• Jan 16th, 2019 10:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 26, 2007
722 posts
232 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:29 pm
Not sure how much arsenic the soils in the prairie provinces have. Organic cultivation doesn't make a difference: Rice plants just absorb it from the soil so where rice is grown makes more of a difference. It's not as if fertilizers or farming chemicals add arsenic.
This is probably the better deal then. Lots of nutrients and vitamins .

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JX6PNBK
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7371 posts
1557 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it really necessary to spend that much on rice? Just go to an Asian grocery store such as T&T and see what they have to offer.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
May 26, 2007
722 posts
232 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:39 pm
Is it really necessary to spend that much on rice? Just go to an Asian grocery store such as T&T and see what they have to offer.
Check out the label so many nutrients and vitamins. 30 bucks minus ebates 8% for 6 400g bags (as per below Costco carries same brand much cheaper)

I went to a Chinese market and depending what you want can be expensive. But this is made In Canada? I love plain white sticky rice but wanted to try something a little more healthier. Thanks to people here I didnt know there were so many different coloured rices to choose from too

https://www.amazon.ca/Floating-Leaf-Pro ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Again see below. Costco carries same brand for mich cheaper.
Last edited by insomnia77 on Jan 16th, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7872 posts
2272 upvotes
Toronto
brown rice is not healthier than white.
wild rice is not truly rice, much like peanuts are not really nuts.
i cook all my rice like pasta now in plenty of boiling water and strain. that removes additional arsenic as does soaking it overnight and rinsing.
i have heard black/ forbidden rice is very high is antioxidants, but i believe it works most well in sweet preparations so you could be trading higher sugar for more nutrients if you go the sweet route.
when rice is cooked and cooled, like in sushi, some of the starch is converted to resistant starch which is a prebiotic and reduces the glycemic index of the rice.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7371 posts
1557 upvotes
Mississauga
insomnia77 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:55 am
Check out the label so many nutrients and vitamins. 30 bucks minus ebates 8% for 6 400g bags is not that bad. I went to a Chinese market and depending what you want can be expensive. But this is made In Canada? I love plain white sticky rice but wanted to try something a little more healthier. Thanks to people here I didnt know there were so many different coloured rices to choose from too

https://www.amazon.ca/Floating-Leaf-Pro ... YIK6Y9EEQB
Costco has 1.5kg bag for 8.99.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
May 26, 2007
722 posts
232 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 9:49 pm
Almost, you can add your own mushrooms. This wild rice looked really good and we ended up buying a bag.
Good find. That's a hot deal