Hot Deals

Costco

Callaway Edge Golf Club Set 10 Pieces $649.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 7:55 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2014
771 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Callaway Edge Golf Club Set 10 Pieces $649.99

Looks like this is back in stock, in-store only. I believe this is a good set, posted previously on RFD many times.

Both right and left hand available, at the time of posting there are around 10 left (Costco Oshawa).

Image
Image
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
153 replies
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2006
118 posts
9 upvotes
Would these work for someone thats 5’5
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2016
732 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Shellz wrote: Would these work for someone thats 5’5
Probably have to get it cut.
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2006
888 posts
190 upvotes
For the questions that are going to be incoming for the thread.

This is a great deal for any beginner golfer - Height should not matter unless you are over 6'4.

This will sell out. If you are remotely interested and see it, buy it. Someone on Marketplace or Kijiji will take it off your hands for 650$ after you decide the game is not your thing and golf is too expensive.

Highly recommend, great gift, great starter kit.
Sr. Member
Apr 19, 2012
726 posts
184 upvotes
TORONTO
Will check it out tomorrow
Member
Aug 4, 2010
211 posts
47 upvotes
Does Costco carry Edge women club set?
Newbie
May 23, 2007
88 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
great beginner set without making a big hole in the wallet. If there was a women's set would buy in a heartbeat for the wife
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
3263 posts
2713 upvotes
Markham
JnJosh wrote: For the questions that are going to be incoming for the thread.

This is a great deal for any beginner golfer - Height should not matter unless you are over 6'4.

This will sell out. If you are remotely interested and see it, buy it. Someone on Marketplace or Kijiji will take it off your hands for 650$ after you decide the game is not your thing and golf is too expensive.

Highly recommend, great gift, great starter kit.
I would concur. It has everything you need to play and I'd say it's good enough for most as they progress. Even for intermediate players who probably started with a $20 set off Kijiji, I'd say this is a good enough set up to mid-handicappers. Exception would be for those with above average swing speeds, but these would be lower handicappers most of the time anyways and they'd have clubs with stiffer shafts.

Of course, there's factors like athleticism, swing speed, height and so on but for beginners, the biggest mistake is swinging for the fences to brag about their swing speed and wonder why they're spraying the ball all over the place. Technique first and the swing speed follows.

Anyhow, clubs are the cheapest investment in the golf journey. Green fees and lessons is where it hurts the wallet.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 21, 2013
1881 posts
2526 upvotes
GTA
Can’t wait to see the RFD bros at the range slicing away with these when they could do with a $200 used set to start off and practice their swing.

“Beginner” not so much. These are great for the early stage golfer who is already going regularly and ready for what a good set of clubs can do for them.
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2006
412 posts
98 upvotes
Has anyone seen these in Winnipeg ?
I live out of town and don't want to make the trip if not.
Live the best life you can. Life is a game whose rules you learn if you leap into it and play it to the hilt.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1071 posts
3060 upvotes
nice find! i hope they're at my costco when i go next.
Newbie
May 23, 2007
88 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
hbbptr wrote: How do these compare with the cobra xl?
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... 94517.html#
No putter included in this one in lieu of the golf bag. You can probably spend the difference on a bag of your choice with the callaway.

Quality wise as a beginner set I’ll bet neither one will be the reasons for your eventual struggles hehe. Personal preference but I would opt for the edge set
Last edited by giCe on Apr 11th, 2022 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Jun 6, 2018
298 posts
400 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote: Can’t wait to see the RFD bros at the range slicing away with these when they could do with a $200 used set to start off and practice their swing.

“Beginner” not so much. These are great for the early stage golfer who is already going regularly and ready for what a good set of clubs can do for them.
Where does one find a complete used set for $200 anymore ?
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2017
765 posts
754 upvotes
No specific comments on these clubs.

But if I were a beginner I would much rather go into a golf shop and comparison shop (and get to try out) beginner sets.

And if I were not a beginner this would not be a set for me.

The deal doesn't seem horrible, but its not exactly way cheaper than you can get elsewhere. And even with the return policy, what you lose getting this at costco is the ability to compare. Also, I would take getting the putter as part of the set as a negative. You want to get a putter that suits your style and buying it a la carte is likely better
Member
May 8, 2015
272 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guess I'm making a costco run today. I actually don't have a membership, can I go in and see if there's stock before signing up?
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2011
706 posts
464 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tache14 wrote: Has anyone seen these in Winnipeg ?
I live out of town and don't want to make the trip if not.
Saw them at Regent yesterday around 5pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1991 posts
1250 upvotes
Durham
Anarchaotic wrote: Guess I'm making a costco run today. I actually don't have a membership, can I go in and see if there's stock before signing up?
You can go to the customer service side and ask about inventory first
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1991 posts
1250 upvotes
Durham
Just a heads up to those interested. These are another popular scalper item. They were actually out a few weeks ago. I got lucky as they generally sell out in a day. Take a look at Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji and you will see a bunch of people marking these up by $200. So again if interested, get in there and get it before the scalpers.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)