• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2010 10:40 am
[OP]
May 19, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Calling Shoppers Drug Mart

Check out the new online meeting place for Shoppers Drug Mart employees. We work hard for one of the most successful businesses in Canada, and need a place to meet and organize.

Registration is free, fast and anonymous. See you there!
Only when the last tree has died, and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
— Cree proverb
4 replies
Jun 20, 2008
146 posts
4 upvotes
cambridge
This screams pending disciplinary action for the creator.

A "complaint corner" seriously?

I hope you work retail and not corporate because you very well could lose a good paying job. No company wants their internal secrets shared on a public forum.

Edits:

Just read your posts and it looks like you work retail. It seems like you love your job of over 5 years so i implore you to delete this. At this point it is easy to trace to you and this will not go over well with any company as this is not approved by the them.

Example: Bad idea to link to a story about employees/store owners sung SDM. How do you think the company feels about you bringing attention to that?
[OP]
May 19, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
EnGros wrote: This screams pending disciplinary action for the creator.

I hope you work retail and not corporate because you very well could lose a good paying job. No company wants their internal secrets shared on a public forum.

Edits:

Just read your posts and it looks like you work retail. It seems like you love your job of over 5 years so i implore you to delete this. At this point it is easy to trace to you and this will not go over well with any company as this is not approved by the them.

Example: Bad idea to link to a story about employees/store owners sung SDM. How do you think the company feels about you bringing attention to that?

Your advice is much appreciated, and duly noted.

The forum serves as a place for hardworking employees, associates and CO workers to meet with discretion and talk one-on-one about any issues affecting the company, from lawsuits targeted to CO to issues within stores. It's based entirely on a use-at-your-own-risk basis.
Only when the last tree has died, and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
— Cree proverb
Oct 20, 2010
433 posts
104 upvotes
Why not make an anonymous SDM employee blog and spreads its existence via word of mouth to coworkers who can then contribute.

mylifeatshoppers.com or something
Jan 8, 2010
92 posts
6 upvotes
Ontario
EnGros wrote: This screams pending disciplinary action for the creator.

Edits:

LOL.

Anyway, seems like a nice idea if it gains traction. Reminds me of http://failingenterprise.com/forums/index.php (Enterprise car rental employees) which actually has a reasonable user base. Of course, its mainly pissed-off/disgruntled staff (of which their are many).