This is a Brand New Item Directly from Callaway Golf
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12041 posts
3368 upvotes
GTA
Goodig wrote: This is a Brand New Item Directly from Callaway Golf
Not bad for the whole shebang. Don't think it's straight from Callaway though, the seller is 'budgetgolfer'.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7099 posts
1299 upvotes
It's not Callaway... I believe this used to be top flite... It's one of the companies under Callaway.

Pls change the title - it's misleading.

Edit:

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loo ... to-di.html

"At one time Top-Flite enjoyed one of the largest market shares in the golf ball category. Today, the brand was sold by Callaway Golf to Dick's Sporting Goods for $20 million in cash, according to an 8-K filing... In 2003 Callaway purchased Top-Flite Golf (which, at the time, was comprised of the Top-Flite, Strata and Ben Hogan brands) for $125 million through a pre-packaged bankruptcy agreement. Callaway sold off the Hogan brand to Perry Ellis earlier this year. "
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
Budgetgolf is not Callaway and this is being shipped from the USA.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Aug 27, 2006
216 posts
39 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I remember when Top-Flite actually made good clubs, that were used on the Tour.

I had a set of the Top-Flite Tour irons back in mid 90's. Then I gave up thinking I was good enough to play blades and bought a set of Cobra irons, my game has improved a lot even though I don't play anywhere close to as much as I used to.

That being said, this "Callaway" set would be good for a beginner, but not much else.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12041 posts
3368 upvotes
GTA
tim-bit wrote: I remember when Top-Flite actually made good clubs, that were used on the Tour.

I had a set of the Top-Flite Tour irons back in mid 90's. Then I gave up thinking I was good enough to play blades and bought a set of Cobra irons, my game has improved a lot even though I don't play anywhere close to as much as I used to.

That being said, this "Callaway" set would be good for a beginner, but not much else.
+1

Blades are only good if you're close to scratch AND play a few times a week. I got a set when I dropped below 5 and I played nearly every day. Then I left school and got a friggin job, ruined my golf game. Reluctantly I had to retire the blades :(