golfer - Height should not matter unless you are over 6'4.

This will sell out. If you are remotely interested and see it, buy it. Someone on Marketplace or Kijiji will take it off your hands for 650$ after you decide the game is not your thing and golf is too expensive.

Highly recommend, great gift, great starter kit.
I would concur. It has everything you need to play and I'd say it's good enough for most as they progress. Even for intermediate players who probably started with a $20 set off Kijiji, I'd say this is a good enough set up to mid-handicappers. Exception would be for those with above average swing speeds, but these would be lower handicappers most of the time anyways and they'd have clubs with stiffer shafts.

Of course, there's factors like athleticism, swing speed, height and so on but for beginners, the biggest mistake is swinging for the fences to brag about their swing speed and wonder why they're spraying the ball all over the place. Technique first and the swing speed follows.

Anyhow, clubs are the cheapest investment in the golf journey. Green fees and lessons is where it hurts the wallet.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3197 upvotes
GTA
Can’t wait to see the RFD bros at the range slicing away with these when they could do with a $200 used set to start off and practice their swing.

“Beginner” not so much. These are great for the early stage golfer who is already going regularly and ready for what a good set of clubs can do for them.
Nov 23, 2006
419 posts
111 upvotes
Has anyone seen these in Winnipeg ?
I live out of town and don't want to make the trip if not.
Live the best life you can. Life is a game.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
2662 posts
9057 upvotes
nice find! i hope they're at my costco when i go next.
May 23, 2007
98 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
hbbptr wrote: How do these compare with the cobra xl?
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... 94517.html#
No putter included in this one in lieu of the golf bag. You can probably spend the difference on a bag of your choice with the callaway.

Quality wise as a beginner set I’ll bet neither one will be the reasons for your eventual struggles hehe. Personal preference but I would opt for the edge set
Last edited by giCe on Apr 11th, 2022 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 6, 2018
347 posts
455 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote: Can’t wait to see the RFD bros at the range slicing away with these when they could do with a $200 used set to start off and practice their swing.

“Beginner” not so much. These are great for the early stage golfer who is already going regularly and ready for what a good set of clubs can do for them.
Where does one find a complete used set for $200 anymore ?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2017
1047 posts
1093 upvotes
No specific comments on these clubs.

But if I were a beginner I would much rather go into a golf shop and comparison shop (and get to try out) beginner sets.

And if I were not a beginner this would not be a set for me.

The deal doesn't seem horrible, but its not exactly way cheaper than you can get elsewhere. And even with the return policy, what you lose getting this at costco is the ability to compare. Also, I would take getting the putter as part of the set as a negative. You want to get a putter that suits your style and buying it a la carte is likely better
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guess I'm making a costco run today. I actually don't have a membership, can I go in and see if there's stock before signing up?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1024 posts
1107 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tache14 wrote: Has anyone seen these in Winnipeg ?
I live out of town and don't want to make the trip if not.
Saw them at Regent yesterday around 5pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Anarchaotic wrote: Guess I'm making a costco run today. I actually don't have a membership, can I go in and see if there's stock before signing up?
You can go to the customer service side and ask about inventory first
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Just a heads up to those interested. These are another popular scalper item. They were actually out a few weeks ago. I got lucky as they generally sell out in a day. Take a look at Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji and you will see a bunch of people marking these up by $200. So again if interested, get in there and get it before the scalpers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)